Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
I think there's four issues in the Hell in a Cell match:

How the Fiend wrestles. It didn't work either.
Didn't bother the fans, who were rioting because he didn't win. Meanwhile Mr. Workrate was getting soundly rejected. Guess it doesn't matter as much as people think, and what they really want is to be entertained...

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
I get that he was over and Seth wasn't. But the monster no sell deal was way overkill.
Blame Vince, don't blame him. That's not "how he wrestles", that was a choice to make him a monster. His in ring work is not an issue.

They did everything they could to try to make sure that he came off better than Seth did, without him winning (Why? I'm at a loss. He's not going anywhere, clearly.). That was the stupid choice they came up with, but if he had won, the people would've gone crazy and it would've worked. Killing Seths finishers was not a decision that "didn't work", what didn't work was the idea of Seth escaping with the belt.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
I've always liked having a mix.

You can have over the top characters, great athletes, or a mix of both. Wrestling works best when it covers as many bases as possible and provides variety.

I want to watch a show where I can get the Road Warriors, Goldberg, and Jake Roberts but also have Bret Hart, Dean Malenko, and The Four Hosemen, but then also have guys like The Rock, Randy Savage, and Shawn Michaels.

And through it all, it has to have good booking and stories to make whatever matches they do matter.

If its all over the top characters with little in ring focus, your show just becomes a three ring circus where the matches don't matter.

If its all straight up wrestling, then you just get pointless mat wrestling that means nothing and everybody looks the same.

Variety is the spice of life. That's my take anyway.
This is like the best post in this thread honestly.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Garbage report full of lies. NOBODY from the WWE, no wrestler, no staff member talked to anybody from a gossip rag.

Fake made up story to get clickbait. The give away is in the initial "report". Stop posting this hearsay.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Nope, everyone hates it. I've tried to come up with ideas in my head as to why they thought it might have been a good idea, and the only thing I could come up with was that it was clear to the referee that Seth Rollins didn't care about getting a pinfall, he just wanted kill bray, and therefore the referee in order to stop murder rang the bell. If they wanted to go this route they should have articulated this much clearer though commentary and possibly even immediate backstage interviews with the referee. I also thought about technically not even doing a Hell in a Cell but a "Firefly Funhouse" match where you use a structure and lighting but have different rules where a stoppage/DQ might have been less of an issue. Either way, they were up shit creek without a paddle!
The referee actually said to Rollins 'Do you want to kill this man'

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
"too pro wrestling" :lmao :lmao

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Why cant it be both. Give us "pro wrestling" in the ring by showcase what these wrestlers/athletes/"superstars" can do and put on a great match.

On the flip side give us "sports entertainment" by doing coherent captivating engaging storylines and good acting.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Why cant it be both. Give us "pro wrestling" in the ring by showcase what these wrestlers/athletes/"superstars" can do and put on a great match.

On the flip side give us "sports entertainment" by doing coherent captivating engaging storylines and good acting.
Exactly lol. I don't know why it has to be one or the other.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Vince has and always will do, at his heart hated his is "only wrestling". Films, XFL, Bodybuilding, more XFL, Hotels, Restaraunts, TV series, everyhing to get away with what brought him to the dance. he has always tried to be more. He cant accept his position as a wrestling promoter, never has, never will.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
vince mcmahon is an insecure fool.

he runs a company called world WRESTLING entertainment thats biggest show of the year is called WRESTLEmania yet attempts to hide away from the fact that WWE is a WRESTLING company.

how about you piss off to the XFL where you can pretend that you arnt actually building a football company.

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,544 Posts
I say it's a work, Vince McMahon will make everybody to think they must watch AEW to give them the ball a bit for being newcomers to TV,but some months later WWE will give the smarks finally what they want...

·
Registered
943 Posts
It's his company, so Vince McMahon should shape it as he sees fit. If he wants to emphasize "entertainment" over in-ring action, that's his prerogative. His WWF in the late 1980s was an entertainment circus, with wacky gimmicks and personalities. It has its place.

I love the in-ring action, though. That's why I prefer NXT and AEW over Raw and Smackdown. At least for me, if Vince wants to go full-on entertainment, the WWE will be an alternative to AEW - not the other way around.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,544 Posts
But...yet...the only people who get pushed in the WWE are the guys who are "too Pro Wrestling". Whys Seth Rollins being forced down our throats if Vince doesn't like guys that are too Pro Wrestling as opposed to being Sports Entertainers? Why is every single Sports Entertainment guy a complete and total jobber?

41 - 60 of 106 Posts