Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
22,856 Posts
He wasn't ready for the spot they were putting him in. This is a guy that for now just needs to be on the undercard, picking up wins, and getting some time in front of main roster fans before he's thrusted into that spot again.

Maybe pair him with Rey, they were teasing that before Survivor Series.

·
Southern Pride
2,893 Posts
Another speculative report from the Wrestling Observer.

All that I know is that this is what Vince does and so it's probably actually happening with Humberto. Vince sees someone that he likes, pushes them like a rocket toward one particular feud and then gives up on them after because he doesn't think long term.

Just like with Lacey Evans, Humberto needed time to gain experience with others and improve in a few key things in a slow build rather than pushing him toward a championship instantly and then dropping him.

When they had Humberto talk significantly with the Street Profits that one week, I knew that wasn't helping Humberto.

Mysterio wont be around forever. He is nearly twice the age of Humberto.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
They're all correct. Besides, they've revitalized Rey for the latino market anyway.
But to go so hard in the kid, I mean he's barely settled in. Plus, I don't think he should just be there for "the Latino market", that's a pigeonhole based on his race. The guy's got all the talent in the world, youth, willingness, he's even got some noticeable charisma, but everyone would rather chop his head off and call him obsolete. It's rather extreme. What are people becoming around here?

I think he should just be sent back to NXT, that's all. I don't think he fits RAW's atmosphere. This is the kind of guy who'd do well on the North American belt scene right now, or the Cruiserweight scene with Lio Rush which is starting to get interesting again.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
If you actually listen to the podcast this was just speculation on the part of the host. It's no more reliable than anyone on this forum.

·
None. More. Hated.
5,272 Posts
But to go so hard in the kid, I mean he's barely settled in. Plus, I don't think he should just be there for "the Latino market", that's a pigeonhole based on his race. The guy's got all the talent in the world, youth, willingness, he's even got some noticeable charisma, but everyone would rather chop his head off and call him obsolete. It's rather extreme. What are people becoming around here?

I think he should just be sent back to NXT, that's all. I don't think he fits RAW's atmosphere. This is the kind of guy who'd do well on the North American belt scene right now, or the Cruiserweight scene with Lio Rush which is starting to get interesting again.
What charisma?

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,198 Posts
That is what happens when you don't slowly build guys up. Give them debut packages and promotion on why the fans should care about the talents. Instead they rushed into a match against top talent and feud with a former United States Champion. This is the few reasons why no one will get over in this company. Lazy, none thought, rushing and expecting things to click with the fans in one night to a few weeks.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
I somewhat gave WWE credit for making Rhea Ripley and Keith Lee look like future superstars last weekend and then I remember why it doesn't matter if they do it or not.

Whatever.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
To anybody who ever says that being in the ring with name your favorite overpushed wrestler can help someones career, allow me to direct you to HUmberto

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,809 Posts
Can someone explain why the fuck anyone thought this guy was going to get far? He was boring all around, I am failing to understand why he would even get a push in the first place. I can't see what anyone saw that would entice them to push this guy whatsoever.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
Can someone explain why the fuck anyone thought this guy was going to get far? He was boring all around, I am failing to understand why he would even get a push in the first place. I can't see what anyone saw that would entice them to push this guy whatsoever.
Being boring is the hallmark of a WWE main eventer, tbh. It's a rare exception that breaks the mold.

Vince wanted a new Rey Mysterio, so he wanted Carrillo to be that guy, he beat him every week, decided he wasn't getting over and that was it. Because.....Vince. :mj4

·
The Babyface of WF
10,804 Posts
Vinnie not liking someone personally is more of the problem not so much the crowd reactions, Someone gets over that he doesn't want to push he cools them off.

Gotta get that love from the boss.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
Look, Vince either likes you or he doesn't. If he likes you he will give you multiple chances and lots of rope. If he doesn't, then forget it. It has nothing to do with someone not getting over.

they had the same thought I did. "I wonder why Rey won the US title over Carillo?". But, then lies and adds "rumors", "speculated" to it.

One could easily see why Rey was the one to win the US title. They needed someone credible to end a fairly stale AJ reign and Rey was the best face candidate available.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts