Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

i was wondering if you guys think Wade Barret will win a major championship in the near future or do you think he will keep getting close and just missing out on the final post. Like the three wwe title shots he had against randy orton and how close he came to winning them or the Royal rumble match and how close he came to winning that match. do you guys think thats wwe's way of testing him for the future to see if he can hold his own or do you continue to think he will get unlucky.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
He'll probably win the world title later this year. If he doesn't, then WWE has seriously screwed up.....which is not a new thing for them, sadly.

He's being booked pretty well for a wrestler who hasn't become world champion, though, so it's likely. He's certainly a bigger, better, more entertaining, more credible heel than that Ziggler idiot, so he should be next in line after Del Rio loses the world title to whatever face he drops the title to.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
It's a pretty safe bet that he'll be a World Champion of sorts by the end of the year, and no bad thing either. Like Pyro said if he isn't, there's something badly wrong, because he and Del Rio are already 2 of the best heels in the company.

·
Really?
184 Posts
I think the WWE was testing him out and Wade Barrett certainly passed that test, he was one of the top heels of 2010 and in my opinion was the reason the original Nexus was such a good storyline. It's surely only a matter of time before he wins a world title, especially seeing as he is on Smackdown now.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
He definitely will win the world title at some point this year, it's just a matter of time. But i'd also like to point out that i'm pretty sure not only him who will win a championship because The Corre members are supposed to be equals, all the Corre members will most likely win championships at the same time, i can see Gabriel/Slater becoming tag champions and Big Zeke becoming Intercontinental champion at some point while Wade is the world champion, i think that would be cool if it does happen.

·
Registered
317 Posts
He definitely will win the world title at some point this year, it's just a matter of time. But i'd also like to point out that i'm pretty sure not only him who will win a championship because The Corre members are supposed to be equals, all the Corre members will most likely win championships at the same time, i can see Gabriel/Slater becoming tag champions and Big Zeke becoming Intercontinental champion at some point while Wade is the world champion, i think that would be cool if it does happen.
That would be interesting, and actually it would be quite credible as well.
Wade is definitely WHC material in the way he was booked - he would have pinned Orton last year for the WWE title were it not for Cena's interference. Gabriel and Slater have been winning matches against current tag team title holders Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov. Moreover, they seem reasonably solid as a team. Zeke has gone from getting squash matches to repeatedly body slamming Big Show week after week. Given the dominant way in which Show was booked over the past year, this speaks volumes for where they are headed with Zeke.

But back to Barrett, I hope they put the belt on him by the end of the year, or else he will start to lose credibility as one of the company's biggest heels.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
he will get the strap sometime this year, it would probably be after wrestlemania since all the world title storylines are already set from here to mania

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
i think Raw was his try out in the Main Event Scene to which he definitely passed he will likely be involved with either the Undertaker or the WHC match at WrestleMania Ive see several articles on the net that have said WWE is very high on him and Vince wants to push him all the way to the top he also stated in an interview recently that he wants to Wrestle into his forties with the WWE so hes committed to the business to .

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
He'll probably win the world title later this year. If he doesn't, then WWE has seriously screwed up.....which is not a new thing for them, sadly.

He's being booked pretty well for a wrestler who hasn't become world champion, though, so it's likely. He's certainly a bigger, better, more entertaining, more credible heel than that Ziggler idiot, so he should be next in line after Del Rio loses the world title to whatever face he drops the title to.
If Wade doesn't win the title as soon as you said I doubt that would kill his career or anything. Not winning it would only have him booked as an Eddie Guerrero, Benoit or Bryan, who will inevitably be a champ one day. WWE is probably higher on Wade then Sheamus or Miz for being a long-term star.

His time will come. Wade Barrett will not be a Swagger or Sheamus or Jeff Hardy, he will be a multi-time champ for many years to come.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
If Wade doesn't win the title as soon as you said I doubt that would kill his career or anything. Not winning it would only have him booked as an Eddie Guerrero, Benoit or Bryan, who will inevitably be a champ one day. WWE is probably higher on Wade then Sheamus or Miz for being a long-term star.

His time will come. Wade Barrett will not be a Swagger or Sheamus or Jeff Hardy, he will be a multi-time champ for many years to come.
Why in the fuck, exactly would I want him booked like an Eddie, Benoit or Bryan? Eddie and Benoit only got 1 reign towards the end of their career as a thank you, and Bryan is probably headed down that same path, if he's lucky enough to win. There's nothing good about that kind of title run.

I'd rather he be booked like Sheamus or Jeff Hardy considering Sheamus is going to win the belt multiple times and Jeff was a 3 time world champion in the stretch of half a year. If he hadn't left, he'd probably be at 6 or 7 by now. It's funny how you mention Barrett being a multi time champion, but your examples are backwards.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Why rush? They are focusing on Miz and Del Rio right now. As long as he gets consistent booking that doesn't job him out then he will be fine when they decide to go forward with him. He just needs to hope and pray they don't do with him what they have done to Seamus. It really is fucking ridiculous how they have booked him. fpalm

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Don't see him winning it for a while. I think Del Rio is taking it off of Edge, and I doubt Barrett will be facing Del Rio unless one of them turns face. I could be wrong though. Del Rio could lose at Mania and Barrett could be the one to take it off Edge.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I would rather see him win the US Title first. Have him keep competing in non-title feuds that get him over and give him a world title match every now and then. but I would rather them build up him a little slower, then have him win the title in 2012

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Why in the fuck, exactly would I want him booked like an Eddie, Benoit or Bryan? Eddie and Benoit only got 1 reign towards the end of their career as a thank you, and Bryan is probably headed down that same path, if he's lucky enough to win. There's nothing good about that kind of title run.
You cant really say that because it looked like Eddie was going to win the title off Batista before he died and Benoit was suppose to win the ECW title, back when it meant something, but then he died.

It's not like WWE knew both men were going to die so they said "give them both a title now, before they die or kill themselves."

·
2,775 Posts
I believe Wade will be a World Champion soon, but at the moment as previously said, WWE are focusing on Del Rio and The Miz. I think with Barrett being on SmackDown, he has a much better chance of becoming World Champion, and I can see it happening later in the Year. That is, unless Del Rio gets a huge run as Champion, which I wouldn't mind at all either.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
You cant really say that because it looked like Eddie was going to win the title off Batista before he diedand Benoit was suppose to win the ECW title, back when it meant something, but then he died.

It's not like WWE knew both men were going to die so they said "give them both a title now, before they die or kill themselves."
Aka never.

Fine, I'll give you Eddie even though he specifically declined being champion again because he couldn't handle the pressure. Benoit, however, once he got his title reign, that was it for him. He went right back down to the midcard. I don't particularly mind since Benoit doesn't belong in the main event anyway, he should be in the middle of the card putting on the best matches in the company with Finlay like he did in 06. Regardless, though, my point is, waiting, and waiting, and waiting is wrong for a talent like Barrett. He needs to be a world champion fast, not slowly. They shouldn't have any resistance to making him far and away the top heel in the company.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
he'll be champion no doubt. and i'm praying Drew McIntyre will win the title too. Hes the Chosen One. So he has to- :flip

1 - 20 of 49 Posts