Votes: 19 13.3%
  • Job Him The Fuck Out

Votes: 23 16.1%
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll admit i don't like barrett and i do think he is indeed overrated on here but i do see something in him now do i think he's talented enough for me to enjoy him? Hell no but maybe just maybe with some sort of gimmick change i can see him being the main heel on smackdown.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
He's hardly overrated, most people either barely remember he's employed or don't like him.

It was reported a while back that they were repackaging him, but he didn't look any different in the pictures of the Mexico tour.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Not every superstar that doesn't get over instantly needs to change their gimmick. Barrett was working really well just before he left for whatever reason (I thought it was VISA problems but he has been gone for a LONG time).

His simple bruiser gimmick, or his lack of a gimmick would be a more fitting description, was working alright. He just needs the opportunity to pull some proper promos in a proper feud with a proper star.

Barrett has had a lot of matches with top talent in the last year but he hasn't actually had a legitimate feud since The Miz - which is fairly insulting to a guy like him. Great look, tall, capable in the ring and on the microphone, unique talent.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I didn't watch WWE during the Nexus angle, which is supposed to be his best work, so obviously I´ve never seen anything special from him, maybe if they repackage him, but that should be his last chance

·
Still the GOAT
4,787 Posts
Release would do two things:

1) It would get him off of my TV permanently
2) It would stop giving his fans misplaced hope that Vince would ever push him.

It works for Barrett haters & Barrett lovers, rather than him being there just to make his fans suffer, which has been happening ever since Nexus ended.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I think Drew needs repackaging..... oh.... you said Wade.... Don't care too much. He's kind of like Edge, he's tall but doesn't really have the look. Not particularly intimidating.

EDIT - If anything just have him return and push him as he is. If it fails it fails, if it works it works.

·
Butter My Arse
12,765 Posts
Not sure where the 'another' bit is coming from...Wade Barrett hasn't been repackaged once since joining with the Nexus back in 2010. He's had the same generic look all the while (and no, growing a beard is not being repackaged for GAWD SAKES :jr ).

Get him out there in jeans or long tights (like Bradshaw in the APA) and give him a FOCKIN MANCHESTER OOLIGAN RIGHT LAD gimmick.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Why isn't giving him a proper fucking push an option? Take the Fight Club gimmick he had when returned, amp it up a bit, actually stick with it, give him a storyline and call it good. Don't pull this "Open for business" shit one week and forget about it, don't give him a bare-knuckle brawler gimmick and then change it to "British guy," don't mention an IC Tournament and then drop it the next week, don't make him IC champion and have him lose every single week, don't have him get humiliated in every segment he's involved in, and don't have him feud with a guy half his size that wasn't even on the main roster.

·
Ho!
19,009 Posts
Why isn't giving him a proper fucking push an option? Take the Fight Club gimmick he had when returned, amp it up a bit, actually stick with it, give him a storyline and call it good. Don't pull this "Open for business" shit one week and forget about it, don't give him a bare-knuckle brawler gimmick and then change it to "British guy," don't mention an IC Tournament and then drop it the next week, don't make him IC champion and have him lose every single week, don't have him get humiliated in every segment he's involved in, and don't have him feud with a guy half his size that wasn't even on the main roster.
THIS x100000000

Only thing he's done the past couple of months is main event the JBL and Cole with #BadNewsBarrett

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I really don't understand the Barrett haters on here. He's not my favourite wrestler on the roster but he's at the very least a decent talent. Maybe it's just because I'm British so I get the dry humour he plays. Anyone care to explain why they hate him?

·
ѪѺѪ
1,234 Posts
I agree, give him that role that he was being hyped in with those promo packages when he was returning last and have him be basically a one man APA guy who gets hired to take out anyone once he gets paid by whomever wants him to do their dirty work. If it doesn't get over then let the guy go so he can go elsewhere and have the liberty to get over elsewhere without constant ups & downs and never giving him a chance to shine.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts