Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Baby Yoda
29,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Of course it flopped, it had Becky 2 Star and Shayna the one trick pony in it. Any match where Bayley is the most athletic and has the most dynamic move set is automatically in trouble. They put 2 storytellers and Becky in what should've been a spot fest, in a main event slot they didn't deserve.
Funny thing is Meltzer gave the match 2 stars :lol

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,459 Posts
Funny thing is Meltzer gave the match 2 stars :lol
Of course he did, to get Becky more than 2* she needs to be carried by somebody with dynamic offense like Sasha, Charlotte or Asuka, otherwise you end up with a match with no impact, no high spots, no athleticism.

·
Registered
5 Posts
They are giving woman a main event just to make them look like they value woman. Mens traditional match could easily be main event of that show.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,221 Posts
I know you look at these 3 wrestlers and think them calling it on the fly would be a disaster, but this was really slow and self-conscious and get-to-my-spot, get-to-my-spot, get-to-my-spot for me.
I think this was rehearsed to death and they outsmarted themselves. Its like an NFL team laying an egg after a bye week.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I still dont know why they booked Shayna to win. Maybe to just give NXT that final decisive win. The way her character is i find it very one dimensional. From the Mae Young Classic tournament, she was booked as the big, strong, dominant heel who slips on a banana peel against the smaller, quicker babyface. Those type of characters have their limitations and i dont buy her above a certain level. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
"Baszler carries herself and talks like a badass bully."

Nah, she sounds like a 13 year old boy. Every time she opens her mouth it undercuts her presence.

I mean, couldn't Vince have watched the tape and know that he was asking for trouble with her? Was her last TakeOver match with Mia which was absolutely the worst TakeOver match in history not enough? What about all the other matches? The only time Shayna had a really good match was with Kairi. Guess why that was.

And then you put her in there with Becky...yeah. Becky is better, but certainly not by enough to carry Shayna to a good match. Most of the time Becky needs someone to lead the dance.

What were they thinking? Doesn't this man pay attention to what happens in his own company?

Hopefully Shayna still goes to the main roster though. That title needs to go on Rhea ASAP.

·
Registered
287 Posts
And people actually said Becky will carry this match. LOL. Time and time again, it has been constantly proven that she needs to be carried in matches. I won't be surprised if they are building up to an Asuka feud or Charlotte Chapter 18995904 at this point.

It will always be the same - Asuka and Charlotte will be doing all the work, just like in TLC, while Becky will do the usual Bexploder, Disarm Her sequence. I just hope that this time, she doesn't botch a leg drop.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'd rather enjoy a return to the novelty of the traditional Survivor Series format. Problem is, there's an over-saturation of three-man and four-man tag team matches, hence, it doesn't feel unique anymore, but alas, I enjoyed the days when "survivor's" of teams qualified for the main event match.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,606 Posts
From the moment it was announced everyone knew it was going to suck, but pretended that ot wasn't going to because "it had Becky" and "Shayna is a badass" fpalm. Not sure why they went with it as the main event. And now they say that they even practiced the match and they ended up with THAT :heston

Of course it flopped, it had Becky 2 Star and Shayna the one trick pony in it. Any match where Bayley is the most athletic and has the most dynamic move set is automatically in trouble. They put 2 storytellers and Becky in what should've been a spot fest, in a main event slot they didn't deserve.
Meltzer star ratings for the match: 2 stars

:heston:heston:heston

·
Premium Member
16,728 Posts
I liked the match. It wasn't a great main event, for a survivor series themed PPV, where a survivor series themed match could have been the emphasis. But, it wasn't piss poor. Only underwhelming. Almost every main event on the big 4 PPVs are going to be bombed on from here on out because WWE has 7 hours of content the fans have to sit through before hand. You put this match mid show, 2nd or 3rd to last, and it would have been much better.

I blame Vince for placing the match last. I don't blame the wrestlers. You could have had better wrestlers in the same spot and likely gotten the same reactions from teh crowd.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Three way matches mostly suck and follow the same formula. The best women's workers are Asuka, Kairi, and Sasha on the main roster but they don't hold the main titles. The best wrestlers on NXT are Io and Storm but they don't hold the main title either. So what you get is an DUD. Shanya only works if you have her with a great wrestler.

That mania match sucked because Charlotte was shoehorned into the match. She should have been jobbing to Asuka.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Meltzer star ratings for the match: 2 stars

:heston:heston:heston
What about her rating for Hell in a Cell? Or Clash of Champions? or Summerslam? or Extreme Rules? etc

Weren't they all like 3+? Doesn't fit the narrative though eh? ;)

The match wasn't great anyway. Obviously it gives the Becky haters on here an excuse to continue pushing their narrative, but it's pretty clear she was far from the worst thing about that match. She was sat on the outside for about half the match. You do heel vs. heel with them both working slow in a PPV main event with a tired crowd and wonder why it wasn't good? The blame goes to whoever put the show together on this one. I said this wouldn't be good as soon as it was announced. Putting it on last was just dumb, and making Becky a non-factor in the match was even dumber.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Shayna's peak notoriety has already passed. Calling her up now is calling her up when she's already peaked as a character. Rhea and even Io are hotter than her now. She's champion yet she's the 3rd hottest woman on NXT. She's a cold champion at this point and every future match she works she'll get even colder.

Asking Bayley, who is a solid hand but doesn't have a 3rd gear, and Becky, whom we've discussed enough of over the past year, to carry Shayna is asking too much.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,322 Posts
I'd be a little nervous about my title reign if I was Bayley. Alexa is ready to go.

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Does anyone know whether the finish for the womens ME was the actual finish or a botch?
You mean with Ronda's shoulders going up and down like a yo-yo? I don't think that was the plan, she was squirming to make it look like she was trying to kick out, but Becky hadn't rotated all the way.

The triple threat at Survivor Series was atrocious, either the men's or women's tag matches should have headlined.

I don't see the appeal to Shayna at all. She doesn't have the star power of Ronda, she' mediocre at best in the ring and can't cut a promo to save her life. Rhea Ripley could easily replace her on NXT without skipping a beat.

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,025 Posts
The Main Event was boring, I'll be honest. Do I think it was awful? Definitely not. However compared to most of the other matches on the card, the pacing seemed way off and it just didn't feel like a Main Event.

Becky, Shayna, Bayley should have felt HUGE and it didn't, that was weird.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
The Main Event was boring, I'll be honest. Do I think it was awful? Definitely not. However compared to most of the other matches on the card, the pacing seemed way off and it just didn't feel like a Main Event.

Becky, Shayna, Bayley should have felt HUGE and it didn't, that was weird.
Bayley and Shayna just aren't stars. There's bigger stars on the brand that they are champion of.

Imagine Becky vs. Io vs. Sasha for example, that is a bigger match than this. Rhea Ripley is bigger than Shayna too.

Bayley has the excuse of terrible booking, but given the booking Shayna has received, she should be a bigger star than she is.

·
All good things must come to an end.
14,025 Posts
Bayley and Shayna just aren't stars. There's bigger stars on the brand that they are champion of.

Imagine Becky vs. Io vs. Sasha for example, that is a bigger match than this.
I've never been a huge Bayley fan, but I think Shayna has potential. She's intimidating and clearly has talent and can wrestle, but I do feel that her pace makes matches feel really slow. Sometimes it works, a lot of the times with her style it drags.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts