Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Its really not always the writing. Mcintyre laughed at himself because he couldnt take himself seriously enough last week on Raw. Thats his problem not the writers in that case. In Wyatts case it does seem like the shit writing is mainly affecting him negatively. Great charisma, great acting skills but has to succumb to the shitty firefly funhouse skits. Its a real shame that WWEs writing team doesnt strive for greatness. I do see a moment of inspiration here and there Randy Orton and Edges feud being one of them, but i honestly think myself and alot of people on this forum could write better than what wwe is doing. But i guess they got to have palatable material for all the 6 year old viewers watching at 10pm i guess.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I think McIntyre has been booked really well, he always wins, hasn't lost in months, he's funny and entertaining, can quip a joke while still looking badass, he's the most enjoyable champion in general I've seen in a while.

·
Mr Big Shot
91 Posts
Russo is right about Wyatt. When and how he lost to goldberg was unforgivable and in my opinion it killed the fiend. Similar to how Orton beat Wyatt at wrestlemania.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I know it's Vince Russo, but he's not wrong. Anyone who has paid attention attention to WWE in the last several years has known this for a long time. But I'd not trust him to improve WWE's writing either. Russo is kind of a one trick pony. He has never been a good writer. His stuff only worked in the Attitude Era because it went perfectly hand-in-hand with the shock value direction WWF was going in at the time.

Also, why does Russo use the word "bro" so much? That just sounds so odd coming from a middle aged man. Sounds like an old man trying to act cool in front of young people.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Every single superstar for the last 10 years has been suffering at the hands of bad writing. I'd say not long after CM Punks MITB shenanagins was when it was last intriguing.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts