Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you think he will be able to keep his top heel status when he's finally on his own without Nexus? You know what, sometimes i wonder when people say "he's only gaining heat because of Cena as his antagonist, let's see when he's on his own without Nexus to help him gain heat", well, that statement is true, but i think Barrett is Nexus, Nexus is nothing without Barrett, he's the one who carries the group, his presence as the leader and his mic work helps the group to get over big time. And yes Cena is his antagonist, so? Isn't that the point, to give Barrett and the group a big rub? And also without Barrett as the focal point of this storyline i doubt this Nexus storyline would work, he's done a great job on making sure the crowds hate him, he could just stand on the ramp and people will boo the hell out of him out of building. To me, this storyline only proves that Barrett is almost ready, he's given the material and he makes it work, i said 'almost' because he still needs more seasoning in the ring, but wrestlers can improve and i'm sure Barrett will. I doubt anyone else in Nexus would have done a better job in Barrett's shoes, so all in all i'm sure he's gonna do well when he's single competitor.

Reactions: METTY

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
With very few exception all of the other Nexus members suck and aren't even worthy of being on the main roster.
Wade Barrett is gonna be fine as a singles competitor, he has great mic skills and a presence and considering in ring ability is pretty much irrelevant he is okay.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
He can talk, but he's not that good in the ring

Good for him the latter does not matter in the WWE, so he should be fine

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
He's gonna be the top heel unless Triple H, Orton or Cena turn. Cena isn't turning for a long time, that's well established. Orton isn't turning because he just turned recently, and with the momentum he has as a face, they won't turn him heel for a few more years. Triple H's career is winding down, and nobody will boo him anyway, so there's not much point in letting him go out as a heel.

That leaves Barrett, Sheamus and Miz. Miz is too small and doesn't have the presence to be the top heel, and Sheamus doesn't have anything that qualifies him to be the top heel, so he's always going to be behind Barrett regardless of how hard he sucks off Triple H.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Who knows its kind of hard to say. It depends on what he is able to do once he is out of the main event scene. Nexxus established him as a top heel, now the question is if he can keep it

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
As it stands he's probably heading down the same path as JBL once he lost his title and stable, ie, he won't be capable of maintaining his position as a top heel purely on his own merits. Luckily for Barrett he's much younger and less beat up that JBL was so there's time for improvement in the ring and he hopefully won't need to take a hiatus from active competiton (although he, like Bradshaw, could have a decent career behind the desk if his time in FCW is any indication)

·
Registered
115 Posts
He's gonna be the top heel unless Triple H, Orton or Cena turn. Cena isn't turning for a long time, that's well established. Orton isn't turning because he just turned recently, and with the momentum he has as a face, they won't turn him heel for a few more years. Triple H's career is winding down, and nobody will boo him anyway, so there's not much point in letting him go out as a heel.

That leaves Barrett, Sheamus and Miz. Miz is too small and doesn't have the presence to be the top heel, and Sheamus doesn't have anything that qualifies him to be the top heel, so he's always going to be behind Barrett regardless of how hard he sucks off Triple H.
:lmao HHH is the one behind Wade's push in the first place, you can't accuse Sheamus of being a suck up without accusing Wade of it too, they're either both sucks or neither of them are, how bloody blinkered can you get? I haven't been here very long but all I ever see you do on here is jizz yourself over Wade and bash Sheamus, why the need to constantly bash him, is it because you perceive him as a potential threat to Wade and you can't stand to see him share the spotlight? Personally I think they are both very talented and don't think either is a suck up, WWE isn't stupid, they aren't going to push a guy just for being friends with HHH, they will only do it if they think its good for business.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
:lmao HHH is the one behind Wade's push in the first place, you can't accuse Sheamus of being a suck up without accusing Wade of it too, they're either both sucks or neither of them are, how bloody blinkered can you get?
Actually, I can. Triple H supporting Barrett is just a rumor with no evidence behind it that came about because Wade got a fast push like Sheamus. Triple H being a supporter of Sheamus is something that came out of Triple H's own mouth, he's never said anything about Barrett that I can find.

I haven't been here very long but all I ever see you do on here is jizz yourself over Wade and bash Sheamus, why the need to constantly bash him, is it because you perceive him as a potential threat to Wade and you can't stand to see him share the spotlight?
Of course it's not why. He's not a threat to Wade, I already said that. He sucks. He has no presence, he commands no attention, his mic skills are bland and mediocre and he looks like a clown from the circus. He's never done anything remotely entertaining to prove why he should be pushed, let alone overpushed like he is.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
[Sheamus has] never done anything remotely entertaining to prove why he should be pushed, let alone overpushed like he is.
Actually I thought that seg with Santino and Kozlov was pretty entertaining. But you know what, Kozlov probably carried Sheamus through that. Kozlov is after all the greatest sports entertainer currently in the business.

Wade will be fine. He's the man. His ring skills leave much to be desired, but there's plenty of room for improvement. Nexus, aside from being a brilliant angle, has one real major purpose: Operation Get Barrett Over.

Mission successful.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Barrett should be WWE's main heel for a good while

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Actually I thought that seg with Santino and Kozlov was pretty entertaining. But you know what, Kozlov probably carried Sheamus through that. Kozlov is after all the greatest sports entertainer currently in the business.

Wade will be fine. He's the man. His ring skills leave much to be desired, but there's plenty of room for improvement. Nexus, aside from being a brilliant angle, has one real major purpose: Operation Get Barrett Over.

Mission successful.
Sheamus' post F4W promo where he teased refusing the WWE title was great too, he had a lot of people convinced if the comments in that weeks' Raw thread are to believed. Pyro appears to have got stuck of Sheamus' initial push being total bullshit (he's right about that btw) and can't get past it. One day that may change but if not, who cares, the rest of us will form our own opinions.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
I actually think it's been proven that Barret is useless to the nexus, judging from those smackdown episodes. Some delinquints beating the fuck out of established main eventers is gold.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Actually, I can. Triple H supporting Barrett is just a rumor with no evidence behind it that came about because Wade got a fast push like Sheamus. Triple H being a supporter of Sheamus is something that came out of Triple H's own mouth, he's never said anything about Barrett that I can find.
There is just as much evidence to support that HHH was behind Wade's push as there was Sheamus, HHH saying he was impressed by Sheamus is hardly proof that he received an undeserved push.

Of course it's not why. He's not a threat to Wade, I already said that. He sucks. He has no presence, he commands no attention, his mic skills are bland and mediocre and he looks like a clown from the circus. He's never done anything remotely entertaining to prove why he should be pushed, let alone overpushed like he is.
Each to their own, I disagree with your evaluation, I think his presence and mic skills are pretty good and his in ring ability is not bad either and has had some pretty good matches(his matches with Morrison possibly the best this year on raw), he is a good all-rounder, I know you't don't rate in ring ability at all but some people actually do.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
There is just as much evidence to support that HHH was behind Wade's push as there was Sheamus, HHH saying he was impressed by Sheamus is hardly proof that he received an undeserved push.
Ummm.....no, there isn't. At all. That's completely wrong. Triple H has not had one single SECOND of air time with Barrett. Barrett has yet to win the WWE title, (even though when he does, it'll mean more than when Sheamus won because he's actually been built up instead of hotshotted the title like Sheamus. But still, if Triple H was so high on him, he'd have been forcefed the same way), and Sheamus got to face Triple H at WrestleMania after less than a YEAR on the roster. He got to put Triple H on the shelf for 8 months, and we all know he's fueding with Triple H again now that he's the King Of The Ring. Most things in Sheamus's career so far have involved Triple H. Meanwhile, Triple H has not alluded to, in any way that he likes Barrett or has had a single thing to do with him so far. And I know he's been injured since Barrett debuted, but the fact that he's done nothing with Barrett should at least leave him free from being accused of being a Triple H pet project for the time being. Frankly, Triple H has not shown an eye for talent that would make me believe that he could pick someone as good as Barrett to get behind. Everybody he handpicks is horrible. Batista, Randy Orton, Sheamus, etc. I'm not led to believe by his track record that he'd recognize a talent like Barrett.

Each to their own, I disagree with your evaluation, I think his presence and mic skills are pretty good and his in ring ability is not bad either and has had some pretty good matches(his matches with Morrison possibly the best this year on raw), he is a good all-rounder, I know you't don't rate in ring ability at all but some people actually do.
No, I don't rate in ring ability, but even if I did, I wouldn't endorse Sheamus. Sheamus has done nothing in the ring, he hasn't had a memorable match the entire time he's been on the roster. He's an ordinary, mediocre, generic power wrestler. He's nowhere near the standard of actual good workers like Bryan or Del Rio or even a worn out Triple H that hasn't been very good since 2001.

·
Registered
9,095 Posts
Wade Barrett is way above just about everyone else on the mic...except Jericho and Punk. He will do fine.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I think MIZ will be a lot more successful as a face - just a vibe, not to say he's not successful now being the world champ but i think his forte maybe being a face - that is an assumption of course.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I would say that he will do just fine, he seems perfectly capable of getting tons of heat without Nexus, and I see him and Justin Gabriel being the only guys who have a career in WWE after the Nexus angle is finished.

He's great on the mic, and say whatever you will about his in-ring ability, he only turned 30 earlier this year, he still has plenty of time for improvement.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Pyro™;9103813 said:
Ummm.....no, there isn't. At all. That's completely wrong. Triple H has not had one single SECOND of air time with Barrett.
You telling someone they're completely wrong is as tedious as the people who end their sentences with 'FACT'.
Pyro™;9103813 said:
Barrett has yet to win the WWE title, (even though when he does, it'll mean more than when Sheamus won because he's actually been built up instead of hotshotted the title like Sheamus. But still, if Triple H was so high on him, he'd have been forcefed the same way),
You actually think Sheamus was more force fed than Barret :confused:, he may not have got a title yet but he has been pushed a lot harder imo, the nexus angle has completely monopolized raw's airtime.

Pyro™;9103813 said:
and Sheamus got to face Triple H at WrestleMania after less than a YEAR on the roster.
Which he lost.

Pyro™;9103813 said:
He got to put Triple H on the shelf for 8 months, and we all know he's fueding with Triple H again now that he's the King Of The Ring. Most things in Sheamus's career so far have involved Triple H.
Haven't looked up the stats but I'm pretty sure less than 50% of his matches have involved HHH.

Pyro™;9103813 said:
Meanwhile, Triple H has not alluded to, in any way that he likes Barrett or has had a single thing to do with him so far.
Well I'm sold, HHH would only ever announce publicly who he intends to push.

Pyro™;9103813 said:
And I know he's been injured since Barrett debuted, but the fact that he's done nothing with Barrett should at least leave him free from being accused of being a Triple H pet project for the time being.
But its fair game to accuse Sheamus of being a pet project :rolleyes:

Pyro™;9103813 said:
Frankly, Triple H has not shown an eye for talent that would make me believe that he could pick someone as good as Barrett to get behind. Everybody he handpicks is horrible. Batista, Randy Orton, Sheamus, etc. I'm not led to believe by his track record that he'd recognize a talent like Barrett.
Well if thats the case surely he is due, a broken clock right twice a day and all that. Slightly disagree with you on Batista, his face run did bore me but I got to say he has great as a heel in his final few months.

Pyro™;9103813 said:
No, I don't rate in ring ability, but even if I did, I wouldn't endorse Sheamus. Sheamus has done nothing in the ring, he hasn't had a memorable match the entire time he's been on the roster. He's an ordinary, mediocre, generic power wrestler. He's nowhere near the standard of actual good workers like Bryan or Del Rio or even a worn out Triple H that hasn't been very good since 2001.
Definitely disagree with that, I thought his matches with Morrison were great, his matches with Orton were solid.
Never said he was on Bryan or Del Rio level but he is well above Barrett's level thats for sure. I like Barrett but lets be honest, his matches with Orton were painful to watch, he needs someone who is capable of carrying him to have a half decent match.

·
The Man
25,723 Posts
They might try to make him a top heel without Nexus but i dont see how that would work. Eventually he will have to be alone though. His matches are all forgetful really. Gabriel vs Cena and Gabriel vs Orton were better than all of Wade's matches. He is amazing on the mic i'll give him that. One poster said maybe half the guys dont belong on the roster in Nexus. The only ones that probably didnt are out now. Everyone in Nexus now has some kind of character or trait that makes them different.Wade needs that aura of nexus to back him up to be a big time heel. cuz alone honestly we could see Orton, Sheamus, Cena, HHH beat him convincinly

1 - 20 of 48 Posts