Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Re: Vince still wants only american champions.

Jinder and Nia aren't american.

Reactions: Xobeh

·
Registered
601 Posts

And after we thought we will have 2 Japanese champs they both lost.
any thoughts? I am personally annoyed .

and don't talk about jinder ..
Who actually thought AJ was losing? :hmmm

Also while those 2 non-Americans didn't win. Jinder did win and he's not an American. Nia Jax was born in Australia. Sheamus and Cesaro have had a longer reign as tag Champs neither are American. Balor was his first Universal Champ, not American. Owens was his 2nd Universal Champ, also not American. Roode a recent US champ, also not American.... etc.

It really seems to me you are just seeing what you want to see.

·
Registered
22,331 Posts

Nakamura needs to go back to New Japan

the matches are better anyway...for those that actually like wrestling.

WWE is not mainstream anymore so he won't be missing anything leaving.
he'll be. missing a fuck ton NJPW can't even get more traffic than the SDL thread on a hardcore fan site

·
Banned
1,140 Posts

he'll be. missing a fuck ton NJPW can't even get more traffic than the SDL thread on a hardcore fan site
I concur for a company that’s not mainstream ESPN has covered Mania. Too bad the same can’t be said about NJPW main show of the year.

·
Registered
22,331 Posts

I concur for a company that’s not mainstream ESPN has covered Mania. Too bad the same can’t be said about NJPW main show of the year.
It's not even about ESPN and stuff. It's just the fact NJPW can't even get it's own forum on wrestling sites or get wrestling reviewers on YouTube to cover it consistently that kind of makes the "this is what real fans love" fall flat

·
Banned
1,140 Posts

It's not even about ESPN and stuff. It's just the fact NJPW can't even get it's own forum on wrestling sites or get wrestling reviewers on YouTube to cover it consistently that kind of makes the "this is what real fans love" fall flat
I call that out a month ago about them not having their own forum and got banned for baiting for speaking about it on a post in this section when their fans constantly blast the WWE product and nothing is said. Gotta love the double standards and politics around here.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,411 Posts
I wouldn't give up hope for Nakamura yet. He put up a good fight and refused to be humbled by just taking the loss. WWE protected Shinsuke in defeat and showed us a different side of him. That tells me he's still going to be a key player going forward.

Asuka wasn't so fortunate. When you consider all the hype and the fact that they spent years building this woman, Charlotte beat her pretty damn easily. Took barely 13 minutes and she did it with one arm too. Pretty sure the commentators were even talking about how the submission was weak due to said arm. That post match bit too, yikes. Certainly didn't get the feeling that WWE intended to continue pushing Asuka. Maybe Kairi will be the big Japanese star for the women's division instead.

·
Registered
22,331 Posts

I call that out a month ago about them not having their own forum and got banned for baiting for speaking about it on a post in this section when their fans constantly blast the WWE product and nothing is said. Gotta love the double standards and politics around here.
That's because it's not a popular opinion. It's similar to why endless " aren't Reigns/Cena/HHH/McMahons terrible" threads can be made and when folk that dislike Bryan for whatever reason make threads legit or ridiculous are shut down. But stuff like AJ and Nakamura just shows how much certain fans really care about the things they claim to love

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
and don't talk about jinder ..
Why not? It contradicts your claim.

I'm also upset about Asuka's loss but I doubt it's a bias against people who aren't Americans. A big difference between them is Jinder can cut decent promos. Asuka and Nakamura can't really. Maybe that's what the problem is, not their ethnicity. I hope Nakamura's heel turn gives his character some much needed velocity. He won't need to be good at promos if his character is more intense and threatening.

Asuka's streak should not have ended though. It was a great match but an underwhelming finish.

·
Asuka
96,550 Posts
I wouldn't give up hope for Nakamura yet. He put up a good fight and refused to be humbled by just taking the loss. WWE protected Shinsuke in defeat and showed us a different side of him. That tells me he's still going to be a key player going forward.

Asuka wasn't so fortunate. When you consider all the hype and the fact that they spent years building this woman, Charlotte beat her pretty damn easily. Took barely 13 minutes and she did it with one arm too. Pretty sure the commentators were even talking about how the submission was weak due to said arm. That post match bit too, yikes. Certainly didn't get the feeling that WWE intended to continue pushing Asuka. Maybe Kairi will be the big Japanese star for the women's division instead.
The thing I don't understand is why that's even the case. He's horrible and lazy, and she's great and works hard. I thought Vince was supposed to hate laziness, since that was the whole excuse for why Dean Ambrose couldn't be pushed, but I guess we know better now.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts