Wrestling Forum banner

Wade Barrett?

2101 Views 24 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  MarkyMark88
Wow, the SD EC match was great as expected. But the one think I had an immense problem with was how they handled Barrett, I mean they went through so much character development for this guy, to eventually make him the top heel in the WWE. But after last night's showing, the WWE made Barret really weak. First he was getting his ass beat by Rey and Edge, then the Drew Spot, and then he was made Big Show's bitch. Anyone else thing Barrett was screwed in this match?
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Banned
9,964 Posts
I think it was a bit of storytelling, as they all in some way shape or form went through hell at the hands of barrett. except mcintyre, who was really aggressive to everyone really. anyway it was either him or drew going out first, and they're both getting good pushes, so i wouldnt worry.

· Registered
7,589 Posts
Well i take it from last night that The Undertaker won't be returning to face Wade Barrett at WrestleMania 27 because they made Wade Barrett look really weak at The Elimination Chamber PPV to the extent that Wade Barrett wouldn't be believeable in going up against The Undertaker at WrestleMania. From a kayfabe standpoint if Shawn Michaels failed in two consecutive attempts and even lost his career trying to beat The Undertaker at WrestleMania then how on earth are we meant to believe that Wade Barrett could now.

It is almost as if WWE booking just couldn't be bothered to continue all the good work that John Cena had done with Wade Barrett last year in building him up and making him seem like a believable top heel, there were times last year when i believed that Wade Barrett was the next mega heel ala Triple H. Now though he has just been kind of coasting along with no real momentum anymore and is in desperate need of being built up again quickly seeing how he is the leader of SmackDown's only stable.

· Premium Member
6,855 Posts
Since moving to Smackdown and not doing much of anything besides creating a Stable, Barrett has lost most of his heat. It's sort of sad to see. He really built up his own character well just to be tossed to the wolves.

Now with Taker vs. Barrett at Mania Plans in the trash, they made him look real weak last night. I guess he'll go against Big Show at Mania? I'm not too sure where this leaves him. He better go over at Mania or shit will hit the fan.

· Registered
454 Posts
I can accept the unpredictability of some of the matches the creative boys put together, but what beats me is why they are not exploiting one of the best heels there is for his microphone skills, if nothing else. All this "we are equal" stuff buries Wade on Smackdown, and we don't get the aggression, or expectation that he generated when he was on Raw and baiting Cena and Orton: that was great viewing and Wade was building a big fan base from that. Raw is missing that edge that Wade brought to it, and on Smackdown he is just wasted, there is on feud there for him: Big Show/Wade doesn't fire up anybody; Mysterio/Wade is okay, but does not have a future. Are the creative team making him hang around for when Taker is ready for his next return? It could be a long wait! Get Wade back to Raw, please.

· Registered
1,604 Posts
his problem is there pushing Del Rio right now so he basically is in a side feud until then.

· Registered
135 Posts
I thought Barrett got screwed in this match too. I was really expecting Barrett to have a good showing in this one but they made him look really weak. Outside of creating a stable on SD his push has been nothing compared to what it was on Raw. It is a shame too, Wade is a work horse and his character could really be developed, hate to see good talent get wasted. There is still time though, I think his title push is right around the corner post WM.

· Registered
9,576 Posts
Unfortunately for Wade Barrett, there's no John Cena on Smackdown to put him over and make him look good. He's got the rub now he's got to rise up. Actually it's probably best that his push is scaled back. Sheamus was pushed too fast and too soon and now he's in total limbo.

Why do you think Barrett is on Smackdown? After working with Cena and Orton there's nowhere to go but down.

· Registered
1,604 Posts
Unfortunately for Wade Barrett, there's no John Cena on Smackdown to put him over and make him look good. He's got the rub now he's got to rise up. Actually it's probably best that his push is scaled back. Sheamus was pushed too fast and too soon and now he's in total limbo.

Why do you think Barrett is on Smackdown? After working with Cena and Orton there's nowhere to go but down.
yeah i agree with this Barrett shouldnt get the Belt until at least towards the end of 2011 as he still needs to work on his match quality feuding with Big Show isnt going to do that but the draft isnt far away they could Draft JoMo to SD for him to feud with.

· My man
6,562 Posts
I think he's just been put on the burner since he's new. Punk has robbed him of what is rightfully his and that's to be the number 1 heel on RAW. CM Punk failed with the SES so Vince dropped Wade on his head, buried him with Cena when he should of won the title and sent him off to Smackdown to do feck all because they already had plans for ADR being the main heel there.

· Registered
7,682 Posts
and that right there is the problem with rising so fast

look at miz for example he was slowly built over the years from tag wrestler to mid card heel to finally rising to main event heel over the past 7 years

you get more longevity this way

· My man
6,562 Posts

look at miz for example he was slowly built over the years from tag wrestler to mid card heel to finally rising to main event heel over the past 7 years

Wade developed over a year, he didn't get pushed to much, Sheamus got pushed fast. The WWE know he has quality but they dumped him on Smackdown to make room for another of their favourites, CM Punk and you can't expect creative to dump all of their plans for someone as new as Wade.

· Registered
7,682 Posts
^he already had extensive long feuds with orton and cena the 2 top faces of the company wade has been in the wwe for 1 full year and that is including his NXT run if we dont include that he has been in WWE for 9 months

he was pushed quite fast while guys like miz and punk did'nt get such feuds till 5-7 years in the company

· Recognize
21,207 Posts
I still don't understand why people are shocked about this. WWE have done exactly the same thing to Swagger and Seamus over the past year and I just knew that Barrett would face the same fate the second Nexus went away. I didn't exactly expect it to go down the way it has but I knew it would happen. I'm even willing to bet that the same thing will happen to Miz and/or ADR come the Summer when WWE has a new flavor of the month and decides to get behind them before dropping them again. It is the most retarded system ever but its what they do.

· Registered
819 Posts

While I'm all for slow, steady pushes and longevity, Wade Barrett is more qualified to be a main-eventer then Miz, Sheamus or Swagger. That being said, I still think Barrett should be built up more before he gets the gold. The guy has that factor and personality needed to be a true top-heel and star, something the rest of those guys lack. Just my opinion.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,845 Posts
He has still more heat than Ziggler, McIntyre and Swagger combined
Ziggler could get heat but Vickie is overshadowing him. McIntyre is going tweener, possibly even face. Swagger has been pushed...off the face of the earth. He can't even get time on Superstars. He would have been a much better Smackdown Elimination Chamber member than Big Show, for instance.

Wade Barrett is just a bit lost in the mix lately and is no longer in the stable that was the focal point of the A show. It happens. He's in the mid card for now, but not for life.

· My man
6,562 Posts
What annoys me is that Wade looked like he belonged in the Elimination Chamber, several others from SD and RAW simply didn't yet they came off looking a lot better than he did (Apart from truth). I wish this ADR and Edge thing would finish quickly, Edge is a broken record and so is ADRs promos atm.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.