Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a random thought. To cut a long story short:

Sure Barrett said "The Corre" was about four equals, but perhaps after he eventually wins the championship he goes back on his word and becomes power hungry again resulting in a clash between him and big Zeke...thoughts?

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Of course they will ultimately explode.

But it will indeed make Wade stupid. He can't say "I know why the 1st group failed" and then do the exact same thing with the 2nd one...

I hope for something else, but this is how it will probably end.

Oh, and the match will be HORRIBLE.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
That's not a factor at all. Batista was ABHORRENT when he was pushed to the moon. This just won't repeat with Wade and Zeke because Vince won't allow a black guy to main event in his company. With the exception of giving one reign that he was forced into giving because the guy who was supposed to win the belt had to retire due to a back injury, to a black guy who was already made a 5 time WHC in another mainstream promotion.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
^ Prior to his sixth World Title reign, Booker did actually win 2 more World Titles under the WWE Banner, he won the WCW Championship on the last Nitro where Shane bought WCW(so it's technically WWE) and then he won the WCW Title for the 5th time on Raw.

So he's actually a 3-time World Champion under the WWE Banner.

Anyway, I like Zeke and he definitely has some charisma and I feel that he's more likeable as a face than he is hateable as a heel, I don't know why, but he really seems like a nice guy and he can be decent at the mic too.

As for the Barrett/Jackson mirroring Trips and Batista, I doubt it'll happen but I don't think I'll be surprised if it goes down that road either.

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
That's not a factor at all. Batista was ABHORRENT when he was pushed to the moon. This just won't repeat with Wade and Zeke because Vince won't allow a black guy to main event in his company. With the exception of giving one reign that he was forced into giving because the guy who was supposed to win the belt had to retire due to a back injury, to a black guy who was already made a 5 time WHC in another mainstream promotion.
Blame HHH for Batista, and there not being many black wrestlers good enough to ME for Booker being the only black top champion.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
^ Prior to his sixth World Title reign, Booker did actually win 2 more World Titles under the WWE Banner, he won the WCW Championship on the last Nitro where Shane bought WCW(so it's technically WWE) and then he won the WCW Title for the 5th time on Raw.

So he's actually a 3-time World Champion under the WWE Banner.
You're seriously counting the final Nitro? Come on. Yeah, it might have been WWE booking, but they only did it to go out with a title change.

He has those title reigns, but that was when he was still WCW Booker, in the Alliance and all that shit. He was treated like a WCW guy. Once he came to the WWE roster officially and was treated as one of their guys, he got fuck all.

Blame HHH for Batista, and there not being many black wrestlers good enough to ME for Booker being the only black top champion.
Oh, I assure you, I do.

You're right, there's not many black wrestlers capable of main eventing, but it still doesn't mean there haven't been any. If Kofi was white, he would DEFINATELY have been a world champion by now, judging on how over he is and how the business operates today with throwing the title on people. It's an absolute certainty.

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
You're seriously counting the final Nitro? Come on. Yeah, it might have been WWE booking, but they only did it to go out with a title change.

He has those title reigns, but that was when he was still WCW Booker, in the Alliance and all that shit. He was treated like a WCW guy. Once he came to the WWE roster officially and was treated as one of their guys, he got fuck all.
Irrelevent, he was still under the control of the WWE Bookers.

Oh, I assure you, I do.

You're right, there's not many black wrestlers capable of main eventing, but it still doesn't mean there haven't been any. If Kofi was white, he would DEFINATELY have been a world champion by now, judging on how over he is and how the business operates today with throwing the title on people. It's an absolute certainty.
Perhaps. But his time will come, and it's likely that Kofi hasn't been in the right place at the right time. At MITB, Kane had to win for the 'Taker storyline. At the Rumble the Number 1 Contender had to be a heel (eliminating Kofi from contention). Before then, he wasn't credible and had his "disagreement" with Orton. His time will come, but it simply hasn't yet.

·
I'm a Christian
709 Posts
Big Zeke will be the one to turn on Barrett, they will edge it out weekly with Zeke growing more and more annoyed with Barrett until he exoldes, yeah pretty much like Batista and HHH.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Yes, I'm seriously counting the Final Nitro. He may have won it on WCW but he enjoyed his reign on the WWF, he defended it on WWF, lost it on WWF, won it back again on WWF, and headlined a PPV as the defending World Champion.

So yeah, counting the WHC, he's a 3-time World Champion under the WWE umbrella.

PS: Sorry OP, for the thread hijacking.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.