Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,826 Posts
not surprised, i don't think anyone really liked that match.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,000 Posts
Yeah the match definitely sucked. but I expected it to be bad from the minute it was announced so I was absolutely not surprised to see them stink the joint.

But LMAO at Vince expecting Shayna the women who probably never climbed the top rope in her life to deliver a high flying move.

When you get 3 slower wrestlers that almost never do any sort of exciting moves you have a recipe for disaster

·
C Mac G
5,963 Posts
The women have only delivered one time in the Main Event, and that was with Asuka in top billing as well. Every other time they have bombed.

Charlotte/Sasha HIAC was trash, First Women's rumble was pretty bad, Mania 34 was one of the worst wrestlemania main events ever, and now this match was one of the worst PPV main events of all time.

·
Baby Yoda
29,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The women have only delivered one time in the Main Event, and that was with Asuka in top billing as well. Every other time they have bombed.

Charlotte/Sasha HIAC was trash, First Women's rumble was pretty bad, Mania 34 was one of the worst wrestlemania main events ever, and now this match was one of the worst PPV main events of all time.
Dude they actually practiced the match a lot too fpalm

·
Asuka
96,473 Posts

Like I always say, you get rid of the babysitter and leave the kids unattended, they wreck the house.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,000 Posts

Not main roster but Sasha vs Bayley on Takeover Respect was given the main event spot and they absolutely killed it.

But yeah unfortunately most of the women main events on the Main roster didn't deliver (I disagree with you on the first women's rumble, I thought it was pretty good)

·
Registered
3,682 Posts

The mania main event is actually pretty underrated, absolutely no where near one of the worst of all time. Easily above every Roman main event except the first Brock one.

Trash finish though, botch or not everyone wanted to see Becky tap out Ronda, that's exactly what should've happened.

·
Asuka
96,473 Posts
I wouldn't know, I only watched the ending. Charlotte is garbage regardless.....but I know you're only saying this to piss me off like you always do, because anything I like is awful, or whatever, so I'm not taking the bait.

·
Baby Yoda
29,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wouldn't know, I only watched the ending. Charlotte is garbage regardless.....but I know you're only saying this to piss me off like you always do, because anything I like is awful, or whatever, so I'm not taking the bait.
Nah, I'm not. The match actually sucked, they were slow, sloppy and Charlotte no sold a lot. Like there was one point where Asuka kicked Charlotte flush in the head and Charlotte no sold it, hit a move and went for the pin without selling a thing.

·
C Mac G
5,963 Posts
The mania main event is actually pretty underrated, absolutely no where near one of the worst of all time. Easily above every Roman main event except the first Brock one.

Trash finish though, botch or not everyone wanted to see Becky tap out Ronda, that's exactly what should've happened.
When your barometer is "Better than Reigns main events", you know it's shit.

I thought Reigns/Taker and Reigns/Lesnar II were both better, but yeah, we are comparing some atrocious matches at this point.

·
Asuka
96,473 Posts
Nah, I'm not.
You do it all the time. You don't deserve to enjoy baby Yoda.

The match actually sucked, they were slow, sloppy and Charlotte no sold a lot. Like there was one point where Asuka kicked Charlotte flush in the head and Charlotte no sold it, hit a move and went for the pin without selling a thing.
Sounds like the problem is Charlotte throwing a fit because she was losing. Notice how whenever she wins, they have a great match. Coincidence, I'm sure.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
When your barometer is "Better than Reigns main events", you know it's shit.

I thought Reigns/Taker and Reigns/Lesnar II were both better, but yeah, we are comparing some atrocious matches at this point.
No, I even thought it was on par if not better than the WM32 triple threat with Sasha (the one everyone praised and called Match of the night).

I even watched it a second time just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I wasn't, still quite good. But ya know, it's women main eventing wrestlemaina for the first time ever at the end of a 7 hour show, if it wasn't some undisputed classic it was always gonna be ridiculed.

Survivor Series though, yeah that matched sucked, and there wasn't even a big reason for it main-eventing either. No big story or historic moment, just a match.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,284 Posts
Of course it flopped, it had Becky 2 Star and Shayna the one trick pony in it. Any match where Bayley is the most athletic and has the most dynamic move set is automatically in trouble. They put 2 storytellers and Becky in what should've been a spot fest, in a main event slot they didn't deserve.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts