Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.wwe.com/inside/standupforwwe/wwedefendsitself

All I can say (as I enter rant mode) is WHAT THE FUCK, VINCE?! If it's not some attempt to conceal promotion for your wife's political campaign, it sure as Hell is intended to draw attention to yourself! My main beef is dragging the First Amendment back into your arsenal! What the fuck do you care about anyone else's first amendment rights?! You've censored your audience for years left and right on anything that contradicted your not so well conceived plans to put who or whatever over. You confiscated signs, lectured fans at events via referee, edited audible disdain for faces (Cena in most instances) or cheers for heels, and even kicked fans out into the cold literally (Armageddon 2007). You've got some fucking nerve to play on it again! This Standing up for your company angle had wobbly legs to stand on at best as your product quality has fallen so bad, few could take it seriously. I really don't care if Linda wins or not because I'm going to do something else with my Mondays and Fridays. It's apparent some people just don't learn.

·
Always sees what you don't
164 Posts
I am Standing up for WWE. I hate how the liberal media always bashes us - and Vince wasnt trying to help Linda win the election! She is no longer the CEO for god sakes. He was just defending his company against unfair attacks. He never once ordered the WWE Universe to vote for Linda. He simply told us ten things we can do for our WWE to help defend it against the unfair liberal attacks

·
Registered
54 Posts
I honestly don't care if it was done to help Linda or not, I think the campaign is a good thing. The media bashes WWE and pro wrestling in general, and then they bash us fans. I'm tired of having to be ashamed of liking wrestling whenever I mention it in public. Hopefully this campaign can be used to put WWE in a more positive light. Not all wrestling fans are no-teeth backwoods rednecks, and not all wrestling is Katie Vick. The media needs to realize that. Wrestling is a TV show, just like any primetime TV show. It's entertainment. Nothing more.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
I honestly don't care if it was done to help Linda or not, I think the campaign is a good thing. The media bashes WWE and pro wrestling in general, and then they bash us fans. I'm tired of having to be ashamed of liking wrestling whenever I mention it in public. Hopefully this campaign can be used to put WWE in a more positive light. Not all wrestling fans are no-teeth backwoods rednecks, and not all wrestling is Katie Vick. The media needs to realize that. Wrestling is a TV show, just like any primetime TV show. It's entertainment. Nothing more.
This is exactly where I stand. I could give two shits about Linda's campaign, but I AM sick of people looking down upon professional wrestling like its limited to rednecks. I personally have no shame in acknowledging myself as a fan, but I do see why people are ashamed of admitting to it. Its unfair and it shuld change.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
ugh...

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Who gives a shit what the media says?
Thank you!

And I'd like to add:

WWE will fervently fight against any attempt to muzzle or trample its First Amendment rights. Our fans, employees and performers are united in this grassroots effort to “Stand Up for WWE.”

--"Vince"
...says the TV show that censors table bumps, chair shots, ringpost collisions, crowd chants, audience signs, the female body, language, demeanor, and blood.

...all while having a notorious history of sterroids, cocaine, alcoholism, pain-killer addicts, drug busts, infidelity, domestic violence, lies, deceit, betrayal, backstabbing, disrespectfulness, bad falling outs, backstage hazing (Love ya, Joey!), treating employees like dirt, sexual misconduct, lawsuits, hypocrisy, and flat-out "fuck you world" arrogance.

And now they want us to stand up for their "just cause" ??

Don't think so.:(

I like the WWE as a TV show. I really give a fuck less about most of them as human beings, least of all Satan and his Zombie Witch life partner.

·
Registered
206 Posts
here in the philippines they view think the WWE is for kids now. i cant stand up for WWE and show my friends that video with TV PG all over it! but i did tweet and wrote on my facebook that im a proud WWE fan.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I Really wish they would stop banging on about the pg kid friendly product it makes them look stupid and then someone pops in an attitude era dvd with a naked chick taking her top off foul mouthed swearing? sorry but did that happen in another company? Can wwe erase the past no? and if made sense for business we would see the attitude era trash tv again so don't bullshit people about how wrestling is clean now and peoples preceptions are wrong.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I am Standing up for WWE. I hate how the liberal media always bashes us - and Vince wasnt trying to help Linda win the election! She is no longer the CEO for god sakes. He was just defending his company against unfair attacks. He never once ordered the WWE Universe to vote for Linda. He simply told us ten things we can do for our WWE to help defend it against the unfair liberal attacks
Give me a break. Anyone who tosses around the "liberal media" concept obviously hasn't done their research. Read "What Liberal Media?", a fantastic book by Eric Alterman, then come back to me and talk about liberal bias. Here in reality, the conservative media (led by Fox News) is FAR more powerful than any imagined liberal media agenda, and the statistics and facts bear that out. Please do more research.

·
Hiding in the shadows
828 Posts
This campaign is obviously to "warm up" these same naysayers. It's not a coincidence that it has come at a time where the wife of a CEO, who owns a billion dollar "entertainment" company, who's being attacked left and right with "ammunition" from her past, is running for the Senate seat in the US Congress. It's a calculated move on WWE's part. Period.

What I hate, is the fact that WWE rarely acknowlegdes the deaths of past employees, unless they were really in their good books. Yes, you can blame the wrestlers themselves passing away due to their personal drug use, but if it wasn't for the WWE's rigourous touring schedule and having to work injured to keep your spot, some of that blame falls squarely on WWE. The talk of a Union over the years has always fallen on deaf ears, but this is really the only way that the talent would have the help and the resources they need to help them in their lives, when their wrestling career is over. The way it is now, if you're not employed by one of the big three (WWE, TNA, ROH), you're pretty much on your own, regardless of what situation your life happens to be in. That is not right.

This is what the fans and the wrestlers themselves should be standing up for.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,036 Posts
I hate this whole stand up for WWE thing, and I don't believe Vince one bit when he says this is just for the bad press from the media.

I mean c'mon. Tell your friends and family why you watch WWE, post I stand up for WWE on Facebook and Twitter, for all to see and posting videos on youtube. Sounds to me like a publicity stunt if anything.

·
Banned
445 Posts
I will not stand up for WWE, because Linda is a Republican and all Republicans are retarded. But some stupid stuff has been said on tv about WWE. On the MSNBC morning show last week, the host said that she thinks WWE should be banned from tv because it's a show that children watch, so it shouldn't be so violent fpalm

·
Is a Snit Head
22,349 Posts
I will not stand up for WWE, because Linda is a Republican and all Republicans are retarded. But some stupid stuff has been said on tv about WWE. On the MSNBC morning show last week, the host said that she thinks WWE should be banned from tv because it's a show that children watch, so it shouldn't be so violent fpalm
Both of the statements in bold have about an equal stupidity rating.

And Vince really should just pretending to endorse or not to endorse Linda and just go right ahead and go it. The Supreme Court just made a landmark ruling in Citizens United v. The Federal Election Commission that would allow the WWE as a corporation to spend as much money as they want to on independent campaign commercials and other advertising.

The election has no bearing on me but it would be interesting to see how this ruling could actually be applied in a fairly big election.

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
We're supposed to believe Linda's Senate run had nothing to do with it? LOL Vince is hilarious. He must think wrestling fans are retarded.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts