81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
somehow this doesn't surprise me, he left JTG on the payroll for years :p

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
I don't get why people are coming down on Vince for this. That character was on TV 10 years ago. ago. Now if you told me Vince didn't know he had a guy named Luke Gallows on the roster before that was part of SES with Punk, then maybe, just maybe I could see a reason for the name-calling. And even if, the Gallows character left in 2010 which is still six years ago and it's not hard to see how he'd forget a mid-card talent that really didn't do much.

·
My name is 905 and I've just become alive
5,111 Posts
Vince McMahon DOES run the company, so it's a little surprising that he wouldn't remember. I mean, I know that he used to be called Festus and I wasn't even watching the product at the time. The Straight Edge Society stuff happened just after I returned to watching wrestling after a 9 year hiatus.

In Vince's defense, my younger brother WAS watching at the time of Festus and I think he's the one who told me that Gallows used to have a gimmick involving a bell and a song that started with Biscuits and Gravy. At least, that's what my brother would always sing when Gallows came out....BISCUITS AND GRAVY!!!!! Bottom line is that I may not have known if not for my brother.

In further defense of Vince, I imagine he has dealt with an unfathomable number of gimmicks in the past...many of them likely never even reached the air. Makes some sense he wouldn't remember.

After thinking this through in a stream of consciousness , I don't blame Vince for this.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts