Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night on WWE Raw, they broke Zelina Vega away from Angel Garza and Andrade and it looks like Vega’s singles wrestler push will start with a feud with Raw Women’s Champion Asuka.

This is bad news for Garza and Andrade because Vince McMahon is said to not see them as main event talent. Dave Meltzer talked about this on Wrestling Observer Radio.

Meltzer said, “When Heyman got replaced, I was kind of told…Aleister Black and Andrade were two guys that were really gonna be in trouble because Vince doesn’t necessarily see a lot in them compared to what Heyman saw in them. It appeared that Zelina Vega is splitting up from Garza and Andrade. I can see Garza being forgotten but maybe not but if there is a split, Andrade feels like he’s going to be the one…if they’re gonna do Garza vs. Andrade, it’s probably gonna be Garza that goes over and Andrade’s the one that gets forgotten.”

Meltzer also noted how great Vega is as a manager and this singles push might not be the best idea, even if she’s in line for a Raw Women’s Title shot.

Meltzer said, “Zelina Vega as a wrestler is gonna be like taking Lana away from managing and making her a wrestler is gonna have the same result. Even though Zelina Vega is a better wrestler, she is so much better as a manager than she is a wrestler. Again, it’s another example of doing something with no regard to really the people involved. We’ve seen it a million times when they split Rusev and Lana and they split Rusev and Aiden English. It’s like they do it to do it with no idea of what to do with any of the people and then careers just essentially go nowhere from there. I see Andrade, from tonight’s show when I saw that split, it was just like oh God that thing with Andrade is going to come true exactly like I was told.”

This has been the pattern in WWE for years. Usually, when a team breaks up, either one or both of them gets pushed down the card. Hopefully, this does not end up happing with Garza and Andrade.
Source: Vince McMahon not a big fan of Angel Garza and Andrade as top stars | Wrestling News

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Dave’s just speculating again and people are reporting it as news. Andrade is fine, he has Charlotte on side. Garza is fine, the guy is talented enough to get by without needing Zelina (not to say Zelina isn’t the queen of Raw at the moment where ever they place her). And Zelina herself is perfectly fine as a wrestler and equally as good as a wrestler as a manager, the Lana comparison is just lazy.

WWE might actually be being pretty clever in separating and building up talents right before a draft where they get split across the shows, and this allows them to build up on their own rather than just thrown sink or swim on the other show, gets you used to Zelina on her own before she goes to the other show for example. I maybe giving them too much credence on that last one though.

·
HEADBANGA
22,953 Posts
The only upside I can see them getting out of breaking up is for one of them to feud with Dominic, Rey, Owens, or feuding with each other. Other than that I don't think they'll put much stock into either guy.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,985 Posts
WWE might actually be being pretty clever in separating and building up talents right before a draft where they get split across the shows, and this allows them to build up on their own rather than just thrown sink or swim on the other show, gets you used to Zelina on her own before she goes to the other show for example. I maybe giving them too much credence on that last one though.
I think you're onto something here. The September 7 Raw featured an incredible three segments in a row involving people turning on their partners (Cedric Alexander, Angel Garza, and the Iconics, sorta), and I initially chalked it up to weird booking and a lack of imagination, but your explanation feels more likely. Giving characters a reason to be on their own beyond "they got drafted" is a smart move.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,547 Posts
months ago there was news that he was high on Garza and now that? sounds fake to me. at least that's what I expect. Garza and Andrade are great and deserve a bright future.
If booking is any indication, he's definitely over Garza, he probably sneezed in front of Vince.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Garza, Andrade, Black. Three of the best guys they have. Can literally do anything with and it will be great. Of course he’s down on them.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
In other words, plans change. Vince's boners for someone will change. Or their lack of English will piss Vince off. I fear for Andrade. Angel Garza might go somewhere in the future though.

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
Come on now, they are both still so new to the main roster. Unless someone is a golden boy like Lesnar or Orton, opinions on them are bound to change form time to time. Takes a while for top stars to find their groove and connect with the audience, even if it is an audience of one.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts