Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody remember on RAW like in 2008 when WWE did like 2 segments with McMahon backstage and if I remember correctly Chris Jericho and Tevor Murdoch were trying to like sing his theme or something? It made me think that he was going to have his theme changed, and I think this was after WWW The Music Vol. 8 came out, but it never happened. Will he ever change his theme, whenever he "comes back" to the one performed by Theory of a Deadman on Vol. 8? I find it pretty cool and I think it's time he changed his old one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KXr-wHHlfk&feature=related

·
8,232 Posts
All I know is, I mark the fuck out whenever Vince's theme hits.

That shit is legendary, you just never change it.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,567 Posts
definitely not.
Vince's theme is classic, no need to replace it.
That theme song is a wrestling institution all by itself. Replacing it would be like changing the WWE logo of present on purpose just because somebody with artistic creativity designed a cool new one. 'Okay, great, let's put it on a wall somewhere in my office, but, let's just keep our logo the way it is, most wrestling fans aren't that smart to begin with, don't want them to be confused...'

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That theme song is a wrestling institution all by itself. Replacing it would be like changing the WWE logo of present on purpose just because somebody with artistic creativity designed a cool new one. 'Okay, great, let's put it on a wall somewhere in my office, but, let's just keep our logo the way it is, most wrestling fans aren't that smart to begin with, don't want them to be confused...'
Well then, what would be the point of remaking his theme? It would be pointless if they had no intention at all of replacing the one on the Anthology CD to this one. I know this has happened before with a couple other superstars (RVD's "Fury of the Storm" on Wreckless Intent was never used, cept in SVR and Jericho's from Vol. 8 as well, but it was used as well in SVR). I wouldn't really relate it to the WWE logo though. It's not that hard to change a theme, but harder to change a company's logo due to the fact of merchandising. If WWE changed their logo now it would be probably a big pain in the ass for them.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
if it aint broken, dont fix it.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
No reason at all to change the theme when it always elicits a huge crowd response and has become an absolute classic. Plus it fits his face and beel personas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts