Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously it freakin sucks. It makes John Cenas move actually look painful.

If you guys where to give him a finisher what would it be? I don't know personally I can see him doing a Torture Rack I dont know why.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Give it few more months, i bet everyone will get used to it eventually.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
They can't change it now, they've gotten it over. It's beaten John Cena and Randy Orton and laid out The Undertaker.

I know it's a shitty move, but shitty finishers are common in the main event. Besides Undertaker and Sheamus (and CM Punk if you count him as a main eventer), all the main event finishers are pretty weak.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I like it a little but in some ways it looks hard to make it impactful because he has to flip them over his head. Tarvers was dumb what was it again a flying punch.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I do...but this applies to any time period.

Hogan and Warrior had HORRENDOUS finishers and look at how massive they were. Rock's finishers were garbage, and that's only off the top of my head. Today, Cena's, Edge's, Rey's moves look incredibly weak. The RKO looks weak too, despite how big of a fanbase it has. Pedigree isn't much better since it's the same landing as the RKO, except Triple H seems to get better force than Randy Orton.

Batista and HBK had powerful finishers when they were around but they're both gone, so that raises how underwhelming most ME finishers are today.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pyro™;8995104 said:
They can't change it now, they've gotten it over. It's beaten John Cena and Randy Orton and laid out The Undertaker.

I know it's a shitty move, but shitty finishers are common in the main event. Besides Undertaker and Sheamus (and CM Punk if you count him as a main eventer), all the main event finishers are pretty weak.
So because there are shitty finishers everywhere we should just be ok with an even shittier one? Cmon man shit is shit. we as fans shouldn't have to lower our standards and "get use" to a finisher like that.

And guys like Mysterio and Cena have crappy finishers but Id say they are at least passable. The Wasteland seriously just crosses the line of ridiculous to me.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I won't argue about the rock bottom because that could go on forever but try to remember the body of another human being is in their hands. Triple H use to do horrifing pedigrees and goldberg and brock had one hell of a finisher. But either way I do see your point now.

·
The Man
25,723 Posts
The best thing about it is the name. Like someone said it makes the Attitude Adjustment love extremely painful. When he does it to Evan Bourne and sometimes Orton it looks real impactful. But anyone else pretty big just looks pretty week. But i also think it is to late to change now. Maybe give him some sort of second finisher.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I won't argue about the rock bottom because that could go on forever but try to remember the body of another human being is in their hands. Triple H use to do horrifing pedigrees and goldberg and brock had one hell of a finisher. But either way I do see your point now.
Goldberg and Brock were lucky enough to be blessed with amazing finishers because they had presence like nobody else, so their finishers had to be brutal. The whole point of Goldberg and Lesnar was that they were destroyers. Goldberg was booked like a Terminator and Lesnar wasn't booked a far cry from that.

There's an infamous Pedigree where Triple H dumps the reciever on his head like an inverted Tombstone and it looks amazingly horrific, but that was probably before the move was finalized as being something specific.

So because there are shitty finishers everywhere we should just be ok with an even shittier one? Cmon man shit is shit. we as fans shouldn't have to lower our standards and "get use" to a finisher like that.

And guys like Mysterio and Cena have crappy finishers but Id say they are at least passable. The Wasteland seriously just crosses the line of ridiculous to me.
It's no worse than the AA. It really, REALLY isn't...

And besides, yes, shit is shit and shit is never a good thing, but seriously, it's just a finisher. It's not a shitty storyline, it's not a shitty character, it's not a shitty match, it's a shitty...finisher. Some random move that the creative team just decides this is what pins people. I can bypass the idea of it being shit mattering.

The only finisher that I can remember that's just too much shit to be classified as a finisher is The Worm.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's no worse than the AA. It really, REALLY isn't...

And besides, yes, shit is shit and shit is never a good thing, but seriously, it's just a finisher. It's not a shitty storyline, it's not a shitty character, it's not a shitty match, it's a shitty...finisher. Some random move that the creative team just decides this is what pins people. I can bypass the idea of it being shit mattering.

The only finisher that I can remember that's just too much shit to be classified as a finisher is The Worm.
Well then I guess it just comes down to our own values. I can't stand shitty finishers it just makes it seem super unrealistic. I understand that wrestling as a whole is unrealistic but seeing a guy lose to a move that my grandpa can take really just bugs.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
It's fine, the commentators just need to sell it a bit more

·
Registered
1,320 Posts

Taker and Punk have legit looking finishers, barretts finisher looks like it's mildly uncomfortable.:sad:

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Seriously it freakin sucks. It makes John Cenas move actually look painful.

If you guys where to give him a finisher what would it be? I don't know personally I can see him doing a Torture Rack I dont know why.
And he will but not until the time is right. What will almost certainly happen is that he'll continue to win matches with it for a while but then someone will kick out and he'll adopt a new one. Wasteland will then become a credible signiture move. Have patience.

Not the Torture Rack though, he showed with Mark Henry that he doesn't really have the necassary power for that move, I would suggest this ...

... although again, he couldn't do it on everyone.

·
I Follow Buzzards!!!
395 Posts

CM Punks GTS is not shitty. Its broke a few noses before. Reys I know of.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't like his finisher either, what's it called anyways?

While on the topic of finishers, why did Jericho start using the normal Boston Crab instead of the inverted crab he used in WCW?

·
Registered
837 Posts
I love his finisher. Maybe I'm just missing the crappy ones but aside from Henry he's always slammed people down very hard. It's not pretty or flashy but it looks like it could and would legitimately knock someone out.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Taker and Punk have legit looking finishers, barretts finisher looks like it's mildly uncomfortable.:sad:
What? I.....never disputed that, ever.

CM Punks GTS is not shitty. Its broke a few noses before. Reys I know of.
What the FUCK are you talking about? The GTS is amazing. I said BESIDES those moves that I mentioned, ME finishers suck.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I quite like Wade's finisher. They should sell it as a move that crushes ribs. Having said that, the problem for Wade is that he doesn't have the superman strength that Cena has, so he struggles with it against the big guys. Punk has the same problem. Against the big guys his GTS looks really, really bad.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts