Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Being What's Best For Business
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were any of you guys also disappointed that Vince was the Greater Power? I know that made him even more hated but it was a big letdown and kinda put a damper on the story. Made Taker just look like VInce's lackey instead of the badass the Ministry Taker could have been fully.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Holy sheet i was just randomly thinking about this the other day. Great minds...

Yea i was disappointed.

I was expecting the higher power to continue the over the top mythical theme or whatever you wanna call it.

Having Vince be the leader just turned the Ministry back into the Corporation.

Good times though.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
The Jackyl (Don Callis) was apparently supposed to be the "Higher Power". He was already known for brainwashing several superstars into "following" him. Also he'd promise to become the leader of the WWF and in pre-aired vignettes he would claim "the revolution of The Jackyl is coming".

He was then fired from WWF so the next logical person was Mr McMahon himself.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I wasn't watching at the time, but I do consider it to be a shitty booking decision. Like someone else said, it took a lot away from Taker, this put him in the background while Taker was red hot as the evil Ministry leader. The reactions he was getting from fans was insane. They obviously knew it was make believe but Taker was so damn good at being the evil lord, he pulled it off so good. He was fuckin awesome.

·
OG3
3,387 Posts
The Jackyl (Don Callis) was apparently supposed to be the "Higher Power". He was already known for brainwashing several superstars into "following" him. Also he'd promise to become the leader of the WWF and in pre-aired vignettes he would claim "the revolution of The Jackyl is coming".

He was then fired from WWF so the next logical person was Mr McMahon himself.
i heard it was gona be jake the snake

i didnt have a problem with it. it made vince seems even more evil

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I actually wasn't disappointed at all. My thoughts were similar to JR's at the time, "AWWW, SON OF A BITCH!".

You know what would've REALLY been disappointing? They reveal who it is, and it's some nameless rookie WWE decided to push for awhile (aka some shit you'd see nowadays).

Yeah, imagine the alternative. Vince being the higher power was far, FAR from being anywhere close to the worst thing that could've happened. Vince was always a great heel.

Though I can tell a lot of people who were pissed about that were Taker fans. I kinda wasn't, so maybe that's why it didn't bug me at all.

The Corporate Ministry Days were fun though.

Reactions: austin316 G.O.A.T

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I remember reading that it was supposed to be Jake Roberts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts