Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The greatest all around talent the wrestling industry has ever seen, imo. Best heel, best talker, 3 top notch feuds, 5 star matches galore, most world title reigns, almost 4000 cumulative days as champ, carried WCW on his shoulders for a decade, leader of the GOAT stable, and I will probably add more later on.

Here's a nice banner that shows all of his title wins

https://m.imgur.com/r/SquaredCircle/kKLXKdy

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Walk That Aisle: Ric Flair Discussion Thread.

Hey @Flair Flop, have you been on top of the updates to Ric's health?

Triple H also said he's doing better, but he's not out of the woods yet on ESPN:
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/general-wwe/2232121-triple-h-visits-espns-first-take-discuss-mae-young-classic-mayweather-vs-mcgregor-lavar-ball-more.html#post70016233
I saw the video that Charlotte made saying he's doing far better. He sounds good to have been through what he's been through. I know he's got one hell of a promo waiting for us as soon as he gets turned loose.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

@Flair Flop Will you be buying the book?

BYof5S3greC
Of course I will. I might even try to get it autographed by both...the right way. Ya know, not stalking them at airports.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Who else can make falling flat on your face seem so great

·
Registered
15,735 Posts

Undeniably one of the GOATs, and tied with Savage as my favorite promo cutter of all time.

@3:29

Only Flair can get away with throwing a gucci shoe at the audience as if he was trying to kill someone :lmao

·
Registered
1,343 Posts

Who else can make falling flat on your face seem so great
I just could not stop laughing watching this. Is that wrong?

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
19 years between his first and last world title. That has to be a record right? If im not mistaken. I dont see that ever getting beat unless hhh gets another world title 2 years from now or Cena 7-8 years from now. Nobody can touch Flair on the mic imo. Many people see Rock as the greatest talker but I was a way bigger fan of Flairs promos. I still listen to some of his goat nwa promos on yt. I have no idea how he came up with all those poetic lines. Music to my ears.

There's a couple wrestler id rate higher then Flair as far as overall impact on the industry but I agree about him being the most well rounded wrestler ever. His inring skills might not impress todays fans but for his time he was the best.

Reactions: MK_Dizzle

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
19 years between his first and last world title. That has to be a record right? If im not mistaken. I dont see that ever getting beat unless hhh gets another world title 2 years from now or Cena 7-8 years from now. Nobody can touch Flair on the mic imo. Many people see Rock as the greatest talker but I was a way bigger fan of Flairs promos. I still listen to some of his goat nwa promos on yt. I have no idea how he came up with all those poetic lines. Music to my ears.

There's a couple wrestler id rate higher then Flair as far as overall impact on the industry but I agree about him being the most well rounded wrestler ever. His inring skills might not impress todays fans but for his time he was the best.
Thesz has him beat in that category. He got his first title a lot younger than Ric did.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
On the the anniversary of Ric's first title win

it's so sad that it's now also the day that we lost Bobby Heenan.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm so proud of Ric right now. As a recovering addict I've walked in the very shoes he's walking in right now. You tell yourself so many lies just to avoid having to face the truth. You create so many lines in your head that as long as you don't cross, you don't have to see yourself as having a real problem. I can completely understand how Ric lived in blindness to his disease. He's the Nature Boy. Very easy to get lost in that lifestyle. Very easy to create an illusion that it's not really that bad. It took a lot for him to admit it to us and to himself.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@Flair Flop We are a week removed from the 18th anniversary of this segment:

x1w6br5

Was Flair's promo to Bischoff a shoot? I was only 9 at the time and damn sure didn't know about backstage happenings back then.
The video isn’t showing up for me, but I’m sure it’s if the night the Horsemen reunited. I was there that night. Greatest live wrestling experience of my life. I was hoarse from screaming We Want Flair all night. I still remember the chills when Arn introduced him. It was electric. One of my fav promos all time.

Yeah, I think Ric took matter into his own hands to an extent that night. I don’t think he has ever followed a script verbatim. He had so much reason to resent Bischoff. It easy criminal how’s far he was dropped down the card.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I would agree Ric is the GOAT by all means, but quite ironically his biggest downfall is his well publicized up and down sense of self confidence, which IMO led to him letting himself get a bit walked over in WCW and WWE and booked into positions a guy like him should never have never been in.

For example when Hogan and Savage both came to WCW, they both beat Flair clean something like 2 or 3 times each straight before moving on to other things. That's crazy.

Also, later in the WWE era, the fact that they couldn't even find a spot for him on the main WM23 card is insane, he was on the pre-show.

I know there are plenty of stories of Flair playing politics, but I think if he had more confidence in himself at times and played politics to the point of a even half a Hogan, HHH or Nash etc did then he would have an even bigger star studded career and legacy.

Like I said, ironic that the man who plays a character so enamoured with himself and his abilities would have self confidence issues.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts