Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to WrestleTalk, Vince McMahon and Paul Heyman view Drew McIntyre as someone who can be a WWE main-eventer “for years to come”.

WrestleTalk’s Louis Dangoor is reporting that Drew McIntyre is set to remain one of WWE’s top attractions for several years:

“Our sources have confirmed to us that WWE management has been so impressed with Drew in recent weeks, that they see him as a main eventer for years to come. We’ve been told that his title reign will almost definitely not be a one-off like we’ve seen with Finn Balor, Jinder Mahal and Kofi Kingston in recent years, so expect to see him at the top of the card for the foreseeable future.”

·
Registered
9,829 Posts
Drew McIntyre has definitely impressed since he eliminated Brock at the Royal Rumble. I've enjoyed his title reign so much so far, i can see him having a very long reign. I'd happily have him as a main stay main eventer for a few years although i do think Jinder Mahal will get another reign sometime over the next year or two due to the length of the new TV deal in India.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Good stuff, he's done well these past few months. It's a shame there'll very likely be no WWE UK tour this year (with Drew being the focal point) - I believe the May stuff was postponed until September or October, but can't see that actually happening this year.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I like Drew as one of the top acts. Ofcourse the writing is 100% perfect but Drew feels like he belongs and serves as a good protagonist.

The supporting cast around him needs to be a bit better though. A part of me wishes the main roster had some more serious factions like NJPW. Faction warfares are always cool with a central warrior like Drew at the top

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
If they want him in the top then he gotta start wrestling like a main eventer and deliver high calibre matches. Cena and Reigns might not be the best of wrestlers but they got a move set that flows. How you wrestle is very important, it can make or break you.

·
Registered
16,796 Posts
Hes a big guy, with a good look, good moves, getting better with his mic skills. Surprisingly a likeable face. Why not.

·
Registered
294 Posts

"Finally! A fellow countryman. A fellow Scotsman like me who is WWE Champion! Dammit, i'm going to push Drew McIntyre to the moon!" - Vince McMahon

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,701 Posts
How about they see how he does with audiences before they decide things like that? He was Drew McCrickets for years, dude couldn't even get over in NXT and they'll love anything, he didn't get over until he won Rumble and a certain amount of that was "anybody but Roman or Brock" pops, lest not forget Seth got those too last year when he was in Drew's position and it only took 4 months for him to become the most hated guy in wrestling.

If fans decide Drew's the guy then he's the guy but I wonder how much of this is Vince going "see, 11 years ago I told you he would be a star, look at what a genius I am".

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Think Drew will get a good reception from crowds since he's not being a bland white meat babyface anymore. His current character is more interesting than his entire NXT run.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,701 Posts
Think Drew will get a good reception from crowds since he's not being a bland white meat babyface anymore. His current character is more interesting than his entire NXT run.
If Vince is involved with his character then bland white meat babyface is an inevitability, he's already selling too much and being pushed too far by people who shouldn't be able to hang with him, this is the first step in the perpetual underdog story, i.e. Roman and Cena. Once he stops being an ass kicker and starts being the underdog then the smiling and the jokes starts, then pretty soon he'll be saying "Brock Lesnar is poopy" and "sufferin' succotash".

1 - 20 of 42 Posts