Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a couple of years ago he was booked as an unstoppable monster, a dominant force in the SmackDown main event scene. He even claimed a rare one-on-one clean win over the Undertaker! Then he lost 3 matches in a row against Shawn Michaels, the Undertaker and Triple H. Given the competition I can buy this. But then... he was drafted to ECW where he went from squashing jobbers to jobbing to Christian in tag matches (and even a single match once!). This was pretty bad... Now he's paired up with that clown Santino and jobbing to Nexus rookies... Seriously, WTF?! I can accept the comedy bits, but WWE should never make him look weak. This guy is a legit MMA badass. He belongs in the main event. This is really annoying.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Kozlov is good I think, but not THAT good.
His mic skills are not main event level and in-ring work could be a lot-lot better.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
So, a couple of years ago he was booked as an unstoppable monster, a dominant force in the SmackDown main event scene. He even claimed a rare one-on-one clean win over the Undertaker! Then he lost 3 matches in a row against Shawn Michaels, the Undertaker and Triple H. Given the competition I can buy this. But then... he was drafted to ECW where he went from squashing jobbers to jobbing to Christian in tag matches (and even a single match once!). This was pretty bad... Now he's paired up with that clown Santino and jobbing to Nexus rookies... Seriously, WTF?! I can accept the comedy bits, but WWE should never make him look weak. This guy is a legit MMA badass. He belongs in the main event. This is really annoying.
Are you high? The guy is awful in the ring and has zero personality, (although that hasn't stopped the WWE from pushing someone before) I think he's far more entertaining in the goofy comedy segments.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
lol there's a REASON he was pushed back down and became a comedy jobber.

all anyone has to do is watch HHH/Kozlov/Edge to see why. he's far below average in the ring.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I still say it's no excuse to give someone a monster push like that, then just drop it and make him basically a jobber. It just doesn't make sense, he wasn't any less over than other people they've shoved down our throats. Creative seems to do this alot, and it's not like I'm saying this cuz I'm a huge Koslov fan, cuz I'm not, I just don't undertsnad their logic sometimes.

·
Banned
1,630 Posts
lol there's a REASON he was pushed back down and became a comedy jobber.

all anyone has to do is watch HHH/Kozlov/Edge to see why. he's far below average in the ring.
I know I am one of the few people out there but I really did not think it was that bad. The crowd took a huge shit all over the match but I thought Kozlov showed some decent wrestling skills there. I still have the match below average but I dont think it was a DUD lol.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Kozlov is awful to be honest, he's fine at where he is right now.

·
Registered
510 Posts
You can't compare any MMA skills he has to his in ring wrestling ability. It isn't the same. He isn't terrible in the ring but he is nothing special. Santino is the better wrestler of the two.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As far as wrestling skill goes, Kozlov isn't great yet, but certainly isn't any worse than Miz, Randy Orton, Wade Barrett or John Cena. I mention his MMA background because it adds credibility. For example, John Cena's wrestling skill is pretty bad, but he made a good champion because not only does he look strong, he actually is pretty strong. When he fireman-carried Big Show AND Edge at the same time at Wrestlemania XXV it looked very impressive. Goldberg wasn't good on the mic, but he looked great as a champion. With proper booking Kozlov could (and should) be a great main eventer.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I think Kozlov is done. He's been buried too many times, it would be very hard for them to give him credibility after jobbing at the Santino level for this long.

The idea was quite good, they had looked at MMA and seen guys like Fedor and Crocop and thought they could transplant this guy in. But again, they gave him little to no build and thought he could be an instant champ. This thinking is not productive (sheamus, MacIntyre)

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
Uhm.. he isn't jobbing that much as you guys are describing it. Santino and Kozlov win most of their matches and when they lose, Santino is the one getting pinned. The only time I remember Kozlov getting pinned was during a tag team match against Cody and Drew when they won the tag titles. Kozlov and Santino are the Jesse and Festus type of tag team, the smaller one gets beaten up throughout the whole match, than in comes the big man who destroys the opponent.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Talk to Chris Masters.
Talk to MVP.
Talk to Kofi Kingston.

They all got pushes and then shit on. I just don't think the WWE has any idea how much talent their workers have. So when you first come in, you get pushed because you are new. Then when you are not new, they reevaluate you and go from there.

Hell, even talk to CM Punk. His entire stable jobbed to The Big Show over and over, in every sense of the word. Punk was even defeated by him at Night Of Champions and neither of them held titles. It was useless. It did nothing for The Big Show.

·
Banned
1,630 Posts
Uhm.. he isn't jobbing that much as you guys are describing it. Santino and Kozlov win most of their matches and when they lose, Santino is the one getting pinned. The only time I remember Kozlov getting pinned was during a tag team match against Cody and Drew when they won the tag titles. Kozlov and Santino are the Jesse and Festus type of tag team, the smaller one gets beaten up throughout the whole match, than in comes the big man who destroys the opponent.
Didnt Sheamus pin Kozlov in like two minutes CLEAN in their match a few weeks ago?

·
Registered
856 Posts
I really enjoy the Kozlov/Santino team. It's probably the only time I've really been entertained by the guy, TBH. He is really meant to be a comedy character.

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
Didnt Sheamus pin Kozlov in like two minutes CLEAN in their match a few weeks ago?
Yes, you are correct, but they are on two different levels, Sheamus is a main event talent and former 2-time WWE champion, whilst Kozlov is only a tag team wrestler. If we think kayfabe, than Sheamus is the one who 'ended' Triple H's career, while Kozlov is only used to wrestle lowcard guys like Primo, Ryder and the Usos, so of course he doesn't really know how to handle a guy like Sheamus. In a powerwouse vs powerhouse match, usually the more intelligent and more aggressive powerhouse beats the other one in a couple of minutes (like Snitsky vs Batista or Snitsky vs Kane).

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Talk to Chris Masters.
Talk to MVP.
Talk to Kofi Kingston.

They all got pushes and then shit on. I just don't think the WWE has any idea how much talent their workers have. So when you first come in, you get pushed because you are new. Then when you are not new, they reevaluate you and go from there.

Hell, even talk to CM Punk. His entire stable jobbed to The Big Show over and over, in every sense of the word. Punk was even defeated by him at Night Of Champions and neither of them held titles. It was useless. It did nothing for The Big Show.
Chris Masters had the look. His downfall started with introduction of the wellness policy. They had to send him to rehab. When he got off the 'roids, he shrank to half his original size and lost whatever appeal he had in the process.

MVP and Kofi Kingston always were solid mid carders, right whey there belong.

Big Show is the biggest guy out there. There's nothing wrong with jobbing to him.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts