Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Queen of all Galaxies
Goddess of Time
5,607 Posts
That makes sense. The name NXT (abbreviation for "next"), the small venue and the fact that NXT superstars "get called up to the main roster" are the biggest hints. It's also not officially confirmed whether the NXT Title is a world championship or not. I like NXT and I appreciate HHH's work, but NXT still has the developmental show vibe. Maybe they should rebrand the show.

·
Registered
13,273 Posts
Lol everyone views NXT as developmental.

How many 'X and Y should be sent back to NXT for further training' posts has there been in this site alone past 5 years... thousands

·
WWE plant
4,025 Posts
It's a show that prominently features Cameron Grimes and has Karrion Kross as its main champion, what else did you expect?

Who cares about the branding though, most of the show is still very entertaining and Vince's opinion doesn't change that.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Of course he does. You can tell by how freely he takes talent from them and how he treats them like bottom feeders when they get called up. Triple H is under the assumption that he is handing Vince ready made stars when they get called up while Vince clearly still has the "welcome to the big leagues" mentality. He takes one look at them and decides how to use them instead of anything they have actually done in NXT.

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
He's never cared about NXT. I think that couldn't be any more clear when every call up become victims of main roster booking.

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
5,045 Posts
Did anyone genuinely think otherwise? NXT is the minor leagues, their guys shouldn't be treated like big deals when they move up to RAW and SmackDown, that'd be like a G-League player moving up to the NBA and being placed straight into the Starting 5.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
OVW was given better respect than NXT. Remember when they brought up guys like Carlito and Chris Masters. Absolute losers but they were able to put together a small run with big wins that made them feel like good upper midcard draws. Anyone called straight from NXT are automatically jobbed out so Vince can send 'a message' to the younger guys.

·
Registered
347 Posts
NXT is part Developmental and part alternative to appeal to the audience that don't like the modern day Walt Disney stories Raw and Smackdown tell. Everything from 2014 onwards was designed to put a ceiling on other companies emerging or breaking through. From having Takeover's in certain areas that are due another big wrestling show, to being shown on the same night as other wrestlinh programmes, to the emergence of NXT UK as soon as ITV announced WOS was returning. Thankfully AEW's financial booking has helped them to break through it and NXT have had to reevaluate priorities. Something Vince McMahon doesn't seem very pleased about given his treatment of NXT talent.

·
The Babyface of WF
"What I've always wanted...A better world"
17,759 Posts
Of course it's developmental always has been, I wouldn't bother listening to Hunter's marketing ploy to make it sound bigger.

·
Registered
12,764 Posts
Makes sense as they aren't counting Charlotte's 2x NXT Women's Championships in her total championship wins.

I can't get my head around the fact that Vince supposedly 'doesn't care' about NXT but that is where all his new talent/stars are coming from. Surely you'd be interested in you're company's future.

·
Registered
13,273 Posts
OVW was given better respect than NXT. Remember when they brought up guys like Carlito and Chris Masters. Absolute losers but they were able to put together a small run with big wins that made them feel like good upper midcard draws. Anyone called straight from NXT are automatically jobbed out so Vince can send 'a message' to the younger guys.
Everyone from nxt isn't jobbed out that's a complete myth

Reigns, Rollins and Ambrose were pushed straight into mainevent.

Bray Wyatt was immediately thrust into upper mid

Rusev went on a year long unbeaten streak

Alexa Bliss was pushed to moon from the off winning multiple world titles.

Charlotte/Becky and Sasha were made a big deal and 12 months after their call up Charlotte and Sasha were first women to ever mainevent a main roster ppv.

Enzo and Big Cass got big push out the gate. Corbin big push out the gate. Damien Priest is in top match at Wrestlemania tagging with biggest selling musical artist on planet. Keith Lee for the bullshit said about him was pushed hard out the gate including pinning Orton clean. Belair and Ripley were world champions few months after their call up

Owens was thrust into mainevent immediately after his call up, Balor too (before he got hurt). Mcintyre continued where he left off in nxt not where he was last time on main roster losing to El Torito.

Loads more examples but you get the point

·
Main Eventing and Show Stopping
354 Posts
NXT has outgrown developmental. I think it could be a legit 3rd brand and a real alternative if allowed to be and if marketed well. Then fill the developmental gap with Evolve.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts