Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though TNA has a lot of shit going on,it doesn't hide the fact Ric Flair still has loads to offer mainstream wrestling.I mean in an onscreen management role.

He needed to earn major cash,so they could have allowed him to work tours,conventions etc.But they shouldn't have given TNA the chance to sign him.Randy Orton and Batista have both said he played a huge part in preparing them for the "big time".

What if they had revived the Horsemen on Smackdown,with Ric in the JJ Dillon role.The faction would consist of Swagger,McIntyre,Rhodes and Ziggler; 4 men not quite "there".Flair as their mouthpiece and backstage mentor could have been the key.

·
Registered
919 Posts
WWE had their chance and didn't use him properly. Now Flair is off to bigger and better things.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Now Flair is off to bigger and better things.
That's not quite how I'd describe TNA. fpalm :lmao

Flair got the greatest sendoff in wrestling history. WWE did no wrong, and Flair did no wrong. TNA offered him more cash, so that's where he went. No evil, just economics.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
WWE had their chance and didn't use him properly. Now Flair is off to bigger and better things.
Looking at your username and the stupidity of your comment, I almost think you are actually Jeff Jarrett.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
If the WWE wasn't gonna let him comeback and wrestle, he wasn't gonna stick around. I don't have a problem with Flair wrestling occasionally, because he can still put on a good match.

The only thing I'd stop him from doing is blading 5 seconds into every match.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I miss old school heel managers.

Imagine flair jumping up and down outside the ring, like Cornette used to do with his tennis racket :D

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I miss old school heel managers.

Imagine flair jumping up and down outside the ring, like Cornette used to do with his tennis racket :D
then he would wipe the sweat off his forehead from jumping and cut his face open with his cufflinks. god forbid a kid spits on him, he'd prolly rip a hole in his stomach and bleed out

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I wouldn't have minded if he went back to a role like he had in Evolution. As a heel manager and maybe get in the ring every once in a blue moon.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Flair should have stayed, but I don't think he wanted to stay in WWE because they wouldn't let him wrestle ever again and he wanted to do more than just be a manager in WWE.

Though it would have been cool to see Flair as a manager for someone because we saw what he did with guys like Orton,Batista,HHH in evolution.

Imagine Flair being incharge of Nexus like he is for Fortune.

·
WF's Real Bad Guy
1,938 Posts
TNA is not bigger and better than WWE, idiot.

Who cares, HBK shoulda stayed longer also tbh.
Honestly Flair is off doing better things. His last WWE run was tame as hell and honestly when I want to watch Ric Flair I want him as a character totally not cut down/tame version.

Ric Flair has been one of the most entertaining characters in wrestling in 2010. Yeah he may have ruined the best wrestling send off ever. But at least he's helping the future of the business out. while continuing to be the Ric flair that I remembered from my child hood.

·
Registered
287 Posts
:lmao:lmao:lmao
Fucking hilarious.

As for Flair, he's a bit of a joke these days to be honest. WWE gave him probably the best send-off of all time, they even posted footage on WWE.com of The Undertaker breaking kayfabe to congratulate him FFS, then he goes and shits all over that by wrestling in TNA, he's ruined his legacy IMO. As for him blaming his money problems due to his ex-wives or whatever the fuck, that's pathetic. Anyone making the sort of money he would have been should be set for life, all it takes is a few good investments (property, stocks, businesses) and you've got multiple sources of passive income until the day you die. Anyway, I don't understand why he couldn't have just taken up a purely managerial role, instead of shitting all over his send-off.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Perro congratulations, you getting rep for that, my reaction to that comment exactly.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Yes, now he is in the biggest, most successful wrestling company in the world. WWE wishes they have ratings as high as TNA. Maybe WWE could take a few pointers to figgure out how to have fans flock to their events without having to give away tickets every week.

I am pretty sure that there are only about a few rows worth of people on RAW in the RAW zone, while TNA fills major venues every single week. But I may just be delusional.

·
Lose for Hughes!
3,802 Posts
I may be in the minority but I haven't enjoyed any of Flair's wrestling since '95 during his great feuds with Hogan & Savage before the NWO arrived in WCW.

Vince & WWE surprised with me the amazing send-off that they gave Flair for his "retirement". His match @ WM against HBK will always remain a classic for years to come. I honestly think the match would have much more meaning if it was actually Flair's last match.

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
TNA is not bigger and better than WWE, idiot.

Who cares, HBK shoulda stayed longer also tbh.
Yeah any smart person would realize that he went to TNA because he needed the money and WWE believed that he wasn't worth it anymore. He has every right to do whatever he wants though, so nobody should be shitting on Naitch.

Gotta love the people though that are butthurt still claiming "OMGZZ HE RUINED HIS LEGACY" or "WWE gave him the greatest sendoff"...who cares honestly. I don't remember people bitching when Flair came back to confront Orton/Jericho after he retired or participating at WM25. He can do whatever the hell he wants, and if he wants to still wrestle in any company...power to him. Plus if you've actually paid attention to Flair in 2010, he's probably still one of the best on the mic and his segments are always gold. Also in recent interviews, he's said he's happy in TNA and other stuff....

Long live Ric Flair! WOOOOOOO :side:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts