Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone else thinks, or would like to see, Barrett become a face when Nexus inevitably ends. I'm split on this myself, I think he is one of the best heels in recent memory but in terms of Raw as a brand, I would much rather see the main heels being Orton and HHH. I think for Barrett to stay in contention at the top, a face change could be the best option for him, as much as I like his current work.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about discussing this another, more relevant time?
I see your point but, I personally believe, contrary to popular demand that Nexus could end sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
No, please, never. Barret is as natural as heels come. Everything about him screams snobbish asshole.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I think he has potential as a face...

Though it seems he's better as a heel. There's just something douche bag-ish about him.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
I don't think Wade Barrett's ever going to be a face hell I see Sheamus going face at some point in his career before I'd ever see Barrett.

·
Trump and Macron will Rule the World
3,313 Posts
I think he has potential as a face...

Though it seems he's better as a heel. There's just something douche bag-ish about him.
I don't see any potential as a face at all in that picture. He has the look of a heel, the voice of a heel and the move set of a heel.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Barrett is a natural born heel. Someone in the Raw thread last Monday remarked that he was like a Bond villain, which I think is a marvelous analogy. I'm sure he could play a good face, because he's immensely talented; but he's just so perfectly crafted to play the heel role, it'd be a waste to have him doing anything else. I think he's similar to Triple H in that regard.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I don't know what the're going to do with Barrett after Nexus. One way or another, he's going to have to change. I could see him as a serious face with his brawler gimmick. But I'd rather Sheamus or Miz turn.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
Of course he could play a face. All he has to do is to do is change the wording of his promos, praise people and not act like a ..... Hardly rocket science and the turn is inevitable. It's not happening any time soon (well, he'll be a face in England, but that doesn't count), but it will happen eventually. Everybody these days turns eventually. It's too hard to keep people hating you for your entire career in this day and age.

To my knowledge though, I don't think he's ever played a babyface. Maybe in the UK, but even then in all his pre-OVW youtube footage he was a heel, as is all his post-OVW footage.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts