Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Baby Yoda
29,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
The Main Event was boring, I'll be honest. Do I think it was awful? Definitely not. However compared to most of the other matches on the card, the pacing seemed way off and it just didn't feel like a Main Event.

Becky, Shayna, Bayley should have felt HUGE and it didn't, that was weird.
Mate, everyone is dead on the main roster. None of them feel like big deals.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Honestly, Bayleys probably the most consistent wrestler of all the horsewomen, not gonna have eye popping matches but won't have botch tastic ones either. Becky's pretty much what I like to call a wrestling mirror, how the match turns out comes down to how good her dance partner is, but she won't embarrass her regardless. So basically this match relied on Shayna and from everything I've seen, she's not the type of wrestler to rely on to carry a match. Probs should've made the booked match more power-based.

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,025 Posts
Mate, everyone is dead on the main roster. None of them feel like big deals.
I mean I think The Fiend feels pretty good right now. Early on in his reign still, though. One of the only things WWE is nailing so far, but it's early days.

It's a shame that they come from NXT and it's like their whole personality & aura just vanishes.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
This is what happens to when you 3 three women with near similar styles and none are high flyers or powerhouses.

They cant wow like Io Shirai and Candice with the high fly moves and none can do strengh power base moves like Bianca,Rhea,Mandy, and Dana.

When Bayley's most spectacular move is the flying elbow, Beckys is the middle rope leg drop, and Shanya....does Shayna even have an impact move? Then your in trouble

·
Registered
299 Posts
Im a huge fan of the woman and don’t want to see their promotion discontinue. And I’m no Becky hater. I like her. But she botched the ending of the finish with Ronda at WM. Then she botched with Bayley. I’m not blaming her for two underwhelming main events. But it’s not a good look. Booking is part of it. But it’s just a lot of pressure. I can’t remember a time in recent memory a woman’s match main eventing a major PPV hasent bombed. Which is odd, as generally the woman deliver 5 star matches on average.

Probably styles too. You had 3 real good workers in their, but with Very Limited move sets, it just felt flat. Same with Styles, Shink, and Strong. But it was Survivor Series. And it was Champion V Champion V Champion. Maybe they should just bring back the Night of Champions Ppv. And reserve it for that.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I feel like the problem was there was no real high stakes to the match, leading people to believe a twist was incoming if you're putting in on last I.e. and injury pulling in Ronda... maybe even AJ Lee.

Then when you got nothing it was kinda like oh....

41 - 48 of 48 Posts