Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- A source within WWE says Vince McMahon is getting tired of scripting RAW at the last minute. The WWE Chairman regularly demands partial or full script re-writes on the day of the show. A script for an episode last month was not completed until after the show went on the air

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
I really hope this is true. The booking is ridiculous. They fucked up the summer of Punk, the conspiracy storyline and pretty much the rest has been utter shit.

·
Great One?..
10,833 Posts
I hope McMahon realizes very soon that it's his last minute editing that's going to kill WWE.

Step down old man if you don't get that.

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
They should write out full storylines before they implement them, that way every storyline has a finish and they aren't scrambling before every RAW to write the show.

Reactions: STP

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
this will also stop alot of stress which eventually cause less mistakes and botches

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Vince is either old or not catching up what's going on in current society...WWE need new set of mind. what WWE need right now is realism like Bret work/fued in 1996-7....those stuff simply magic and will work in current era.

·
Stealing the Show
7,428 Posts
Jim Cornette said it best...for a promotion to be successful, they need to have stories/angles planned out for the next 2 years on a constant basis. If you dont have at least a 2-year-plan then you're going to flounder, such as the WWE currently is.

Until they stop fucking over booking with last minute, and on-the-fly changes, the product will continue its massive downward spiral.

·
Stroking is the Antidote
3,160 Posts
It's funny because he's the reason for the constant re-writes.

Am I wrong or is he not the person that green lights everything before it goes on air?

·
Great One?..
10,833 Posts
Jim Cornette said it best...for a promotion to be successful, they need to have stories/angles planned out for the next 2 years on a constant basis. If you dont have at least a 2-year-plan then you're going to flounder, such as the WWE currently is.

Until they stop fucking over booking with last minute, and on-the-fly changes, the product will continue its massive downward spiral.
2 years? That's really stretching it.

·
Stealing the Show
7,428 Posts
2 years? That's really stretching it.
you dont have to have a week-to-week for the 2 years. You just need to know where you want your product to be in 2 years. What stories you want to have down the line.

Think about it, stories back in the attitude era stretched for months at a time. 2 years isnt unreasonable, imo.

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
THEN STOP DOING IT AND LET YOUR WRITERS DO THEIR DAMN JOBS YOU OLD SENILE DUMB FUCK

sorry but vkm got dat heat with me bad
I totally understand. If I would speak my mind here honestly about Vince or john I would probably be banned.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have read stories about McMahon constantly changing his mind before. I think he's the problem, not creative itself.

·
Banned
990 Posts
It's funny because he's the reason for the constant re-writes.

Am I wrong or is he not the person that green lights everything before it goes on air?
Reports say Vince is always the one changing his mind on bookings forcing the writers to re-write

·
Banned
463 Posts
Vince is either old or not catching up what's going on in current society...WWE need new set of mind. what WWE need right now is realism like Bret work/fued in 1996-7....those stuff simply magic and will work in current era.
Nope, actually i think more attitude era style fits the current society.

I am not saying WWE should make a copy of the attitude era.

Not something that is completly like and a copy, but something that is similar to the attitude era would work the best for today's society.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Well, I'm tired of seeing the results of the last-minute rewrites, so at least there's some common ground there.

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,822 Posts
Vince took the Yo Dawg meme literally.

Yo Dawg, we heard you like RAW rewrites so we put a rewrite in your rewrite so you can rewrite a rewrite while rewriting RAW!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts