Wrestling Forum banner

Vince views on Daniel Bryan/ John Morrison and Christian

12250 Views 104 Replies 81 Participants Last post by  nukeinyourhair
John Peirmarini the former WWE creative team member shared on his blog Vince's thoughts on Daniel Bryan, John Morrison and Christian.

John Piermarini worked for WWE creative during 2009-2010 and was heavily involved in the Orton v Dibiase v Rhodes feud at Wrestlemania 26.

The blog has just recently disappeared most likely due to pressure from WWE. Here is what Vince thinks of these guys:

Daniel Bryan - Vince feels Daniel Bryan is a mid-level wrestler who wins when he capitalises on an opponents mistakes. He has a career in the mid-card and nothing more.

John Morrison - Vince's own words "He can't kick anyone's ass in a real fight and therefore he can't be a top babyface". Vince also feels he just doesn't have the personality to be a bad guy

Christian - Despite his popularity Vince feels Christian is merely a "good hand" and is someone who is a stepping stone for up and comers. Christian does not have alot of support from the higher ups to be a main event guy. That is why you see Christian involved in the Edge v Del Rio feud, Christian will be used as a prop to get Del Rio over as a champion.

John Piermarini also confirmed Edge v Christian feud which fans have yearned to see for the last two years "has been pitched to death and rejected every time". This is again due to Christian lacking the "main event quality" and it would bring Edge down a level to be feuding with Christian.

Piermarini also revealed Vince sees Skip Sheffield as the number 2 babyface in the company in the future. Piermarini noted that Vince is very high on Skip and if anyone is to make it from the NXT shows and have a long lasting career in WWE it is Skip.

Source: John Peirmarini blog
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

· Registered
4,806 Posts
Harsh on Morrison other two are spot on though.

Cant wait to see Skip Sheffield as heavyweight champion honest.

· Premium Member
46,384 Posts
Assuming this is true, here are my reactions to this:

Daniel Bryan - I wouldn't have a problem with Bryan being a midcard mainstay if the WWE actually had directions for most of their midcarders...which they don't.

John Morrison - OK so Morrison can't kick ass in a real fight so he can't be a main event babyface. Uh ok, so how do you explain Rey Mysterio & Shawn Michaels? And doesn't have personality as a heel?! He had more personality as a heel than he has as a babyface! Somebody who looks like THAT & wrestles with more athletic gifts that Shawn Michaels in his youth isn't worth being made into a top guy? Wow.

Christian - He'll be used as a prop to get Del Rio over....then why did Christian win last Friday? But aside from that, yeah, this is definitely Vince's true opinion of the guy. I can tell just by how they've used him and its a damn shame because Christian was over like a motherfucker back in 2005. Oh well.

But Vince is high on SKIP SHEFFIELD...are you fucking kidding me. The dude was EASILY replaced by Ezerkiel Jackson. Has anybody noticed? He's a muscled up body and that's it. Last time I saw him, dude was green as all hell too. Cut from the same cloth as every other generic big guy I've seen in the last few years.

But again, we don't even know if what was written in this blog is true. Though none of it would surprise me.

· Harley's Circus
2,569 Posts
LOL at this thread

These comments are pretty old and I doubt Skip has the potential for a main event anything at the moment. Christian is a tough sell since if Vince really felt this way about him why is he still with the WWE?
Morrison well.........he can't be a main event heel but if he gets over who knows.
Danielson is just coming off his first year in the WWE, I think its way too soon for Vince to possibly be making comments like this.

· Anti-Hero
11,509 Posts
I don't know how true or untrue these comments are. It was always my understanding that Vince was a man who gave individuals opportunities and allowed them to either rise or fall. I don't think he initially saw guys like Bret or Shawn as more than tag team talent or good hands. But every time he gave them opportunity they rose to it.
Yes, there is an element of backstage politics and overcoming the initial preconceptions of others. But the onus is on these talented individuals, and they are all just that, to make the best of it.

· Registered
797 Posts
Good god i hope this isnt true, i like all 3 guys though he may have a point on christian.

Skip sheffield was on tough enough years ago and had been in developmental for a long time so maybe he was doing something right in his time there.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,845 Posts
Daniel Bryan has a mid card career and nothing more could have been said about so many other guys who didn't have "the look." "The look" being completely abusing human growth hormone and anabolic steroids until the guy "looks" like a cartoon character.

Austin, Hart, Michaels, Mysterio, Guerrero, Benoit. They don't have "the look." Maybe they can be U.S. champ or something.
:rolleyes:

The John Morrison and Christian thing is absurd. I think if Morrison got enough 10 and 15 minute matches he would get over to the point that Jeff Hardy got over and the company wouldn't have much choice but to at least try him out as a heavyweight champ.

We all know what he said about Christian is how he sees Christian. Its why the guy will never be champ even though people have wanted that for years. Its also why we won't get an Edge/Christian feud, which would be even more over than Christian as champ and would be a fantastic and logical way to end Edge's career.

· Registered
865 Posts
I don't know if this is truly what he thinks or not, but I think if enough ppl get behind someone he'll inevitably push them.

About Morrison not being able to fight, I dunno, he looks like someone that probably knows some sort of martial arts. I mean size really doesn't matter in a fight where someone is more skilled than the other. Anyway didn't they push Hardy? I am certainly sure no one is really scared of fighting Jeff Hardy, I mean he certainly doesn't look like he can kick ppl's asses, yet he was pretty much top face behind only Cena.

· Registered
484 Posts
I like Skip and as harsh as it sounds I agree with the statement about Christian and to a degree with Bryan. I don't think he'll be a World Champion but I'd like him to get a decent amount of success otherwise in terms of good feuds and a couple of decent title runs.

As for JoMo, that's kinda harsh. I figured he'd definitely be a future WWE Champion. Dude is athletic as hell and takes a lot of pride in his work. Sure perhaps personality wise he doesn't cut it at the moment but that could be worked on. He's still written in stone as a future world champ in my books.

· Banned
18,124 Posts
Piermarini also revealed Vince sees Skip Sheffield as the number 2 babyface in the company in the future. Piermarini noted that Vince is very high on Skip and if anyone is to make it from the NXT shows and have a long lasting career in WWE it is Skip.
Yes! If this is true than it's awesome, I've been calling for this ever since. Skip Sheffield and Sheamus should be guys to build WWE around.

· Registered
3,506 Posts
Vince is just fucked in the head for saying all that, i hope its not true.

And BTW, how more stupid could he get by calling Morrison ''not a kick ass guy''? Has he forgot about Chris Benoit, HBK, Rey Mysterio etc. Were they kick-ass, NO! But they were made to be stars. WWE doesn't and shouldn't depend on real life, because they make stars. STUPID VINCE.

· Registered
43 Posts
I guessed sth like this. Too bad...

· Registered
1,849 Posts
Old news but thanks.

I highly doubt much of this means anything. HBK/Austin/Miz etc were orignally branded mid-card for life...

The one point I do agree with however is that on Christian. He will never what's classed today by WWE as a major player. The closest I see him coming to this is winning a world title as an award for sticking around (minus his NWA title reign in TNA) at a minor PPV or SD! and holding it for less than a month or two. Ofcourse the chances of this happening is 1000000 to 1.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.