Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
There is a old story about Bret
Back in the 80s he had a match with this jobber from around that time, by the end of the match , Vince was so convinced that he had found the next big thing that he rushed to offer the guy a contract.
However , Bret was not in the guys next three matches and the true extent of his talent was revealed to be almost non existent and Bret carried the match from start to finish
Much like his match with Bulldog at Summerslam
Bulldog was on a come down from crack that night and two to three minutes into the match decides to tell Bret
“Bret , I’m fucked”
So Bret carried the match and people to this day call it one of the all time greats when it comes to matches.

Now,we fast forward to today
Roman Reigns vs Undertaker
Worst match ever at Mania
Why?
Because taker was injured and Roman had no idea how to carry the match
If that was Bret
It would have still been an instant classic
Same with Rollins
How many people has he put on the injured list?
Compared to I dunno
Bret himself
Double digits vs 0

I can see why Bret is considered one of the greatest champs of all time
He was a work horse and clean as a whistle
His record speaks for itself

dude wasnt a workhorse, but has Hogan ever injured anyone?

Banksy
420 Posts
dude wasnt a workhorse, but has Hogan ever injured anyone?
Hogan lol
Yes , he injured quite a few as well as used cheap tactics to make wrestlers look bad
For instance Hogan vs Goldberg
Why was Goldberg blind half the match?
Or on another note
Is Bret openly racist - no
Did Brets son think he was a member of fast and furious and kill someone - no
Did Bret openly cheat on his wife , with her best friend- no
Did Bret watch not one company but two fail at his own hands thanks to the creative control over his own gimmick and forced decisions make on behalf of both companies -no

Bret didn’t need chemical boosts and was probably the greatest head of the locker room wwe’s ever had

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hogan lol
Yes , he injured quite a few as well as used cheap tactics to make wrestlers look bad
For instance Hogan vs Goldberg
Why was Goldberg blind half the match?
Or on another note
Is Bret openly racist - no
Did Brets son think he was a member of fast and furious and kill someone - no
Did Bret openly cheat on his wife , with her best friend- no
Did Bret watch not one company but two fail at his own hands thanks to the creative control over his own gimmick and forced decisions make on behalf of both companies -no

Bret didn’t need chemical boosts and was probably the greatest head of the locker room wwe’s ever had

bro literally none of these have to do with hogan's safe working, and this is the first time i have heard hogan injured goldberg, when? in their match in the GA Dome?

Banksy
420 Posts
World title match
Hogan as champion
Goldberg as US champ
Two minutes in
Goldberg can’t see
Tries to hit a spear and messes it up
Injuring both himself and Hogan
He later explained that Hogan rubbed oil in his eyes to stop him coming at him full speed in the early going’s of the match.
That was Hogans thing

And it all matters since
He’s the real American fights for the rights of every man
Yeah right
In real life
The guys a disaster

The only controversy surrounding Bret was the screw job
And that wasn’t his fault
The fact McMahon kept the title on him right up until his contract was at an end was the most ridiculous move he could have made

·
Registered
370 Posts
World title match
Hogan as champion
Goldberg as US champ
Two minutes in
Goldberg can’t see
Tries to hit a spear and messes it up
Injuring both himself and Hogan
He later explained that Hogan rubbed oil in his eyes to stop him coming at him full speed in the early going’s of the match.
That was Hogans thing

And it all matters since
He’s the real American fights for the rights of every man
Yeah right
In real life
The guys a disaster

The fact McMahon kept the title on him right up until his contract was at an end was the most ridiculous move he could have made
Was this supposed to be a long form haiku?

Banksy
420 Posts
Was this supposed to be a long form haiku?
Ah , someone from Jersey
I can only presume your from Jersey since you seem like the kind of guy who takes orders all week from your sister/wife
Feels so little that you have to come onto a website
Find a issue in the way someone writes and try to belittle them
Now you had a chuckle
Back to the inbred lifestyle
Have fun 😇

·
Premium Member
15,358 Posts
How?

That's what you have 30 day notice for. Despite signing with WCW on November 1, Bret's WWF contract didn't end until December 1, which gives McMahon a full month to take the title off him.

And that controversy was kind of Bret's fault.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have rewatched so much of WWE from the early to mid 90s on the network...all those memories in HD and I must say, I was wrong. Bret Hart was not just good...he was better than I ever remembered him being. Watching anyone and I don't care if its some popular counter culture indy freak or a manufactured star in the WWE/AEW, in the modern era makes Hart look even better.

These guys in today's world are playing with toy soldiers, Hart was detonating nukes. It's a shame his relationship with Vince broke down the way it did and WCW booked him like crap.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I have rewatched so much of WWE from the early to mid 90s on the network...all those memories in HD and I must say, I was wrong. Bret Hart was not just good...he was better than I ever remembered him being. Watching anyone and I don't care if its some popular counter culture indy freak or a manufactured star in the WWE/AEW, in the modern era makes Hart look even better.

These guys in today's world are playing with toy soldiers, Hart was detonating nukes. It's a shame his relationship with Vince broke down the way it did and WCW booked him like crap.
there is nothing from the 90s in HD in WWE, its upscaled to be played in HD but its 480p

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Great documentary and glad to see Bret his happy ending in pro wrestling and in life.

Vince said Bret was his most credible champion ever. He also said he didn't want Bret to go to WCW and that he didn't want WCW having ALL his top guys lol.

Of course, the screwjob was talked about. I did like to see Hart and HBK of today seeming at peace over it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
HBK was a joke of a champion. Despite your house show numbers for 40 days in spring 1996 haha

Bret Hart is a way, way, way better champion than Shawn Michael's. In like, every way.
That guy is clearly a troll, ignore him.

HBK was a sham champion...I loved hi stuff as a kid but watching it back now his reigns are filled with fake injuries, drugs and alcohol issues, getting beat up for real, not wanting to work with guys and not willing to give back to hart who helped make him a star. His period as champion is absolutely shambolic.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I can't remember who said it, but if more wrestlers today looked up to and studied Bret the way they do HBK, the business would be better off. I agree 100%.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
HBK was a joke of a champion. Despite your house show numbers for 40 days in spring 1996 haha

Bret Hart is a way, way, way better champion than Shawn Michael's. In like, every way.
HBK house show numbers were impressive throughout the year.

Why can't you give him credit?

·
Registered
Galaleroy
1,180 Posts
Awesome , I’ll need to add that to my watch list for tonight ☺

I’m sure Tom Magee is the guy but I can’t be sure until I see the match again.
I found it online years ago but it wasn’t a great copy at times so it would be nice to see it crystal clear

It is Tom Magee. It's one of solomonster's favorite Brett stories

·
Registered
13,342 Posts
Vince Mcmahon gave Bret Hart high praise in this promo drop saying "That was a real champion" for the A & E Documentary.

The way Vince stated that it seems like Vince knows when he has the real deal champion and knows he has "paper champions".

I would love to hear his list on that lol.

Bret is the perfect example of a guy who looks like a star without being a massively built tall guy. Some of the modern day wrestling talent could learn from his rock star swagger. Even the way he walked to the ring during his entrance was boss.

How?

That's what you have 30 day notice for. Despite signing with WCW on November 1, Bret's WWF contract didn't end until December 1, which gives McMahon a full month to take the title off him.

And that controversy was kind of Bret's fault.

Not really. The only reason it ever happened in the first place is because Vince backtracked on honoring Bret's contract less than a year after it was signed.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
53,748 Posts
But he kicked him out of the company when they were getting their ass kicked by the competition and practically begged him to go to said competition. Okay then.

·
Registered
370 Posts
But he kicked him out of the company when they were getting their ass kicked by the competition and practically begged him to go to said competition. Okay then.
Never let a fact get in the way of a mark!

In all honesty, I'm sure Vince would have loved to keep Bret if money wasn't a concern. But it was at the time, and he decided taking a gamble to pay Mike Tyson for WM14 was a better business decision. Vince already had HBK under contract for way less money so he's like, I already have my long term top heel (HBK) and top face (Austin) in place, Bret was a luxury at that point that Vince couldn't afford.

21 - 40 of 118 Posts