Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Who knows how accurate this is, as many have joked about - it’s Meltzer.

However, I don’t know how they can’t see that moves like are as detrimental as anything they can do. You revolve an entire Raw around a tag team turmoil, in order to create a main event for the following week. Then out of nowhere - and likely without explanation - they drop it.

They do things like this all of the time. Why should the fan base buy in or get emotionally invested in anything they watch? Vince will drop absolutely anything - storylines, pushes, matches,etc. - just because he woke up with a hair out of place.

People want better story telling, cohesive and and coherent plots that have actual payoffs. They want to know that what they watch on tv weekly is actually going to progress to something.

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
13,813 Posts
Couldn’t be just them setting a gimmick for Extreme Rules? I mean Orton asked for the title match when the tag turmoil was mentioned on raw. Then Lashley moved to i want to be a double champ from their conversation.

Things change, case and point … Miz vs Morrison or Hardy vs Cross 2

·
Registered
2,916 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Haha fucking Meltzer. How the hell does he know. They didn't even lose to AEW, the viewership was much higher.

I see he didn't report that the MSG Smackdown was the highest grossing in history. We had to hear that from Ariel Helwani.

Fuck this dude.

·
Training to be a Grappler
2,415 Posts
Can any of the 'lol Meltzer' crowd come up with a reason that they would build to and announce a match and then change it to something completely different a few days later other than this? I mean the alternative obviously being that they're that fucking messed up that they can't even keep a storyline going from one show to the next. I know the latter is a thing that happens and thus likely, but considering the extremity of this change you'd imagine there is a genuine reason behind it.

Personally I don't get how at this point they could do anything other than putting their biggest matches on TV. Their PPV's (so called) are now just part of the larger Peacock experience. They're meaningless, certainly in the US, which is ultimately all that really matters. How are they still working to that model?
Monday night football season premiere is tomorrow.

I'm sure that is more important to Vince

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Nothing salty about it. Don’t throw shots if you don’t want shots back.
Don't be a dope. Meltzer knows more about the business and its mechanations than anyone on this board, dude. You don't have to take everything he says as 100% confirmed to know that; he reports on stuff he's heard from sources within these companies no more no less.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Wrestling has awful demos so nobody with any intelligence is tracking that. More likely Vince is afraid that with NFL starting AEW May beat Raw straight up.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Says this user with a username describing a penis.
Are you stupid? The name is literally a play on the great one, but added banana because I couldn’t think of a word when signing up. Taking a trivial thing out of context.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Don't be a dope. Meltzer knows more about the business and its mechanations than anyone on this board, dude. You don't have to take everything he says as 100% confirmed to know that; he reports on stuff he's heard from sources within these companies no more no less.
Who the F are you. Was I even blasting Meltzer comments. I was responding the image that was posted and gave another title.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts