Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn "flipped their lids" when the power outage before the Battleground main event happened. It's said Vince is now paranoid that the same thing is going to happen at WrestleMania XXX because it happened during the Super Bowl in the same building that will host WrestleMania. Vince's concern is that not only are they running in the same building, but WrestleMania uses more power than the Super Bowl between lighting, pyro, production and everything else.
http://www.ringsidenews.com/article/13015/vince-mcmahon-paranoid-about-power-outages-battleground-script-issues/

I think Vince will commit suicide if that happened at WM XXX, especially during the main event :lmao

·
Nihilistic Mystics
6,005 Posts
There was something else going on in town that helped cause the power outage at the Super Bowl.

So that either means this story is complete bullshit and totally made up, or if legit, Vince is even more senile and stupid than I thought.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Sky Sports had some cool music.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Buy generators. End of story.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
There was something else going on in town that helped cause the power outage at the Super Bowl.

So that either means this story is complete bullshit and totally made up, or if legit, Vince is even more senile and stupid than I thought.
What? No, that's not at all correct.
The superbowl power outage wasn't caused by anything related to the cities power itself, it was caused by a malfunctioning device that was actually put in to prevent blackouts.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
that power outage was a sign of the WWE's booking decisions.....it was an omen telling them to either change or their company will become permanently out of power.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Well, have Wrestlemania in a less shitty building.

This. The suoerdome is fucking terrible, big? Yes, but It's a big mistake to have a huge event there.

·
Administrator
59,114 Posts
Meltzer reported that they were worried about that after the power outage at the SuperBowl. So this isn't anything new. It just reinforces their paranoia.

·
Nihilistic Mystics
6,005 Posts
What? No, that's not at all correct.
The superbowl power outage wasn't caused by anything related to the cities power itself, it was caused by a malfunctioning device that was actually put in to prevent blackouts.
Yes, that's true.

The device was installed by a company called Entergy New Orleans. But I was under the impression, the device they installed and the overall power of the Superdome was also being networked out that same night through the power grid to a water based Super Bowl watching event across town. Which is why they had no problems during the Sugar Bowl a few weeks prior, when no such alternate event was happening.

Sounds like I'm mistaken on that though.

·
L’APPEL DU VIDE
5,453 Posts
A power outage would be amazing. Have Triple H come out and start pedigreeing those poor bastards.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
lol, imagine if a power outage happened right before the finish.

WM29 for example, right before Cena hits the AA, the power goes out(not in the arena,just the tv feed) and then Cena wins and celebrates but all fans at home didn't get to see the ending. That would be biggest nightmare in WWE history. Wrestlemania would give back millions of dollars in refunds to the PPV buyers.

But regarding the superbowl...the power did go out,but the TV feeds were fine(it was just a stadium problem). The outages at battleground was a citywide thing. If a power outage happens at WM, the cameras and everything would probably still be rolling, so WWE just needs to set up a battery powered spotlight or something to focus in on the action.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
It's ok, Dwayne 'the most Electrifying man in Sports Entertainment' Johnson will probably be there in some capacity.

If he is and there are still blackouts though, we can surmise that moniker and his whole career has been a fucking lie.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Vince just needs to bring WM30 to Jerry world in Dallas. It's bigger, state of the art and you wouldn't have to worry about a power outage.

·
I'm Sa-Sa-Sleepy, boff!
3,375 Posts
I think Vince will be okay as long as Roger Goodell isn't in the arena. According to Terrell Suggs,

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
McMahon has every right to have this be a concern. There's people here really too stupid to understand that? Who knew it took geniuses to understand a blackout during your biggest show of the year is horrible for business. Not to mention that the Superbowl was free to watch on TV. I'm not sure if the blackout affected any advertisers, but fans will riot if Mania has a blackout after paying so much for it.

There's some difficulties every year with fans having a hard time watching because of a feed going out but that's a huge difference compared to power going off at the show.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts