Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrestling Observer:

Vince is done with Humberto Carrillo for the time being. He’s giving him the ‘Cedric Alexander.’ Like you’re still gonna see him on TV. I’m sure he’s gonna win here and there, but like it’s exactly like Cedric Alexander. He got a few weeks, Vince thought he wasn’t getting over, so he’s just — he’s done.”
Man that was quick, if true. As for Cedric never cared for him. Same with Buddy, boring guy also.

·
Registered
10,584 Posts
Probably locked in for five more years anyways. Sucks to be him. He's so slick in the ring, he could be a star anywhere else. But in WWE if you don't impress one person in a couple weeks of a "push" you are shit out of luck.

Luckily for him he's likely back on NXT sooner than later with the CW title going there.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The guys from The Observer are saying that because he didn't get a lot of victory's fans were not invested in the character and I'm thinking maybe Heyman wanted fans to sympathize with him and Vince didn't see that so he called it quits and called the curtain pool so I guess this is one example where Vince McMahon does override Paul Heyman

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Seems pretty premature. He's been on TV for like a month. Can't really expect him to be an overnight sensation. Vince had way too much expectation of him.
I guess Vince doesn't have GAS.

·
Listen to me, When the times comes, you gotta run
527 Posts
This is the biggest problem with WWE, they do not let talent grow organically from the lower card, to the midcard and then eventually into a main event level role.

Instead Vicne and creative just wake up and seemingly take a random worker and give him a random push then act all shocked when the random guy is not over when the audience has no time to see him grow and then Vince gets bored and they are stuck in jobber hell for the rest of time

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,667 Posts
The problem for these guys: there were so many cruiserweight called to the main roster at once, that a few of them just have to fail.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,280 Posts
This is the biggest problem with WWE, they do not let talent grow organically from the lower card, to the midcard and then eventually into a main event level role.

Instead Vicne and creative just wake up and seemingly take a random worker and give him a random push then act all shocked when the random guy is not over when the audience has no time to see him grow and then Vince gets bored and they are stuck in jobber hell for the rest of time
They really haven't given fans a reason to care about Humberto, he hasn't been given any vignettes, no backstory, he's said like 4 total sentences in backstage interviews, he has 0 big wins, what is there for fans to invest in besides his kewl muvez?

I say this as a big fan of his kewl muvez.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
No shit he aint over..I mean how the hell can he when he can't buy himself a win and has repeatedly been only losing..Why the hell should the fans care for him anyway when his booking is that of a jobber.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
What exactly did they do to help him get over? He smiled a lot and that was the extent of all the character development they gave him. Being completely unfamiliar with him he showed no personality or character traits that would make us buy into him and want to see him perform. Was he capable in the ring? Sure, he seemed like it, but so is half the roster. There was nothing to make us rally to see him over anyone else.

·
Premium Member
16,602 Posts
It's wrestling observer. It's what a fan thinks. Not news. Not a leak. Not a rumour.

they had the same thought I did. "I wonder why Rey won the US title over Carillo?". But, then lies and adds "rumors", "speculated" to it.

They're not done his push. This is a false report.

·
TAFKA KroKro
2,655 Posts
Humberto failing doesn't surprise me. He got no accolades, he wasn't given any relevant screen time other than "this guy is talented! whoa please like him guys" so I have no idea what they expected. Not everyone is going to magically become a megastar. Humberto probably wasn't going to become one, sure, but... they have to actually invest in the guy to get him over. WWE is funny, they either give 0 fucks or 100 fucks. See Roman, and then see the others they've "pushed"

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Good. The dimpled, child-faced power ranger had no business being over.
Surprised it lasted this long :heston
Hahaha him and Ricochets costumes cost more than their contracts :lol
Meh. His cousin is the better Garza anyway
I never understood the NEED to push him. How many bland, underdog cruiserweight characters do they need?
You guys are raging, bloodthirsty cannibals.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts