Matt Conway once the direction
has been mapped out by
Prichard, who also signs off on
the scripts.
Source: prowrestling .net

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
so in other words he still writes the shows? Dixie needs to man the fuck up and fire him. changing his job title while he's essentially doing the same thing means absolutely nothing.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
This is good- Russo is a fine 'writer'. it is his booking ideas and creative direction of the product which sucks. If prtichard is coming up with the overall show direction now, and russo can't just be flipping people face/heel all the time for no reason, and randomly changing direction anymore, then he probably would turn from a liability to an asset.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
So in other words if this is true Russo's in the same position he was in when Jarrett was the head booker. We saw how well that worked out so not much if anything will change.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
So in other words if this is true Russo's in the same position he was in when Jarrett was the head booker. We saw how well that worked out so not much if anything will change.
Depends if Bruce would allow Russo's favourite shit under Jarrett like Rat on a Pole, Electric Steel Cage and everything else.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Look forward to seeing how this progresses in the next few months. If the past few weeks have been the start of this change then I'm a happy viewer atm.

It's been needed for a while now.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I love it The change we've all been crowing for since Russo even booked his first show back, the change we've been crowing for when blaming things on the show squarely on Russo when reportedly he had nothing to do with those segments, and the change we've been crowing for even when the guy gave us stuff we enjoyed but never gave him the credit for it now the Change has finally happened and we all still bitch.

Everyone always said Russo has good ideas but needs a filter well now he has a filter and yet we still bitch.

The shows overall have been better lately but already we knock the system.

I say good, I never wanted Russo fired, I just wanted a change to the system as the current system just wasn't working.

Now with uncle Bruce in charge laying out overall direction and cards with Russo offering up his ideas to build with Bruce giving the thumbs up or thumbs down to the overall scripts this COULD work. We've already seen overall positive results.

Bruce may be political but he has more years clocked in on WWE creative and as a guy by McMahon's side than almost anyone.

I welcome the change.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
OK, that explains it. I was wondering why the whole Bobby Roode booking over the past few weeks has made sense.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Judging by last few shows, I guess Russo still writes stuff for the X and Knockouts division, lol. Roode/Angle/Fortune storyline sounds too good to be made by Russo.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
im hoping the improved impacts the past few weeks have been a result of this and it will continue past bound for glory . im also hoping that pritchard has enough brains to realize that the younger guys need to be elevated and pushed into the spotlight for tna to really grow .

·
Registered
945 Posts
Some of you are missing the point. This is great news!

Russo is there, but he has a filter now. They finally have someone to shoot down his bad ideas.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
TNA will never do right in the mind of ...uhhh... Tna 'fans.' For so many years, TNA fans insist on TNA is being held back by Vince Russo being head of creative. Now that he's been demoted to now a FILTER and things go through someone else (and things actually making sense on T.V the past few weeks) people still say "meh, doesn't matter." TNA fans are like bloody girlfriends. CONSTANTLY on the rag.

This is a good move.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts