Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Yesterday afternoon, the official Twitter account of the MLB posted a photo of a title belt which is pretty much a rip-off of the current WWE title, saying that Max Scherzer and Clayton Kershaw won the 2013 American League Cy Young Awards for the American League and National League respectively.

The title has the Cy Young Award as the main plate, a photo of each winner on the left side plate, and the logo of their respective team as the right side plate.

The post prompted a reply from WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon, who most likely didn’t appreciate the Major League Baseball totally ripping off their title belt.

“@WWE will send the real thing to @MLB Cy Young Awards winners @Max_Scherzer and @ClaytonKersh22,” wrote McMahon, attaching a photo of the WWE title which has Randy Orton’s side plates at the top and the MLB version of the title at the bottom for comparison.

You can see the image McMahon posted below.

Woah shit ... this is a total rip off of the title lol

Source : http://www.wrestling-online.com/wwe/vince-mcmahon-to-send-replica-wwe-titles-to-mlb-award-winners/

·
18,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Vince McMahon to send replica WWE titles to MLB award winners

Yeah total rip off but i'm wondering does Vince use twitter or did one of his pawns happen to see this and tell him.
Not a clue, I can't see why people would think Vince wouldn't use it though, just because he's busy and all that doesn't mean he can't send out a tweet ... but it still may, or may not have been him I agree, though he would have at least given the go ahead lol

·
Registered
979 Posts
Re: Vince to send replica titles to MLB award winners (They've ripped off WWE title)

HAHAHAHA :lol

nice one Vince! That is so blatantly a rip off its just sad.

·
18,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Vince to send replica titles to MLB award winners (They've ripped off WWE title)

HAHAHAHA :lol

nice one Vince! That is so blatantly a rip off its just sad.
They're more identical than The Bella Twins lol

·
Registered
6,361 Posts

Seems a problem on the belt manufacturers side. Either one copied from another, or they have the same manufacturer and used some standard design. Maybe both WWE/MLB were too cheap to pay for real custom-made belts. :p

·
18,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Even the hand holding the baseball and the two little spikes at the side kinda resemble the WWE logo lol

Every single thing is the same, the diamonds, studs, shape .. everything lol

I mean, if you're going to copy something at least make it look a little bit less obvious lol

·
18,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Vince McMahon to send replica WWE titles to MLB award winners

Doubt it.

I think he prefers using the WWE App more than anything. :vince2
haha, yeah, he does have a bit of love for the app doesn't he lol

·
Registered
2,464 Posts

Why would they want a wwe title with the logo of a company they have nothing to do with? I'd much rather have a custom one. The kershaw one is better btw.

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts

How flattering. Honestly did not see this coming with all the insistence about how non-mainstream WWE is... anyway :lol

·
18,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Well being in the UK I have no idea about MLB, however seeing this I thought was just unreal, in regards to how identical it was to say the least lol

·
Follow The Buzzards
2,975 Posts

I find this very amusing.

·
18,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I wonder if they'll give a reaction lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.