Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
A stanning today 💋
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beware all you tight-fisted restaurant and bar goers who don't tend to make a habit of tipping generously - or at all - for service received, for you could find a baying mob on your tail.

The hunt is on for one Andrew Meyer, believed to work at Microsoft in Seattle, Washington, after he not only declined to tip a waitress at Bimbo's Cantina in Capitol Hill on Friday night, but he actually wrote on the receipt: 'P.S. You could stand to loose [sic] a few pounds.'

The waitress in question - Victoria Liss - was so incensed by the customer's comment and his lack of gratuity, that she has made it her mission to find the 'jerk' responsible - as have thousands of other social networkers.
She posted a picture of the offending receipt on her Facebook page and named him as Andrew Meyer, who she called 'yuppie scum'.

The picture was reposted on Facebook, blogged, tweeted and reported on by several media outlets and is still growing.

There were growing whispers of 'waiter rage' and ideas of putting his picture up in every bar in town so customers and servers alike could give him exactly what he deserves.

There was one minor set back in the hunt for the 'yuppie scum' who went to Bimbo's Cantina with a lady friend on Friday night.
Victoria Liss thought she found the offending Andrew Meyer and posted his picture and contact details on Facebook - except it was the wrong Andrew Meyer.

She has since profusely apologised for the mix up, saying: 'I need glasses, I put up the picture of the wrong guy. I’m a douche for that. SO SORRY. Blinded by rage.'

Speaking to The Stranger about the incident, Ms Liss went on an expletive-filled rant about the man who did not tip her.
She said: 'There are two things that led him to behave like that in my mind. He came in and I was, though I regret it now, very nice to him.

'Also, he ordered a taco and I recommended he get a double decker. His lady friend called it "carb hell" so apparently it was a very offensive menu suggestion.

'When you know you're gonna be a total d***, DON'T GIVE THE BARTENDER YOUR CREDIT CARD. We live in a social networking hub, don't sh** where you eat.'

The internet is awash with comments about the man in question, most full of outrage that he not only refrained from tipping but insulted the waitress in the process.

An all-out hunt to find the real Andrew Meyer.
It appears his naming and shaming is not enough but the internet rage machine want a picture and contact details also.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2048367/Bimbos-waitress-Victoria-Liss-launches-hunt-tipper-Andrew-Meyer.html

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Blowing the whole thing way out of proportion. And he did give her reasonable advice based on that picture. Should have tipped her normally tho. Dumb move on her part for posting some other guys pic and contact details.

·
Premium Member
13,076 Posts
Where'd you get that picture of Croft?^

I lol'd at the story though. Don't give a shit what over people do, though I always tip.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I stand up for all cheap asses, hate tipping, but the lose some weight thing was a tad bit unnecessary.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I stand up for all cheap asses, hate tipping, but the lose some weight thing was a tad bit unnecessary.
I have never understood the whole tipping part. I mean if the person in a table is taking care of a few people (making her work a bit extra) and she is doing an excellent job than ya. However I don't get the point of tipping someone that is doing his/her "job" to serve me when he/she is already getting paid for it. I never got paid a tip to deliver the damn merchandise where the customer asked to put it in a certain place. On a side note both of them did a dick move.

·
Know Your Worth
10,729 Posts
Dick move, but tipping waitresses is stupid. Why should I have to pay a waiter/ress for bringing my food when he/she is already getting paid by the restaurant?

·
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone
5,893 Posts
And this is why I despise all this social media bullshit...'an all out hunt for a customer who didn't tip' FFS get a pissing life. I can understand if she's upset but the people who make it their mission to get involved in something that doesn't concern them will never cease to amaze me. As people have said it was a dick move albeit I found it funny but the over-reaction from her and everyone else to the point where they were discussing putting his picture around town to root him out just takes the piss.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts