Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have WWE ruined Barrett already?
I mean, if ANYONE should have won the WWE title in their first run, it should have been him. First NXT winner winning the title would have catapulted that show into actually meaning something, and especially with the huge debut on Raw and gaining huge heat. It was the angle of the year. It makes him look weak coming off such a huge angle with a big heel stable and not ever actually winning the title. They should have let Nexus capture all the raw titles at the same time before losing them all and dis-banding them in the process.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Not winning the title makes him look weak? It really doesn't. This storyline made the world know he's a force to be reckoned with. He also had a long storyline with Cena getting the upper hand the majority of the time. Plus, everyone losses to Cena so that was expected to happen.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
What do you people want? I hear the majority of you complaining about how the WWE give guys world title reigns without building them up like a Sheamus or Swagger or CM Punk during his 1st reign but when it's a wrestler that they like all of a sudden they think should win a world title ASAP. Barrett's career is still young, as much as I hate it, he's more than likely gonna become a world champion this year, if not, then there's no hope for Barrett.

Not winning the title makes him look weak? It really doesn't. This storyline made the world know he's a force to be reckoned with. He also had a long storyline with Cena getting the upper hand the majority of the time. Plus, everyone losses to Cena so that was expected to happen.
I'll agree that not winning the title didn't make him look weak.

But as for the part where the storyline made the world know he's a force to be reckoned with? Hell no. The storyline made Wade Barrett look like a guy who could only beat up guys like Cena & Orton with help from his lackeys and that when he got them in the ring alone, they whipped his ass, in which the TLC match was a perfect example. It never portrayed Barrett as a dominant force.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
The OP is an absolute idiot. How in the hell has Wade Barrett been ruined? He's been made into a rock solid main eventer in the space of 6 months. WWE could announce tomorrow that he's main eventing Wrestlemania for the WWE title and no one would question it.

It seems most retards will only accept newcomers to the roster if they're booked like Goldberg for the first 24 months of their career.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I thought storyline wise it would have made sense for him to win the belt, but i don't think they've ruined him.

Look at his cage match where punk screwed him, before he got screwed, he was about to beat sheamus and orton in a cage match. He's been made to look like a threat.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
I thought storyline wise it would have made sense for him to win the belt, but i don't think they've ruined him.

Look at his cage match where punk screwed him, before he got screwed, he was about to beat sheamus and orton in a cage match. He's been made to look like a threat.
Exactly this. While putting the title on Barrett would have made sense in the progression of the Nexus storyline, Barrett has not been ruined in the slightest by not gettingt he belt. If anything, this move to Smackdown has all the lookings of making him an even bigger threat than he was as the leader of the Nexus. WWE obviously has big things in mind for him, with good reason, and I don't see how anyone could think he has been ruined in anyway.

Ladies and Gentlemen, sit back and get use to it, because this has only been the beginning of Barrett becoming one of the top guys in WWE moving forward.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
if anything this will shut up the people who say he would have had a belt too early (like sheamus). when he becomes world heavyweight champion at least they can't use that excuse. he is going to be the first british wwe world heavyweight champion soon...

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
So you're mad because WWE didn't just hand him the WWE title on a silver platter. Some people......

If there's one thing we took away from 2009 and 2010 is that rushed title reigns turn out to do more bad than good.

Look at Sheamus, outside of the WWE no one could give a crap about this guy. Why? Well let's see.

2 time WWE champion yet somehow he loses to John Moirrisson from a simple kick to the head. Oh wait it was a parkour kick! No but seriously, Sheamus is currently playing the role he was supposed to be playing for the past 2 years. But instead he's now playing it long after he won the WWE title...twice.

So a guy who was 2 time WWE champ, is now chasing down the US title? Oh well not my fault WWE finally realized after 2 squandered WWE title reigns the guy is still green.

Then we have Jack Swagger. Boy did they mess up or what? The guy was practically a jobber the week before WM yet somehow wins the MITB, cashes it in 5 nights later and yet no one even recalls him being World Champ. Now fast forward a couple months later and he's prancing about with a mascot and having amateur matches with Kofi Kingston and basically going nowhere. Well WWE is trying to make the guy relevant again, but the damage has been done.

See the thing is when you have midcard guys out of nowhere winning the world titles you got to keep the momentum going. But it's hard to do because at the ed of the day they're still midcard guys and are eventually going to lose to the actual main eventers. So now WWE has no other option but to put them in their rightful role. But like I said the damage has been done and no one is gonna buy into it.

Wade Barrett is in a good position. He's lost some momentum but he can regain. Right now Sheamus and Swagger are without hope.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
So you're mad because WWE didn't just hand him the WWE title on a silver platter. Some people......

If there's one thing we took away from 2009 and 2010 is that rushed title reigns turn out to do more bad than good.

Look at Sheamus, outside of the WWE no one could give a crap about this guy. Why? Well let's see.

2 time WWE champion yet somehow he loses to John Moirrisson from a simple kick to the head. Oh wait it was a parkour kick! No but seriously, Sheamus is currently playing the role he was supposed to be playing for the past 2 years. But instead he's now playing it long after he won the WWE title...twice.

So a guy who was 2 time WWE champ, is now chasing down the US title? Oh well not my fault WWE finally realized after 2 squandered WWE title reigns the guy is still green.

Then we have Jack Swagger. Boy did they mess up or what? The guy was practically a jobber the week before WM yet somehow wins the MITB, cashes it in 5 nights later and yet no one even recalls him being World Champ. Now fast forward a couple months later and he's prancing about with a mascot and having amateur matches with Kofi Kingston and basically going nowhere. Well WWE is trying to make the guy relevant again, but the damage has been done.

See the thing is when you have midcard guys out of nowhere winning the world titles you got to keep the momentum going. But it's hard to do because at the ed of the day they're still midcard guys and are eventually going to lose to the actual main eventers. So now WWE has no other option but to put them in their rightful role. But like I said the damage has been done and no one is gonna buy into it.

Wade Barrett is in a good position. He's lost some momentum but he can regain. Right now Sheamus and Swagger are without hope.
My brain is confused. No where has Sheamus has been chasing the US title at all recently.

·
I'm a Christian
699 Posts
Wade Barrett along with guys like ADR are the future of this company, both will go on to be multi time champions.

·
Registered
21,665 Posts
Wade Barrett is far from ruined. He's in his first year in the WWE and he's got a solid main event position. I wouldn't be too surprised to see him win the Royal Rumble either.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think Barrett and the nexus could have gone farther, it's a shame that he went to Smackdown and is in that crappy stable now. However I think it's way too early in his career to have a title and I don't think he's actually proven that he should win gold.

·
Banned
420 Posts
I think that whole feud with Cena was pointless. Nexus should've won at Sumerslam, Barrett should've beaten Orton at Survivor Series, and Barrett shouldn't have been completely destroyed by Cena at TLC. Alot of mistakes were made regarding Barrett.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.