Randy Orton
Sheamus
Wade Barrett
Daniel Bryan
Cody Rhodes
Mark Henry
Brodus Clay
Yoshi Tatsu

I didn't vote Undertaker I don't count him as a current star as I doubt the will be back for a while

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Re: Vote for the SD wrestlers you mark for / are a fan of

The Undertaker
Mark Henry
Sheamus
Christian
Kane
Daniel Bryan
Cody Rhodes
Wade Barrett
Justin Gabriel
Both Sin Caras
The Usos

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Re: Vote for the SD wrestlers you mark for / are a fan of

I mark for Ted DiBiase, Jr. Always have. Always will. Guess I'm in the minority, but I don't give a shit. I enjoy Ted for what he is. He's proven himself as a generally likeable babyface with the crowd recently, that's definitely a good thing especially for someone who has just turned face. I just enjoy seeing a babyface Ted DiBiase. It just fits for me. In my mind, it's like they finally thrust him back into a more natural state of his persona. And it's great to watch. But one thing that bothers me is that if they're going to turn him face, I don't understand why they didn't go all-out. He could've become the protagonist to help further establish Rhodes as a tremendous heel, and he should've at least explained the reasonings and some motivations for the face turn in a few promos afterward. I mean, WWE did so much damage to his reputation as both a worker & a performer during that horribly mishandled singles run on RAW that I was afraid he'd never really recover. He isn't going to become relevant or find any breakout success if he's losing, or if he's only winning here & there on Superstars. He's got to be put on a stage that matters again, and he's got to rack up some victories to help him return to his proper form.

Regardless, Ted isn't lacking in the workrate department. He's good in his role. He's recently shown to be exceptionally better as babyface worker in terms of his match quality & storytelling capabilities. He's also shown to be willing to expand his repertoire and explore his boundaries a little more often, too. Hell, he just told an amazing story in a meaningless filler match against Tyson Kidd on Superstars two weeks ago. I just wish they would do something meaningful with him in any sort of capacity because I believe he has barely scratched the surface of what he's fully capable of. I genuinely expect Ted to be a mid-card staple for years to come, at the very least.

So yeah, I don't care what negative things you say about the guy. He just entertains me. I can see if his in-ring style isn't your cup of tea, because that's strictly personal preference. Regardless, Ted's always been a sort of "guilty pleasure" for me. I'll gladly consider myself his biggest fan.

On a side note, I also mark for Cody Rhodes, Christian, and Daniel Bryan. I like Sheamus and Wade Barrett as well, though not as much as all the aforementioned guys.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
christian

Edit: Barett dunno why forgot him. This guy is gold on the mic

and then bryan

Edit: Christian because he is working his ass off never complained always put on good matches to entertain everyone and always cuts good promos. Puts other people over and makes them look extremely good just fucking awesome this guy

Bryan: I have seen him in ROH and his mic skill are good i mean no barett but who cares. His in ring skill is just amazing

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I picked 3 favourite wrestlers from Smackdown: Christian & Kane - I saw many good matches including these two, and Tyson Kidd - great technician.

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
Daniel Bryan: Best wrestler in the world, always on target, brings intensity to the ring, and is the underdog type you can get behind.

Christian: Great wrestler, can work the mic, and has charisma.

Sheamus: The guy is solid in the ring for a big guy and makes his kicks and punches look brutal.

Wade Barret: The guy can work a mic and express his opinion very good, he is very serious but that is one of his best qualities.

Sin Cara (Mistico): He can have good matches with the right opponents and he does really complicated thing inside that ring.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts