Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like Vince McMahon has changed his mind again on Shayna Baszler.

Despite the fact that Paul Heyman is a big fan of her and would like to give her a monster push, McMahon nixed plans for her to win two big matches this year.

As previously noted, she was originally scheduled to win the Women’s Royal Rumble match in January. Instead, Baszler was booked to get eliminated by the winner, Charlotte Flair.

It was noted this week in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Baszler was scheduled to win the Women’s Money In The Bank match but those plans were also changed in favor of Asuka winning.

It is not clear if Money In The Bank plans were changed before or after WWE found out about Becky Lynch having to drop her title due to her pregnancy. The Money In The Bank matches were taped around the second week of April but Lynch had already known by that time about her pregnancy so WWE would have had time to change plans.

I was told that Baszler will eventually move into the title picture this year but McMahon is still not 100 percent sold on her as a top heel.
Source: Vince McMahon is still not willing to give a big push to a WWE Raw star | Wrestling News

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
868 Posts
Vince doesn't want to push a woman he doesn't find attractive?

Not really shocking. It's not like she has a big name outside of wrestling. Shes not the most physically imposing, nor is she a great promo. Even though I'm a big fan, even I can admit that's not a whole lot to work with.

A shame though. I think with the right mouthpiece she could be great. Or maybe as a stable's enforcer. Probably what they had planned for her before Ronda split

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,403 Posts
She's on TV every week and consistently protected. Seems like a push to me. Here's a likelier reason for the change: WWE wanted Shayna to take the belt from Becky but didn't want to have Becky lose clean, so it was to happen via cash in. When WWE found out Becky was pregnant, they simply decided Shayna didn't need MITB anymore. Why would she have to take the easy way against a woman she easily squashed at EC? That'd hurt her image. It's also just better for heat if she destroys Asuka. That'll make people madder than winning a ladder match.

Shayna will become champion soon, I'm very sure of that. If not at Extreme Rules then it'll be Summerslam.

·
NBA
2,884 Posts
Source? Cause this "report" reads almost exactly like the stuff some of us were hypothesizing in one of the threads. Hell, wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be fake. Journalism at its finest.

Reactions: llj

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I'm still expecting both Shayna & Nia Jax to get a title reign over the next year or so. Nia Jax is getting the first shot at Asuka at Backlash (and maybe a second at Extreme Rules) and then i expect Shayna to get a shot at SummerSlam. I'm genuinely interested to see what happens over the next few months.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Haven't some of us been saying that for a long time? Didn't many of us predict long ago Vince wouldn't be high on her?

This is the one time where Vince is right. Shayna is awful. Better wait until at least the fans come back to put the title on her, if they need to do so at all.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Is that why they post weird photos of them doing wrestling moves and the in the ring wardrobe malfunctions of them on wrestlewiththeplot and megathreads here ? because they respect their work so much ? :LOL: Dirty bastards
You never heard a women who watched wwe isn't it?Some women did the same with Cena and loved to ship shield member.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Is that why they post weird photos of them doing wrestling moves and the in the ring wardrobe malfunctions of them on wrestlewiththeplot and megathreads here ? because they respect their work so much ? :LOL: Dirty bastards
People on Reddit probably aren't the best barometer for the overall opinion on things mate.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Yeah but there's clearly more fans that care about the characters presented.
You never heard a women who watched wwe isn't it?Some women did the same with Cena and loved to ship shield member.
People on Reddit probably aren't the best barometer for the overall opinion on things mate.
Fucking cavalry's here, have I touched a nerve lads don't worry I wont tell the missus what you've been gettin up to on the laptop :LOL:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts