Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
To be fair, it actually seemed to be doing well this last time around until COVID-19 blew it all up.
Eh, it started strong, but was on a sharp and steady decline. Most of the commentary on it was that it was a pretty bad sign the way they were losing fans each week. There seemed to be some very real concern that, if Things don’t change, it might not be around next year anyway regardless of COVID. It seemed as though COVID might have ended up helping Vince, financially, as I would imagine he’d get some sort of tax breaks or some offset if he declared bankruptcy due to COVID rather than just because it failed on its own.

I posted a ton of links/sources in some other thread where some dude trying arguing with me about it, but I’m too lazy to find it now.

·
Registered
304 Posts
From what I remember reading and hearing on Pat McAfee Show, the XFL didn't pay any one. They owe coaches, players, stadiums, almost every one worked and would get paid later even down to the people that put logos on gym bags to help the league get started. I don't think people will trust Vince to do that again. Plus, name brand. XFL isn't a good brand any more.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Just blame the losses on Covid-19 and be done with it. Instead of doing that, McMahon further risks new lawsuits as some staff, promotional companies, stadiums, coaches, etc weren't paid properly, and that is excluding Luck. The only way the majority of people in the football will want to do business with XFL/McMahon in the future will be via deposit contract.

·
Waiting for Kawato
839 Posts
Surely nobody but the very stupid and the very desperate would go and work for him after what he just pulled? Like what dope is he going to get to run it this time? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
So basically he bankrupted the company just so he can buy it again and own 100% to answer to no one. How is that even legal? And who the fuck is going to trust him after the shit he just pulled especially with Oliver Luck?

·
Registered
12,685 Posts
So basically he bankrupted the company just so he can buy it again and own 100% to answer to no one. How is that even legal? And who the fuck is going to trust him after the shit he just pulled especially with Oliver Luck?
Vince went to Trump University and attended Bankruptcy 101.

·
Southern Pride
3,240 Posts
IF Vince really is wanting to start the XFL back up again, I don't blame him. The XFL was doing decent before the virus. Not great but not horrible either.

That article does make a good point though. It would be harder for Vince to do it for the 3rd (or 2.5) attempt after what happened with the recent shutdown.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts