Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
According to the latest articles McMahon still isn't sure what route to go with the whole Seth Rollins and Dominick story for Summerslam

Possible ideas apparently are

Seth Rollins vs Dominick a one on one match

Black-Dominick vs Rollins-Murphy - tag team match

Or not have Dominick or black at all and have a rematch between Rollins and Kevin owens

In my opinion if they was to have a one on one between Rollins and Dominick it would probably have to be a street fight or something because dominick is still probably green and it would cover that but Rollins is a great performer so if anyone can carry someone through a match in ring wise it's probably rollins. But I don't wanna see Rollins vs owens again that's just beyond lazy it was payed off at mania and i'm pretty sure they had a match on raw a few weeks back aswell.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just leave Dominic at home. He´s not ready
Yeah I don't see the rush either I don't understand why they wanna put him in this big spot when he's greener than goose shit. Setting him up to possibly fail before he's even started just let him go back to training and bring him up when he's ready

·
it's a tarp!
5,228 Posts
Surely they've got to conclude the Dominik storyline.

I mean Seth has been promoted to Triple H in situ, he's even got his own sledgehammer finisher in the form of the eye gouger.

Why would they lose steam on this just at the perfect time.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
I don't know about that. Have you ever seen him work? He might be pretty good in the ring. 23 isn't that young, especially for 2nd generation. Randy Orton had his epic match vs Cactus Jack when he was 23.
You´re not comparing this
https://lastwordonprowrestling.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2019/05/D695iwCXkAATPnX-696x425.jpg

to this
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3e/79/85/3e7985308023198facc4b70865d5eff0.jpg

Orton is probably the best wrestler of his generation. Comparing Dominic to him is not doing Dominic any favors.
It was reported that Dominic started training his body for ring shape in 2017, but looking at him today, he´s still the same flabby guy he was 3 years ago.. that tells me he´s coasting on his fathers name value. Meanwhile, Orton had been wrestling (not training to be a wrestler) for 4 years before his famous match against Cactus Jack

·
it's a tarp!
5,228 Posts
https://lastwordonprowrestling.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2019/05/D695iwCXkAATPnX-696x425.jpg

to this

Orton is probably the best wrestler of his generation. Comparing Dominic to him is not doing Dominic any favors.
It was reported that Dominic started training his body for ring shape in 2017, but looking at him today, he´s still the same flabby guy he was 3 years ago.. that tells me he´s coasting on his fathers name value. Meanwhile, Orton had been wrestling (not training to be a wrestler) for 4 years before his famous match against Cactus Jack
Didn't Randy fail more drugs tests than anybody in WWE history, in fact he failed so many times WWE had to create the Randy rule to give him extra chances.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts

to this

So he's a little flabby, that makes him a bad wrestler? Nope. You don't know how good he is in the ring until you watch him wrestle. If he flops at Summerslam, fair enough, but until then give the kid a chance. Orton is the probably the best wrestler of his generation yes, but don't forget that Dominics Dad is probably the greatest wrestler of all time, so give the kid a chance.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Surely they've got to conclude the Dominik storyline.

I mean Seth has been promoted to Triple H in situ, he's even got his own sledgehammer finisher in the form of the eye gouger.

Why would they lose steam on this just at the perfect time.
No, they don’t. It can just disappear on Monday, or Dominick can join Seth for no reason. History is repleat with angles WWE has dropped (Anonymous GM for instance).

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Black-Dominick vs Rollins-Murphy seems like the most sensible way to go.

Brings everything full circle, and saves a Dominick vs Rollins match for down the line.

·
The Babyface of WF
12,445 Posts
Dom isn't ready for this kind of prolific angle that will lead him to having a match on ppv I've seen nothing substancial from him that really proves he can go bell to bell against anybody.

·
NBA
3,256 Posts
wwe sure love themselves those 2nd gen wrestlers who are kids of legends.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I can see Misterio III vs Rollins but only in one of those cinematic street fights, I rather see KO vs Rollins Round 2 or Joe says he has had enough and leaves commentary to fight Rollins

·
Registered
1,820 Posts

to this

No way does Dominic look like Orton. Orton looks like a damn beast a rising super star with potential written all over. Their is no need to rush such match if anything its a waste. As said Dominic is just using his dads name and to me adds no value. Orton was something else for his time one of the greatest entertainers of its time.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,593 Posts
I don't think having weight on is the factor, look at others who have a bit extra weight on, but I get what others have said, it is to early to put young dominick in the spotlight especially this early, he can take bumps as proven against Brock and others, is it a risk, yes , but he should have matches maybe in nxt or make it a tag match with K.O as he wouldn't be in the match long that way, black has been taken off screen for a make over on his character according to reports.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,593 Posts
No way does Dominic look like Orton. Orton looks like a damn beast a rising super star with potential written all over. Their is no need to rush such match if anything its a waste. As said Dominic is just using his dads name and to me adds no value. Orton was something else for his time one of the greatest entertainers of its time.
But that's why he got pushed so,quick,same as Charlotte due to there dads name at first, yes they went on to become superstars in there own right, what's good for them, should be good for Dominick, just not this quick, he needs to be in nxt first to devolp not just in Ring work, but his all round character, promos, learning how to get the crowd to react to him, as you can have all the talent in the world Ring wise but crowds are what can make or break careers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts