Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
This one could go under Classic Wrestling or General WWE discussion I guess.

Vince Russo says he reached out to Vince McMahon over the last week about contributing to the WWE product again, and he said McMahon got back to him.

Often outspoken, Russo has criticized the current WWE product for years. According to Russo, the exchange between the two was brief.

"I am still a wrestling fan at heart, going back to when I was 10, 11 years old. I hate today's product. To me, it's not professional wrestling,".Russo said.."I don't want to be the guy critiquing the problem without saying 'Here's my olive branch, I think I can help you as the numbers go down every week.' I didn't use the word help. You don't tell Vince McMahon he needs help. I said 'if you want me to contribute, I'd love to once again contribute.'"

When asked if McMahon seemed open to the idea, or receptive, Russo indicated that McMahon isn't a big talker -- with him at least..

"Vince never seems receptive. His response is always a couple of words. He's not that guy. He's the same guy that told me I could get a nanny (to raise) your kids," said Russo.

Link is here:

http://www.fightful.com/vince-russo-says-he-s-reached-out-vince-mcmahon-past-week

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know the first time around, and granted Vince was younger and less senile back then, the two worked well in that Russo came up with ideas (not all of them, but a lot of them) and McMahon would edit and oversee him, unlike in WCW where Russo was allowed to go buck wild and didn't succeed. So who knows maybe that dynamic would work again but given Stephanie and Triple H's involvement in the company, I don't see it happening. Hunter wants to be surrounded by his own people which is common during the transitional period of any business.

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,398 Posts
All they gotta do is drop the scripts for a few weeks. See what works and what doesn't. It's not like they care about bad ratings.

Reactions: Even Flow

·
Registered
583 Posts
With any luck, this should be the final nail in the coffin for the company.

I just read the article myself, LMAO...Russo, a fan of wrestling? He's a wannabe Quentin Tarantino, only with not so much as a fraction of the talent and twice the conceit, takes credit for the Attitude era despite the fact that he was also responsible for some of the AE's worst moments and story lines, not to mention he had fucking MEGA STAR quality in Stone Cold, The Rock, Undertaker, Mick Foley, Kurt Angle, etc.

The guy's a washed up, trashy, atypical New York scumbag, who writes as if he's on the creative team for Jerry Springer or Maury, as opposed to an actual "WRESTLING" program!

While I don't outright despise the AE era, it def isn't as good as people remember it as, and a big part of that is because of people like Vince Russo, however that's all the more reason to bring him back. Let's just see how much worse the show can get before it finally goes belly up, I'll bring the popcorn!!!

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
As insane and stupid as a lot of Russos stuff was, the guy at least always seemed to be trying. And while WCW in 2000 was many things, you couldnt accuse Nitro of being dull and uneventful like Raw has been for years.

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
So the owner of Fightful.com is a registered user on this board. Who knew? Lol

I don't see the issue, it's worth a shot. The synergy between both Vince's was always good, and I can see them bringing in Russo as a consultant or in an agent role where he can help develop characters ether on the main shows or at the PC. I seriously doubt he'd be a full-time writer again. The creative team is so big now and he would only work in that capacity if he was given the freedom to develop his storylines without much interference.

It's a different time, but Russo is a proven success as a writer. The ratings under his pen speak for themselves. I'd at least give him an opportunity and explore what he can bring to the table in 2017. It can't be any worse than the creative now.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Outspoken Russo beats out any hollywood writer#.

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
13,010 Posts
Nobody here that I know of don't want russo back on WWEtv except for person. I won't namedrop due to the respect I have with dude.

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
Honestly, as long as there is some provision that he can’t touch the women’s division, why the hell not at this point.

Smackdown had a good run of storytelling last year and while WWE has done some good stories recently like Jericho vs. Owens or the Bray/Orton relationship, it hasn’t been consistent for a long time.

At this point, I don’t see the harm in it as long he doesn't have complete control.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts