Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:maury

http://nodq.com/wwe/474836082.shtml

During an appearance on the Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson talked about how Vince McMahon wasn't aware that Gallows was previously the Festus character in WWE back in 2007-2008. Here is what Anderson said:

"The best part of the Festus character is that we heard from Talent Relations, or the Head of Talent Relations is that Vince doesn’t even remember that he was Festus."

Anderson also said this to Gallows about what Mark Carano told Gallows:

"We go up to the Gorilla Position, and Mark Carano would say, I’m going to go tell Vince and remind him that you were Festus. I would say, don’t tell Vince, I need this run right now."

Gallows added the following:

"I don’t know if we’re even allowed to say the word, but my wife didn’t even know that I was Festus when I married her, which is real."

·
Butter My Arse
11,757 Posts
In all fairness to Vince - and I have been giving the old cunt some stick for the past couple of years - they do look a lot different, and after the thousands of guys he has had to meet over the years, it's not surprising that the crazy old bastard would have this one slip through the net. Still, pretty hilarious all the same. I wonder who else he's managed to forget?

·
No sir, not getting out of this chair.
678 Posts
:ha I wouldn't put it passed Vince, though he does look different from his Festus days

That being said Festus was a much more entertaining character than Luke Gallows, and had a lot stronger booking, especially when that bell rang, still remember Festus/Undertaker on SmackDown.

Reactions: FROSTY

·
Registered
21,617 Posts
To be fair, that's a lot of gimmick's to remember, as well as everything else in his business and personal life. I'm surprised we've not heard stories like this before.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts

·
Banned
8,175 Posts
:maury Vince doesnt remember him being Festus

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If Vince has forgotten about characters/gimmicks then chances are he's also forgotten about some of the notable storylines he's done before like "Higher Power".

1 - 20 of 86 Posts