Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
460 Posts
He really was one of the great heels of wrestling, and one of the best promos in the business. His feud with Ric Flair in 2000 was golden, full of amazing moments. I'm pretty sure a lot of the flack Russo gets eminates from the fact he was such a great heel character back in the day

·
Banned
4,704 Posts
A distinctive voice, talented on the mic, charismatic, can draw heat, stays on topic, sells a feud. He is really amazing on the mic.
You will never hear nonsense like loooooooooser or Star Wars coming out of his mouth, yet that clown is the face of the company. He can work perfect as a manager for someone who is talented but lacks mic skills

·
Banned
4,704 Posts
Not really.
Nope. He was known as the headwriter of the Attitude Era who was very popular among the IWC at that time and it happened before he and David Arquette became champions so you can't say it was X-Pac heat so the only reason why he was booed is because he was such a great heel. No ownder, he attacked constantly the wrestling legend Ric Flair with a bat, shaved his head and brainwashed his son David

·
Registered
400 Posts
Excellent heel and excellent mic work in WCW's dying days

·
Banned
8,266 Posts
Surprised at the love here. Most fans on other boards I visit just know what WWE has told them about Russo.

Yes, he was a great heel and that's why he made himself a TV character. In 2000 not a lot of guys were getting more heat than Russo. He is annoying and obnoxious on screen and that made him great.

I remember the crowd popping huge when Goldberg speared him through the cage in late 2000.

·
Banned
663 Posts

·
Banned
4,704 Posts
And what has a video where Russo doesn't speak one single word to do with the mic skills of Russo?
I swear someone would ask a question where Vince Russo was born and someone would still post the video of Goldberg refusing to follow the scriptfpalm

·
Banned
663 Posts
And what has a video where Russo doesn't speak one single word to do with the mic skills of Russo?
I swear someone would ask a question where Vince Russo was born and someone would still post the video of Goldberg refusing to follow the scriptfpalm
That's one of the reasons why nobody can take him seriously anymore. Do you really expect people to respect someone who came up with that shit? (and that's not even his worst contribution to wrestling)

Yes, the guy has done some good things but even a broken clock is right two times a day. He ruined the little credibility he had left in his last TNA run, so just let it go and accept that Russo is done and he's never coming back.

·
Banned
4,704 Posts
That's one of the reasons why nobody can take him seriously anymore. Do you really expect people to respect someone who came up with that shit? (and that's not even his worst contribution to wrestling)

Yes, the guy has done some good things but even a broken clock is right two times a day. He ruined the little credibility he had left in his last TNA run, so just let it go and accept that Russo is done and he's never coming back.
Taking someone serious or not has nothing to do with mic skills. Also respecting someone has also nothing to do if he is talented on the mic or not.
That's like saying Shawn Michaels had no charisma and terrible mic skills in the 90s because he was such an asshole. If he was a born again Christian in the late nineties he would have better mic skills.

You failed with your video and then you embarrass yourself even more by coming up with TNA and how he will never come back that still has nothing to do with his mic skills, the actual topic of this thread. Your diarrhea of a post makes sense like saying the Austin 3:16 promo wasn't impressive because Austin was physically abusive towards Debra and you don't even realize that
You failed, go away

·
Registered
292 Posts
RUSSO'S GOAT MIC SKILLS

Reactions: DualShock

·
Banned
4,704 Posts
Or the end "if it wasn't for Vince Russo you be changing his diaper":lmao
The whole video is funny just like the rest of his promos because Russo always manages to combine humour and truth. Everything he said in this video is true but he manages to make it a big show. John Cena wishes he was at least 10 percent funny and entertaining as Vince Russo

·
Banned
663 Posts
Taking someone serious or not has nothing to do with mic skills. Also respecting someone has also nothing to do if he is talented on the mic or not.
That's like saying Shawn Michaels had no charisma and terrible mic skills in the 90s because he was such an asshole. If he was a born again Christian in the late nineties he would have better mic skills.

You failed with your video and then you embarrass yourself even more by coming up with TNA and how he will never come back that still has nothing to do with his mic skills, the actual topic of this thread. Your diarrhea of a post makes sense like saying the Austin 3:16 promo wasn't impressive because Austin was physically abusive towards Debra and you don't even realize that
You failed, go away
Seems like you have trouble understanding written content, which, coming from a Russo mark, isn't particularly surprising. Do you understand the difference between someone's personal life and professional career? One does not affect the other.

Your posts make it sound as if Vince Russo is some unfairly vilified genius when there's overwhelming evidence of the opposite, the video I posted being just one of the many possible examples. Him being decent on the mic is not enough to negate his hazardous contributions to professional wrestling and therefore he isn't worthy of the praise you contrarian marks love to heap upon him.

The only person embarrassing himself here is none other than yourself with your ridiculous markish love for that idiotic half-hit-wonder.

I shouldn't even be replying to you given you're obviously someone who posts simply to provoke people.

Reactions: Guy LeDouche

·
Banned
4,704 Posts
Seems like you have trouble understanding written content, which, coming from a Russo mark, isn't particularly surprising. Do you understand the difference between someone's personal life and professional career? One does not affect the other.

Your posts make it sound as if Vince Russo is some unfairly vilified genius when there's overwhelming evidence of the opposite, the video I posted being just one of the many possible examples. Him being decent on the mic is not enough to negate his hazardous contributions to professional wrestling and therefore he isn't worthy of the praise you contrarian marks love to heap upon him.

The only person embarrassing himself here is none other than yourself with your ridiculous markish love for that idiotic half-hit-wonder.

I shouldn't even be replying to you given you're obviously someone who posts simply to provoke people.
You still don't get it and your "I shouldn't reply to guys like you but I do it anyway" reply is obvious that you failed and now you try to save face.

Him being a half-hit wonder, his contributions being hazardous or that the "Goldberg refuses to follow the script" is another example why he sucks is your opinion but that still doesn't change the fact that it has nothing to do with this topic and that you fail hard.

If your opinion is that Vince Russo is not some unfairly vilified genius because there's overwhelming evidence of the opposite you can gladly make a thread about it or post in the threads about him that already exist but stop making a doofus of yourself by defending the mistake that you posted a video that had nothing to do with the topic.

Even if you're right (but you're not) and Russo is the worst guy in the business that still doesn't mean that he has to be someone with terrible mic skills. Vince McMahon is the devil in the eyes of most people who ruined careers and wrestling promotions but he has excellent mic skills.
But I guess you will come up with more nonsense posting about Russo's time in WWE, WCW and TNA that has absolutely nothing to do with his mic skills and this topic because you can't accept that you failed

Nevertheless, let's post more about Russo's excellent mic skills.
Russo's hairstyle in this video > napalmdestruction's posts in this thread :russo

·
Premium Member
8,250 Posts
Not gonna deny Russo has had some gold material on the mic but I find it hilarious that in general Russo marks bash CM Punk claiming all he does or can do well is shoot yet BY FAR Russo's best work on the microphone is when he is doing a shoot promo.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts