Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He was so passionate, I remember him going nuts when guys like Shawn Michaels would come out. Does anyone remember these years? It could of still been considered PG although they were way more edgy and charismatic back then. All the commentators seem bored off their asses now and they lack heart.

I remember in 1996/7 when HBK's music would hit, Vince would go "HERE WE GO ALLRIGHT IT'S THE HEART BREAK KID SHAWNNNNN MICHAEEELS!!!!!!". He would be going nuts and even during the matches he would be so into the movies and the pin falls, it was crazy. No way Vince has that sort of passion today.

Maybe all you prefer the calmness and contentment of the current commentators, but I love it when commentators go nuts and put their heart into it. I'm not talking about faking it like Cole always does. You can tell he is faking it when he goes "aw cmon!". Back when JR and Vince were commentating you could tell they would really be into it.

· Is a Snit Head
33,676 Posts
Vince was so bad he was good. His "COVER HIM! ONE...TWO....NOOOOOOOOOOO! HE KICKED OUT!" was amazing. His emotion was cool but it's when he wasn't going crazy that he wasn't very good.

· Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I love how Jerry Lawler acts immature and blasts Shawn Michaels and Vince Praises him. You can tell they put all their heart into it. Of course Jerry Lawler really didn't hate Michaels but look at the insults he threw at him, i love it. You would never get away with that in todays MILD kiddy product. Look at when HBK's music hits at 1:14, it sounds like Vince is going crazy like a rabid fan. Then Jerry Lawler tries to talk more crap and Vince cuts him off says "HERE HE COMES!!!!!! SHOW IT OFF YES YES!". I love it. Vince is going nuts, so much passion. WWE sucks today and he knows it. He loved it back then. LOL Jerry Lawler with his remarks and laughing like a jackal. Sorry kiddies, maybe you should not watch, it may be too crued for you, ha ha ha!

· Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vince was so bad he was good. His "COVER HIM! ONE...TWO....NOOOOOOOOOOO! HE KICKED OUT!" was amazing. His emotion was cool but it's when he wasn't going crazy that he wasn't very good.
I thought he was fine during the whole thing. Watch that match of HBK Vs HHH that I posted. Vince is good and entertains the whole way through. He is tons better then the crappy commentators you guys watch today.

· Registered
20,757 Posts
Vince was underrated as a commentator. And how he reacted to HBK all the time doesn't hurt the rumors that he had a hard-on towards him.

· Is a Snit Head
33,676 Posts
Vince was underrated as a commentator. And how he reacted to HBK all the time doesn't hurt the rumors that he had a hard-on towards him.
He went crazy for Nash when he was champion as well. I think he nearly had an orgams when he made some of his entrances as champion. I mean he would scream "YESSS!" and than laugh in kind of a creepy way.

· Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He went crazy for Nash when he was champion as well. I think he nearly had an orgams when he made some of his entrances as champion. I mean he would scream "YESSS!" and than laugh in kind of a creepy way.
Your right, but I think he went crazy for HBK a little more. Even when HBK was not champ he would go nuts for him. Jerry Lawler seemed to hate HBK whether he was heel or face, that is what I loved. Yes, it doesn't make sense, but that's what I loved about old WWE, it was unpredictable. Not like this new current CRAP.

· Registered
2,927 Posts
Well HBK insulted Lawler whetever Face or Heel, so it got both ways. I thought Vince was good, just too Cheesy.

· Registered
2,927 Posts
Yeah they are, but they couldn't be as Cheesy as Vince was, he was on his own planet.

Plus i really don't enjoy the Announcers nowadays, Cole has his moments, Lawler has died in 07, Striker is fine and Matthews too, all the rest are awful.

· Just Remember
1,082 Posts
Vince's commentary was very old-school. He always sounded like a sports commentator from the '50s with his delivery of lines like "Well, would you look at that!" I'm glad he gave it up when he did, his announcing style was not right for the Attitude Era.

· Registered
1,656 Posts
I like how at WM when HBK lands in the fans after he ropes off the balcony
King is like he landed right in the middle of his Kilq McMahon!
And Vince is like he could've landed anywhere in this capacity crowd
Almost as if he doesn't like the kliq and he just tried to ignore it lol

Vince was awesome especially for HBK but I think that's at the time when he was trying to Super Promote him as the top face
I loved how he over did it for HBK lol

· Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I like how at WM when HBK lands in the fans after he ropes off the balcony
King is like he landed right in the middle of his Kilq McMahon!
And Vince is like he could've landed anywhere in this capacity crowd
Almost as if he doesn't like the kliq and he just tried to ignore it lol

Vince was awesome especially for HBK but I think that's at the time when he was trying to Super Promote him as the top face
I loved how he over did it for HBK lol
lol ya, totally agree.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.