Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cagesideseats.com/2010/10/24/1770830/vince-mcmahon-wants-brock-lesnar-to-face-the-undertaker-at#comments

Ariel Helwani should have known that something was up when top WWE star and member of Vince McMahon's inner circle The Undertaker agreed to be interviewed by him at UFC 121 for AOL Fanhouse. Especially after the last WWE veteran to do such a cardinal sin, Jim Ross, ended up in Vince's doghouse. So it should have come as little surprise to Ariel when The Undertaker made sure to catch Brock Lesnar's eye as he left the cage, made a feeble attempt to goad him into a fight, which Brock ignored, and claimed that they have personal issues. Alarm bells should have been ringing in Ariel's head that maybe The Undertaker, under instructions from his present employer Vince McMahon, was trying to publicly goad Lesnar into doing a WrestleMania match with him next year, just like John Cena did in 2009 with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

Unsurprisingly, Dave Meltzer with his ties to the Brock Lesnar camp and his high up WWE sources, had the scoop on his post UFC 121 radio show:

Dave: Vince McMahon wants Undertaker and Brock at WrestleMania. I just can't imagine um, I mean his contract with UFC wouldn't allow it, so who knows.... Obviously the fact that Undertaker was there, you know, they obviously think that they got.... What I can tell you there is no deal for that match, but they do want that match and obviously Brock has been contacted and there you go. For the streak against the UFC title, but he lost the title.

Bryan: *Sniggers* The streak against the UFC title!

Dave: Sounded like a good idea at the time. If you're Vince and you're trying to recoup that fifty million dollars that you've just lost in the election campaign, you know, you're going to come up with ideas like this.
Dave and Bryan went on to safely speculate that Dana White won't be too happy about all this when he finds out about it. Personally I don't think anything will come out of this and Brock will just use WWE's interest in him as negotiating leverage to get a better PPV cut from Dana, given the millions and millions of dollars that would be left on the table if he jumped ship now and didn't have his rubber match with Frank Mir, which he should comfortably win to set up another big money rematch with Shane Carwin or Cain Velasquez. Returning to WWE can wait until the money dries up in UFC.
No way this happens Brock still has a few fights left on his UFC deal (plus an exclusive negotiation period at the end of it) and there is no way Dana or Lorenzo would sign off on this, especially with a Major Card at the Rogers Centre around Wrestlemania time.

Be nice to watch but it won't happen.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
I think Taker just likes UFC and is kinda angry Lesnar never returned the HIAC and Biker Chain match jobs. Lesnar vs Taker again would be nice but it would never realistically happen.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I do find it a bit odd that Undertaker, a guy who is VERY protective of his character, would appear on another show out of character and do an interview, when he's working for a company that fires people just for being in the crowd of an opposing show (Can't even remember his name, one of the Highlanders/ Jim Ross as said in that article).

SOooooooo, I think, *maybe*, it is Vince trying to arrange such a match at WM after seeing how popular UFC (and Brock) are lately... but, if it is all true, I don't think it'll happen.

Just seems strange they'd have 'Taker out of character, I mean, if they did get it to happen, would 'Taker be in character for the build up inside WWE and out of character for anything else?

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
LOL what a crock of shit. vince knows nobody wants brock vs taker, and it's already been done before so what the fuck? and im sure he knows brock has no intentions of coming back to wrestling at all.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
Fuck Taker/Lesnar. If Lesnar is to fight anybody in WWE it should be Trips considering the fact that we never got to see it. Holy shit, Taker/Cena and Lesnar/Trips would own like nobodies business. Anorexic chance of it happening though lol.

·
Banned
445 Posts
I don't see Brock ever wanting to return to pro wrestling, but it would be awesome to see him back for one night only and actually end Undertaker's streak. It would be the best thing to ever happen in wrestling's history. The WWE is below Brock though.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
I think Taker just likes UFC and is kinda angry Lesnar never returned the HIAC and Biker Chain match jobs. Lesnar vs Taker again would be nice but it would never realistically happen.
i thought that's what he meant when he was saying it was a personal thing. because obviously, he couldn't just come out and say "yeah i jobbed to Lesnar a couple times, and then he never jobbed to me back, ya know? my fake sport is all about trading wins."

but i do think Taker might hold a bit of a grudge for all that.

this can't happen, for the sole purpose of it being too awesome for anything the WWE does anymore.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Fuck Taker/Lesnar. If Lesnar is to fight anybody in WWE it should be Trips considering the fact that we never got to see it. Holy shit, Taker/Cena and Lesnar/Trips would own like nobodies business. Anorexic chance of it happening though lol.
And also have Edge and Christian fight for the title, plus some feud between 2 of Punk/Jericho/Orton. omg, I'm drooling from that.
No that's not the case. Taker and Lesnar don't have any heat, and the way he talked to him wasn't to start a real fight there.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Besides, if Brock were to agree to this he'd say "I want a ton of money and I want to win"

WWE/Vince would reply "I'll give you the ton of money, but you are *NOT* beating Undertaker at WrestleMania"

Deals off.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Besides, if Brock were to agree to this he'd say "I want a ton of money and I want to win"

WWE/Vince would reply "I'll give you the ton of money, but you are *NOT* beating Undertaker at WrestleMania"

Deals off.
Both Dana and Lorenzo would say the same thing as well as demand Brock is covered in UFC logo's.

·
8,232 Posts
I do find it a bit odd that Undertaker, a guy who is VERY protective of his character, would appear on another show out of character and do an interview, when he's working for a company that fires people just for being in the crowd of an opposing show (Can't even remember his name, one of the Highlanders/ Jim Ross as said in that article).

SOooooooo, I think, *maybe*, it is Vince trying to arrange such a match at WM after seeing how popular UFC (and Brock) are lately... but, if it is all true, I don't think it'll happen.

Just seems strange they'd have 'Taker out of character, I mean, if they did get it to happen, would 'Taker be in character for the build up inside WWE and out of character for anything else?
Are you insinuating that Taker could ever possibly get fired? Not a chance.

Deadman does what he wants, when he wants.

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
Nothing'll come out of this. Just like when Jerich was supposed to face Austin at the last WM. Would be great if it happen though.

·
1,817 Posts
It wont happen unless vince digs deeper into his pockets which would be stupid anyway!
Lesnar would put on as much show as he did at Wrestlemania XX he wouldn't give a fuck!

If Vince wants a big show he needs bring back Angle/Austin/Rock

·
Premium Member
43,690 Posts
This rumor is starting up because of the little tiff they had at the UFC event.

There is no way in hell that this match would take place. I don't think Taker would even consider dropping his streak to Brock & no way in hell Brock would come back to wrestling just to job to Undertaker at Mania. Its just not happening.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts