Wrestling Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
This is tricky, the only way they can reward viewers is having Orton win the championship. I think most people assume it’ll just be a non-finish with a PPV rematch. So will they continue to go the safe route, or actually make a move?

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I wish this narrative that every AEW fan follows Meltzer's every word would cease. I legit never heard of him before WF and havent read or listened to anything by him.

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
5,959 Posts
I'm sure WWE took notice but I don't think it's panic stations like this dork proclaims, they beat RAW by 3k in that demo, hardly cause for panic stations yet. If they start doing it consistently, then they have cause for concern.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
But but but but but but but I thought Vince doesn't AEW as competition. What the hell Vince?

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Can any of the 'lol Meltzer' crowd come up with a reason that they would build to and announce a match and then change it to something completely different a few days later other than this? I mean the alternative obviously being that they're that fucking messed up that they can't even keep a storyline going from one show to the next. I know the latter is a thing that happens and thus likely, but considering the extremity of this change you'd imagine there is a genuine reason behind it.

Personally I don't get how at this point they could do anything other than putting their biggest matches on TV. Their PPV's (so called) are now just part of the larger Peacock experience. They're meaningless, certainly in the US, which is ultimately all that really matters. How are they still working to that model?
It´s not like they won´t have seven re-matches in the next three months anyway so what´s one more match. :ROFLMAO:

·
Hiding in the shadows
2,127 Posts
It could be since the raiders one of the most well known teams are taking on Lamar Jackson one of the biggest nfl players around.
... and WWE didn't already know this last week?! I think it's been known for quite some time when the NFL season was beginning, especially when it was said by Vince McMahon and Nick Khan that "everything is competition". If that statement were true, this should have never happened then, correct?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
So Vince completely changed RAW because AEW beat them by 3k in the 18-49 demo? Anyone who believes this crap needs to have their head examined, because they still beat AEW by half a million in viewership after AEW literally went All Out at their ppv. :LOL:

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Can any of the 'lol Meltzer' crowd come up with a reason that they would build to and announce a match and then change it to something completely different a few days later other than this? I mean the alternative obviously being that they're that fucking messed up that they can't even keep a storyline going from one show to the next. I know the latter is a thing that happens and thus likely, but considering the extremity of this change you'd imagine there is a genuine reason behind it.

Personally I don't get how at this point they could do anything other than putting their biggest matches on TV. Their PPV's (so called) are now just part of the larger Peacock experience. They're meaningless, certainly in the US, which is ultimately all that really matters. How are they still working to that model?
Ppv matches will always be higher quality that tv matches. Commercials ruin them for one...

·
Waiting for Kawato
2,066 Posts
Ppv matches will always be higher quality that tv matches. Commercials ruin them for one...
Well yeah, PPV's at this point should all be entirely gimmick driven, or catering to the hardcore match loving crowd, whichever audience they most want to pander to :ROFLMAO: but when TV ratings are more important than anything it seems dumb to still be putting your biggest matches on them.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts