Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- Vince McMahon has signed a new contract with WWE. The employment contract is effective for three years from January 1st, 2011, with additional year extensions unless he or the company decide not to extend.

Vince will serve in his current roles as Chairman and CEO, as well as Creative Director, writer and performer. He'll get a yearly salary of $1,100,000 and will be entitled to receive an annual bonus target of 100% of base salary depending on performance. He'll have access to the company aircraft for personal time if it's not in business use at the time, along with immediate family members, and gets four weeks paid vacation. He has a one-year no-compete clause.

Credit: PWInsider

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
I know it's a publicly traded company, but the thought of Vince even needing a contract is kind of amusing.

And :lmao at the no-compete clause, as if Vince might go to TNA.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Vince will serve in his current roles as Chairman and CEO, as well as Creative Director, writer and performer. He'll get a yearly salary of $1,100,000 and will be entitled to receive an annual bonus target of 100% of base salary depending on performance. He'll have access to the company aircraft for personal time if it's not in business use at the time, along with immediate family members, and gets four weeks paid vacation. He has a one-year no-compete clause.

Credit: PWInsider
I hope objectivity will reign supreme there.

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,619 Posts
Wait, if Vince has a contract that means he can fire himself.

Maybe instead of blowing up his limo or being crushed by a big tron he will fire himself at the end of one of their 3-Hour events :D

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
BambiKiller said:
I'm sorry but am I the only person who finds it absolutely hilarious that he has a contract with his own company?
I thought the same thing, but then remembered the company is publicly traded, so it's technically controlled by a board and not by Vince, making the contract necessary. Vince's power comes through being the majority shareholder.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My question is even though this is an employment contract, does Vince consider himself an Employee or an Independent Contractor?

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
If he's under contract then does he submit to wellness tests? I bet he has a 30 day suspension coming up.

·
Phantom Thief
17,450 Posts
The Owner of the company has a contract? What the fuck? Who the hell could possibly regret to inform us that Vince Mcmahon has been released, and that they wish him luck in future endavours?

·
October 28th, 2010- My return to WF
959 Posts
Well thank god we wont be losing vince for a good 3 years! i dont know what the company would be like without a CEO... bring in trips!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts