Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or does he still need alot of work.. I mean he can talk the part and look the part.. But his in the ring work still needs some touch up.. I like Barret and the whole youth movement but Barret right now just don't do it for me...

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Talking the part and looking the part is all that matters, ring work means nothing. He's a much needed improvement over the corpse as the top heel and hopefully they'll give him the title, although I suspect they won't because Orton has Vince by the balls.

·
Registered
807 Posts
He is on fire. The heat he was getting tonight was amazing. He is amazing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Heal? Is Barrett medicinal? :p

I think he's shaping up to be a great heal, the young PG audience hates him and the rest of Nexus.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Barrett is greater than every Bond villain put together. The man is fucking epic win as a heel. Frankly, to think otherwise is to like R-Truth.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Sheamus is better. Barrett needs work in the ring, him and Orton have ZERO chemistry together.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Actually, I'm still not convinced that he's the "next big thing" like everyone seems to claim he is. Call it skepticism, but I've seen this before. Let's see what he can do when he's put in a position like Miz and Sheamus, and basically has to keep himself relevant while Vince focuses on other wrestlers.

I fail to see how excelling in a storyline that's been tailor-made to make him look good means that he's a surefire star.

And as for heat.....he's antagonizing Cena. How can he not get heat off of that?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think Barret is a good heal.. I just don't see him being a better heal than Sheamus.. Which his in ring work is getting better... But his finisher... C'mon.. He's a big guy.. He needs something with some impact to really make you believe that whoever he hit with it is out for the count... Something like an F5 or jackhammer... I mean when he used his finisher on the Undertaker it looked very weak... You can do that stuff on people like Evan Bourne who can sell anything and make it look good but when you are Word Champion how is it going to look on Kane, Big Show, Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Triple H.. The people who will actually be competing for it..

·
Banned
417 Posts
His top heal is an AoE, but it also depends on the incoming healing modifier of your targeted ally.

Oh... HEEL.

No.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
His top heal is an AoE, but it also depends on the incoming healing modifier of your targeted ally.
His top heals an AoE? So like , what then hes a druid now? I see hes got into patch 4.0.1 before everyone else , I have yet to see him in tree form.

I think hes been stacking plenty of INT on his gear , cause hes pretttyyyy freakin good :agree:

All part of a much bigger picture? Wade Barretts really a druid? Hmm.... maybe the bigger picture here is to take over all of azeroth!

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
His match with Orton was quite disappointing, but the match was more storyline-driven so they tried not to emphasize much on the match quality and work rate. Maybe next time he will step up his game, to his credit i think Barrett looked great when he was against Cena at HiAC.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Barret is fine, Orton's the problem. Orton's been largely boring in the ring with most of the programs he's been in. Cena, HHH, Legacy, Undertaker. Beyond his entrance music, in-ring spasms, and his finisher, his matches are rest holds, dropkicks, DDTs, and european uppercuts. I like Orton, but he should be a face, let alone the top face (belt wise), nor should he be expected to carry matches.

Wade's first PPV main event was against somebody boring, so it didn't do him any favors. The entire crowd was dead silent during that match at Bragging Rights. I mean, there was a "Fire Cena" chant instead of any kind of chant involving the two in the ring, so that's a problem. The finish was extra stupid as well, so there you go.

·
Banned
1,630 Posts
His match with Orton was quite disappointing, but the match was more storyline-driven so they tried not to emphasize much on the match quality and work rate. Maybe next time he will step up his game, to his credit i think Barrett looked great when he was against Cena at HiAC.
Even Khali had a decent match against Cena.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
How the fuck is Sheamus better than Barrett, Barrett has better mic skills, a MUCH better look, is more charismatic and far more versatile. Could you imagine Sheamus leading the Nexus?

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
He's the top heel for now. He won't be when Nexus breaks up. He'll be A top heel, but not THE top heel. THAT spot is reserved for none other than John Cena himself.

·
Registered
115 Posts
How the fuck is Sheamus better than Barrett, Barrett has better mic skills, a MUCH better look, is more charismatic and far more versatile. Could you imagine Sheamus leading the Nexus?
I could imagine a lot of wrestlers leading Nexus, you get easy heat by humiliating Cena on a regular basis and just repeat the "you're either with us or against us" catchphrase a lot, whats so difficult about it? His mic skills, look and charisma being better than Sheamus is debatable but he definitely is not better in the ring (if thats what you mean by versatile) than Sheamus, I saw Sheamus in FCW and he actually has a very wide variety of moves for a big man in his repertoire including a few high flying moves.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
no. wade barrett is not the top heel on raw...especially with the addition of cm punk to the raw brand now. sheamus is the top heel on raw...then punk....then miz...then maybe barrett. barrett is doing his job. i give him that much...but we all no why barrett looks like such a major heel and why he gets the major heel heat. JOHN CENA. i cant call barrett a top heel until i see him work a program where he doesn't have the two biggest baby faces in the company holding him by the hand. i wana see how much heat he draws without talking down to cena or jumping cena. the crowd doesn;t just boo barrett, they boo the entire group and thats because they are humiliating and working programs with the the two top poster boys of the company. barrett has the look and the mic skills i believe to be a potential top heel, but i have to see what he looks like outside of this storyline. as for the match with orton..wasn't much of barrett's or ortons fault. they have basically the same style..a very slow, methodical type of style. when you have two guys in there like that, the matches seem boring because you dont have anything to counter act the other and balance out the match, so matches between guys like barrett and orton are more about storytelling than actual entertainment

1 - 20 of 25 Posts