Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vince McMahon Angry With Website & Wants Backstage Changes :D

Vince McMahon is unhappy with how several departments of his company have been performing in recent weeks, says The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

In particular he has become frustrated with how WWE.com has been operating, especially with the WrestleMania 29 hype and announcement materials in March. One point of contention was during Vince’s meeting with New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, there was nobody from the website present to take a photograph, film or cover the event in anyway.

There is talk that McMahon could fire some WWE.com staff members over the issue.

Additionally, McMahon is wanting more rehearsals at WWE events to try and avoid the issues of the past week. He was unhappy with the botching of the Chris Jericho “beat the clock” countout victory on RAW and Brock Lesnar almost getting hurt during the WWE Extreme Rules main event match with John Cena. And despite it partly being a work, he doesn’t want a situation like the Brock Lesnar blow-up at Extreme Rules happening again.

Vince wants more writers and producers to communicate more in the future but one person close to the situation believes WWE content will become more rigidly scripted and everything will have to go past Vince to be approved for consummation

·
Registered
193 Posts
Additionally, McMahon is wanting more rehearsals at WWE events to try and avoid the issues of the past week. He was unhappy with the botching of the Chris Jericho “beat the clock” countout victory on RAW and Brock Lesnar almost getting hurt during the WWE Extreme Rules main event match with John Cena. And despite it partly being a work, he doesn’t want a situation like the Brock Lesnar blow-up at Extreme Rules happening again.

Could someone explain me those points?

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,548 Posts
Is Steph in charge of WWE.com? Looks like she might get the sack :D. Seriously though, whoever is in charge of WWE.com should be held responsible for why no one was there.

As for the other stuff, meh.....

·
Best in the World
2,522 Posts
Is Steph in charge of WWE.com?
No Steph is the executive vice president of creative, things like shows, products, wwe shop things like that. She is not directly in charge of wwe.com or the creative writers but overseas them and pretty much the entire company. Assuming Vince isn't running day to day things, she would be in charge.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,325 Posts
The article claims the show is "rigidly scripted." Now many parts are, particularly the promos and backstage segments, but the show itself is yanked totally out of Vince McMahon's and Kevin Dunn's backsides before it airs. It changes hour-to-hour until it happens. They even do PPVs like that. There was last minute booking at WM 27 for instance and I can only imagine the same for WM 28. There are rumors that this year's Royal Rumble winner was changed multiple times until they settled on Sheamus. The Royal Freakin' Rumble and Wrestle-Freaking-Mania get booked hour-to-hour.

I for one think the program could only benefit from being more "rigidly scripted."

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I remember watching an interview with Russo and he stated that back in the late 90s, the next year was planned out by the day after mania. maybe not the fine details, but the rough idea of who will get the opportunities and whatnot. i like that idea better, it helps come out with more complex stories than what is around recently.

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
I remember when Vince was going to punish the crowd because they weren't reacting in the way he wanted.

·
Custom User Title
15,231 Posts

Could someone explain me those points?
On Raw Jericho got in the ring too early and actually beat the clock. He gets in the ring with like five seconds left and the time automatically went to zero. I thought I was just imagining that when I watched it, actually.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about Lesnar's over the top rope bump at ExRules. One second too late and Brock's neck would be broken.

EDIT- this

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
What exactly happened in the Brock botch?

Did Cena not have the chain or did Brock just completely over jump it or what?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Lesnar getting Hurt in the Extreme Rules match? That was a botch, who could prevent that!?
Obviously the ring crew is at fault. If that top rope was set up a half foot higher that wouldn't have happened.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts