Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i registerd on this forum my computer keeps on turning off after i've been on for a whille. i think it's some sort of virus have any off you had it before and if you have do you know how to get rid of it?

Thanks.

·
version six
3,891 Posts
Your power unit is usually situated in a small, rectangular box underneath your stairs...Your electric cord is in the back of your computer.

But I doubt it's that...Just get Norton.

·
Banned
660 Posts
Run spy ware and get rid of the vireses

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
The best programs...that I use often are:
Ad-Aware SE Personal (which is free, search on Google)
Norton Antivirus 2005

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
i found norton ****ed with my system, they just didnt wanna work, the guys at symntec couldnt figure it out lol.

i get alot of spyware but no virus problem , never from WE anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
I have the free version of the AVG antivirus program from Grisoft.com installed on my computer. It works great if you don't have a budget for computer protection.

N

·
0 Posts
AVG is surprisingly good, though.

It won't remove viruses as good as McAfee or Norton, but for a free one, it's good.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Wait a second, Ill give you the answer for this. Is the computer totally shutting off? or just restarting?

If shutting down........
1. possible virus
2. power supply

if restarting......
1. possible virus
2. failure with power supply
3. cpu is becoming faulty
4. memory (RAM) is becoming faulty
5. hard drive clicked the machine. I dont know what this is called, but its happened to me. Your doing normal work, then suddenly the hard drive stops, restarts, and so does the computer.
6. overheating problem (highly unlikely)

My Solutions!
Use AdAware, and Norton Systemworks. These are the best two programs to make sure your computer is running fine. If that doesnt fix it, take it to a technician, or someone who feels safe in checking internal components.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
True Nitemare, it's made by Grisoft. They have experienced incredible growth in the last decade, particularly in the last few years, with sales more than doubling every year since the founding of the company. It is continually expanding to address the needs of the global market.

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
^ I had that! Grr, in the end I think my Norton 2002 (the only one that would work with my computer!) got rid of it. It was something to do with a Worm virus I think.

Now yours might be slightly different but it just sounds similar, do a full check.

If not then do a system restore back to a point that you can remember you didn’t experience a problem. That’s a bit extreme, but could work.

·
WWE & Basic Thuganomics Champ
683 Posts
if you have the virus i mentioned before, i can easily give you a programm that removes it.you dont need to install it like an antivirus.it is just a small software by windows for removing that particular virus.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts