Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a Smackdown Nexus seems to now be formed, in his match with the Big Show, Gabriel & Slater hit the ring to help him. But here is the bigger news. EZEKIEL JACKSON, also came down to help Barrett and at the end, all 4 men raised there arms. What do you guys think? I love it, can't wait too see it, my only problem is the lack of faces on Smackdown for them to fued with.

I hope we see Tarver added to either Nexus, preferably Smackdowns, he will get more TV time.

·
pretending to be nice
1,492 Posts
Sounds awesome man. It was predictable that Gabriel and Slater would join him, but Zeke is a surprise. This Nexus sounds pretty damn strong and I hope it gets over. They could even add in Sheffield to make it even more awesome.

·
Registered
285 Posts
This is very surprising because the same sources reported that Sheffield and possibly Tarver are set to return as faces. I see this Nexus as the true Nexus. Husky Harris and Michael McGilicutty were not members of the original Nexus and were added by Barrett arbitrarily. Otunga has been rebellious so it doesn't surprise me he stays with Punk's Nexus. Nevertheless, this Nexus on Smackdown is the true Nexus.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
I have a feeling Ziggler could turn baby face somewhere down the line. Not sure if he was just out of character tonight on NXT but I got that feeling from his laughing and small talk he was having with Daniel Bryan during the rookie challenge segment. As far as who they'll feud with goes I'm not really sure. Obviously Barret and Ezekiel will take turns feuding with Big Show while I see the group more focused around Barrett. Ezekiel might fall into the category of being dominant but not having that big of a role. Eventually I see Ezekiel turning on Barrett after Wrestlemania or feuding with soembody high up on the card like Edge. I also don't see either forms of Nexus existing past the draft after Wrestlemania but I could be very wrong.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Heh, I knew it, then again, I think everyone saw it coming. I'm sorry, but CM Punk just doesn't make for a good Nexus leader, not when you put your members through what they went through on RAW this week. Won't be long til his new "straight edge" group falls apart on him I'm sure.

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
Problems? Gabriel should be face, and so should Jackson (although to a lesser extent).

Both guys don't need the Nexus AT ALL, Gabriel is a natural ring athlete and could get over on that alone and as far as I'm concerned Jackson would do just fine on his own heel or face.

Skip Sheffield needs to come back as a face and go against Nexus, they need to finally use this group to elevate faces, rather than consistently being dominant and losing to John Cena.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I don't mind the new group, i'm relieved Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater joining Barrett's Nexus because i was disappointed with how they got kicked out from Punk's Nexus last monday, i mean, Gabriel is arguably one of the most talented guys in the roster and he got kicked out without any proper storyline or build up at all? No one would care if he goes solo right now because they don't give us a reason to care so i'm glad he joins forces with Barrett again so he can stay relevant. Oh, and i gotta chuckle that they added Zeke to the group, this just tells you that the SD creatives have no fucking clue what to do with him so they randomly add him to Barrett's group. Overall, the group looks badass, this here what you call domination. ;)

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I wanted Tarver and Sheffield to join Barret, but this may be just as good or even better, great news :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a funny feeling this is part of a bigger plan of Nexus taking over the WWE like CM Punk said. Punk runs Nexus on Raw & Barrett run Nexus on Smackdown, they eventually reveal they were always together.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I have a funny feeling this is part of a bigger plan of Nexus taking over the WWE like CM Punk said. Punk runs Nexus on Raw & Barrett run Nexus on Smackdown, they eventually reveal they were always together.
I thought the same thing and think it would actually tie the whole angle together nicely. Nexus was never part of the SD roster so it didn't really mean a whole lot when they showed up but now that it appears they will be part of the show they can really establish dominance. Also, it's nice to see Zeke as a heel again. He's just too damn big and intimidating to be a happy go lucky face. Hopefully he'll lose those odd-looking red trunks now too.

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
This looks interesting. The addition of Zeke to the SD Nexus (which seems to be the unofficial name of this new group) fills the void left by sheffield, that is, he provides a threatening, intimidating presence within the group. Looking forward to how this pans out.

Tarver and Sheffield. Well, depending on if Sheffield is ready to go, he'll go back to Punks Nexus to be the powerhouse in his group. Then Tarver needs to join Barrett on SD to even the teams out, but I'm not sure that would make sense, seeing as how Barrett more or less threw Tarver out of the group.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
What part of 'Wade Barrett kicked Skip and Tarver out of Nexus' don't you guys understand? Why would they take the side of the man who beat them down and exiled them from their group? Even creative isn't stupid enough to ignore that.

This looks interesting. The addition of Zeke to the SD Nexus (which seems to be the unofficial name of this new group)
Because it's been used...what? Twice? By people in this thread.

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
What part of 'Wade Barrett kicked Skip and Tarver out of Nexus' don't you guys understand? Why would they take the side of the man who beat them down and exiled them from their group? Even creative isn't stupid enough to ignore that.

Because it's been used...what? Twice? By people in this thread.
Number one, Barrett didn't kick Skip out, he said he lost him to injury but he never threw him out. As for tarver, I already noted the improbability of him joining barrett.

Number two, Barrett never beat down Skip, or Tarver. Cena beat up tarver. Seems like you don't pay attention to your favorite group.

Number three what the fuck is up your ass? why are you being such an uptight bitch? relax, buddy.

·
Registered
224 Posts
*SPOILER* IM CALLING IT RIGHT NOW!

Last night on Smackdown a new faction was formed made including Wade Barrett and other members of the old Nexus, now at WM I bet any money now that both nexuses will have a tag match to decided which one survives :) thoughts on this or possible other directions....

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Re: IM CALLING IT RIGHT NOW!

I think you should put a spoiler tag in the title because Smackdown hasn't aired yet. Oh, and i think it's too soon to predict where this angle will be going, each group could have their own feud with other superstars for all we know.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts