Wrestling Forum banner

Wade Barrett and Drew McIntyre (spoilers I guess)

6532 59
I can’t believe I’m saying this but I was very impressed with Drew McIntyre.

I never connected with Drew at all until his storyline with Kelly Kelly started to pick up and he started to show some personality and attitude for a change. This kid is really warming up to me and his performance at the Elimination Chamber definitely got me becoming a small fan of his. I’ve never doubted his decent in-ring ability but I still would like to have something variety about him (more) to have me actually care about him and tonight proved it with this unlimited aggression he had tonight. McIntyre needs to get back on a true push again and have this kind of attitude to make it further to the top. If any young stars needs a push right now on Smackdown who is completely ready for it, it’s him. I’m glad they didn’t rush his push like they did with Sheamus cause there a lot of more things he needed to improve and I honestly believe he is finally ready. He is not so damn boring anymore cause he finally showing some personality, attitude and character.

For Wade Barrett….all I can say for him is… What the fuck has happened to this guy? It’s like he is yesterday’s news, he was once the Top Heel of the WWE last year now he is on Smackdown and not even the main villain of the show anymore. He is slowly heading to the direction of MVP and Kennedy of the ball being dropped but unlike Wade they kept getting popular while Wade is getting less and less reactions each night. Big Show easily taking him out didn’t help either at the Elimination Chamber.

Anyway what are your thoughts on both Wade and Drew performance at the Elimination Chamber?
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

· Premium Member
825 Posts
Drew was awesome. I'm glad there pushing him. I can see him winning MITB after his performance tonight. Yes he was eliminated after a little bit but he was more productive then I thought he would be.

· Banned
10,616 Posts
Drew looked impressive. He even got a chant from the crowd. He's still pretty boring but he's great in the ring.

· Registered
57 Posts
Drew was the most impressive wrestler in the SD chamber match early on, but they dismissed him and Show rather prematurely by having Kane choke slam the shit out of everyone.

I was hoping to see Drew and Edge finish the match considering the (small) dynamic between the two, or at least keep him in longer.

I like Barrett as well, but they need to give him a different gimmick from Nexus/Corre gang-rapist who needs help assaulting individual faces. The Corre needs a makeover entirely, really. We don't need two Nexus.

· Registered
868 Posts
Drew was awesome. I'm glad there pushing him. I can see him winning MITB after his performance tonight. Yes he was eliminated after a little bit but he was more productive then I thought he would be.
Agree
Disagree
Disagree
Agree

He is Awesome
They are not/will not push him
He won't win MITB this year
He is Awesome

I have been a Mac fan since his debut, but I believe hes destined to live his life in the midcard or on TNA... :\

· Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
13,078 Posts
You beat me to making a Drew McIntyre thread.

The first thing that came to mind tonight was that I never, ever thought I would thank Drew McIntyre for saving an Edge promo. That just boggles the mind. But sure enough, here comes Edge with a pretty poor promo, and McIntyre walks into the frame and delivers a pretty good performance before Edge gets one last facepalm-worthy insult in. With Edge being one of my favorites of all time, it really is sucking to see how far he's fallen, but good on McIntyre for taking advantage of it.

That said, when McIntyre walked into the Chamber tonight, and was displaying all this personality and intensity, I started to get a feeling that for some reason, McIntyre was going to shine tonight.

And then he entered.

I was massively impressed with McIntyre's performance tonight. For everything bad I've said about him, I could not find any flaws whatsoever in him tonight. I haven't been able to watch SmackDown!, so maybe this has been developing; I don't know. But what I saw tonight was well and truly, in my opinion, the most impressive performance of the SmackDown! Chamber match. And delivering a better promo than Edge? That certainly helps his case.

I want to say more; I really do. But McIntyre has left me nearly speechless. I just can't believe how awesome he was tonight.

· Recognize
21,327 Posts
McIntyre was worth watching tonight, definitely. Put in a great performance and I loved the intensity he brought. He was legit going badass. I'm liking this whole thing with Kelly too and am actually interested in where it goes. I'd like to see them continue with this angle and give him the chance to shine on occasions like tonight while steadily building up his credibility. He's young. No need to rush anything with him.

As for Barrett, well, I hate to say I told you so but I did. Way back when everybody was creaming themselves over him and for whatever reason, directing hate towards Seamus, I specifically remember saying that as soon as the Nexus storyline was over Barrett would find himself without his mega push and fall down the card because WWE are incapable of being consistent with anything. And just look at what has happened. I don't mind Barrett. Mic wise he has it down. Character and ring wise he absolutely doesn't. Maybe they are letting him develop some more before giving him another shot?

· Registered
868 Posts
Barrett should have won the WWE Title when he was dominating RAW. Now he's downhill. No reaction when he came out, and he was the first out of there tonight.

Drew was class tonight.
Barrett was not ready and I believe he still isn't there yet...

He needs a decent singles rivalry to get him going before he should challenge

· Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,092 Posts
You beat me to making a Drew McIntyre thread.

The first thing that came to mind tonight was that I never, ever thought I would thank Drew McIntyre for saving an Edge promo. That just boggles the mind. But sure enough, here comes Edge with a pretty poor promo, and McIntyre walks into the frame and delivers a pretty good performance before Edge gets one last facepalm-worthy insult in. With Edge being one of my favorites of all time, it really is sucking to see how far he's fallen, but good on McIntyre for taking advantage of it.

That said, when McIntyre walked into the Chamber tonight, and was displaying all this personality and intensity, I started to get a feeling that for some reason, McIntyre was going to shine tonight.

And then he entered.

I was massively impressed with McIntyre's performance tonight. For everything bad I've said about him, I could not find any flaws whatsoever in him tonight. I haven't been able to watch SmackDown!, so maybe this has been developing; I don't know. But what I saw tonight was well and truly, in my opinion, the most impressive performance of the SmackDown! Chamber match. And delivering a better promo than Edge? That certainly helps his case.

I want to say more; I really do. But McIntyre has left me nearly speechless. I just can't believe how awesome he was tonight.
Yeah, he's been picking up steam for a while now. He had a great series of matches with Trent Baretta, and a nifty little 5 minute match with Masters - doesn't sound like much, but it sort of pushed Drew into working a faster pace here and there, using a wider arsenal, and breaking out some great counters (backslide reversed into a Future Shock DDT, for example.)

Tonight was a whole other level, though. I kind of thought he'd shine in a match like this - he's always been one for using everything around him as a weapon. I read on that Creative Recall blog (I think) that he'd always go down to the ring before an event and look at new ways he could use the environment for a spot.

· Premium Member
825 Posts
Agree
Disagree
Disagree
Agree

He is Awesome
They are not/will not push him
He won't win MITB this year
He is Awesome

I have been a Mac fan since his debut, but I believe hes destined to live his life in the midcard or on TNA... :\
I hope not!! I think he can get to upper mid card. And I guess I'm being hopeful for MITB lol

· Registered
1,426 Posts
Drew was AMAZING tonight! I was marking out for him EVERY second he was on the screen, from his segment with Edge, to his walk to the ring, to his headbutt on the glass at Barrett, to his actual Chamber performance. I just wish he had been in there longer!!

Screw Barrett, never liked him.

· Registered
1,604 Posts
I can’t believe I’m saying this but I was very impressed with Drew McIntyre.

I never connected with Drew at all until his storyline with Kelly Kelly started to pick up and he started to show some personally and attitude for a change. This kid is really warming up to me and his performance at the Elimination Chamber definitely got me becoming a small fan of his. I’ve never doubted his decent in-ring ability but I still would like to have something variety about him (more) to have me actually care about him and tonight proved it with this unlimited aggression he had tonight. McIntyre needs to get back on a true push again and have this kind of attitude to make it further to the top. If any young stars needs a push right now on Smackdown who is completely ready for it, it’s him. I’m glad they didn’t rush his push like they did with Sheamus cause there a lot of more things he needed to improve and I honestly believe he is finally ready. He is not so damn boring anymore cause he finally showing some personally, attitude and character.

For Wade Barrett….all I can say for him is… What the fuck has happened to this guy? It’s like he is yesterday’s news, he was once the Top Heel of the WWE last year now he is on Smackdown and not even the main villain of the show anymore. He is slowly heading to the direction of MVP and Kennedy of the ball being dropped but unlike Wade they kept getting popular while Wade is getting less and less reactions each night. Big Show easily taking him out didn’t help either at the Elimination Chamber.

Anyway what are your thoughts on both Wade and Drew performance at the Elimination Chamber?
the problem Barrett has at the moment is there pushing Del Rio to the moon right now so he is left waiting for a real chance so in the mean time he is feuding with the big fat career destroying show .

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Couldn't care less about Mcintyre, but they've really fucked over Barrett. If last night was any indication, and of course in WWE it probably isn't, then he'll never get a world title. He proved he could be the top heel in wrestling, so I don't know what the fuck else they want from him, but horrible booking. Horrible to the highest degree. They couldn't just let him go out, they always have to humiliate all the guys who show promise.

· Registered
3,455 Posts
Barrett is ready, he has better mic skills and more successfully portrays his character than most of the current maineventers

Reactions: DX-HHH-XD

· Registered
1,604 Posts
Barrett is ready, he has better mic skills and more successfully portrays his character than most of the current maineventers
like i said with Del Rio getting pushed right now he easily has to wait they need more faces on Smackdown because it kills me to see him wast his time feuding with Big Show while he waits .

· Recognize
21,327 Posts
Couldn't care less about Mcintyre, but they've really fucked over Barrett. If last night was any indication, and of course in WWE it probably isn't, then he'll never get a world title. He proved he could be the top heel in wrestling, so I don't know what the fuck else they want from him, but horrible booking. Horrible to the highest degree. They couldn't just let him go out, they always have to humiliate all the guys who show promise.
I seem to remember saying something along these lines to you over and over and over again last year but I guess you were too busy basking in your marking to see sense. Now that is has worn off though, care to admit how very right I was? :p

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.